Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Myolie Wu is officially married; Touched to tears by husband's declaration of love

168 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun / MingPao

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

2rnigit.jpg

s6q33p.jpg

2eyw9c7.jpg

4izdj8.jpg

qnlabk.jpg

21cbifc.jpg

es6iph.jpg

14sdx7m.jpg

2uiayyd.jpg

166akk2.jpg

2je5xc8.jpg

i1fp7l.jpg

Myolie Wu is officially married; Touched to tears by husband's declaration of love

36 year old Myolie Wu has finally escaped the 'single status'! Yesterday, she and 40 year old boyfriend, Philip Lee tied the knot and were officially declared husband and wife! From receiving the bride to marriage registration, the newlywed couple kissed several times. When they were giving their vows, Myolie was touched to tears by Philip's "declaration of love".

After Myolie and Philip dated for a year, the two finally tied the knot under the witness of their friends and family yesterday. Philip was in action already at 7 am in the morning in his Chinese style costume, along with 23 best men, to go 'receive the bride'. As for Myolie, she wore a 200,000 HKD Chinese style gown, and waited with 11 of her good 'sisters', including Nancy Wu, Paisley Hu, Mandy Wong, Selena Lee, etc. She did not forget to post a selfie and wrote: "I am ready!"

Touched to tears by 'declaration of love'

After successfully receiving the bride, Myolie and Philip sweetly kissed each other. After the couple arrived at the hotel, they kissed again when 'serving tea' to their parents, very sweet! Afterwards, they got on the wedding car to head to a private clubhouse in Sheung Shui for the marriage registration ceremony. Approximately 200 friends and family attended to witness Myolie and Philip's sweetest moment!

The couple arrived at Sheung Shui at around 1:30pm, and immediately changed into white wedding attire. The wedding ceremony was decorated with a white theme, filled with white orchids and roses. When the ceremony started, Myolie's father handed Myolie to Phillip, and the two used English to say their vows. The bride was not able to hold her tears when the groom spoke, while her bridesmaids also teared up. After the ceremony, the newlyweds were given blessings by the guests and took photos for memories. Afterwards, they were driven back to the Ritz Carlton hotel to prepare for the wedding banquet held at night. In the evening, Myolie was accompanied by a group of her bridesmaids to received interviews from the press at the hotel. The bride, who was clearly in a good mood, showed off her diamond wedding ring. Because her husband was very tired and needed to rest, Myolie handled the press alone. She revealed that the wedding ceremony was very smooth, and she was not as nervous as she thought she would be: "I had insomnia for the past two nights, but I wasn't too tired today. (Did you cry when you signed the marriage papers?) A few times! I was a littled touched! Because so many friends and family were there, I was very touched when we said our vows. (How many points do you give your husband?) Full marks! I get full marks too. (Have you gotten used to being called Mrs. Lee yet?) Starting to get used to it now!"

Enjoy the world of two by travelling the world

Myolie also expressed that because she was too busy earlier, she didn't have much time to accompany her husband, so she took two months off from her company so they can enjoy time together and travel the world! When asked about plans for having children, Myolie replied: "Need to wait a bit first. We want to enjoy the world of two too, enjoy a bit of our marriage life. We were very free before, but now we have to respect each other, need to plan many things together. Need to get used to this new identity first, but really happy, I feel really lucky!" Asked about the wedding banquet expenses, she laughed: "This time, my husband spent a lot of money to marry me, I need to show the colours of a wife now and tell him to work hard and earn money!" During the wedding banquet at night, Myolie thanked her parents-in-law in Hakka and promised to give them obedient grandchildren.

The gift they prepared for guests was a gold and red stone shaped chocolate with the initials "MP" printed on it. Myolie's management company even ordered a food truck for the press that offered snacks and drinks, and even prepared abalone dinner boxes for them. There was abalone, beef, egg and vegetables. On the boxes, there was even a picture of the couple kissing; very sweet and happy!

Mandy Wong caught the bouquet

During the banquet, the couple stood at the background set to take pictures with guests. When the banquet officially started, the big screen played clips of the couple's life and sweet pictures of their vacations. On stage, Philip used English to share how he and Myolie met and said that he is very happy to marry a good wife. As for Myolie, she spoke in Cantonese and Hakka to deliver her speech, and praised Philip for being a good husband. They cut the wedding cake and exchanged glasses of wine. When the bride threw the bouquet, Mandy Wong was the lucky one who caught it. After the wedding banquet, they held an after party at Lan Kwai Fong.

Kevin Cheng and Grace Chan arrives holding hands tightly

Myolie and Philip held 52 tables at their banquet with a star-studded guest list. Many couples arrived, including Vincent Wong and Yoyo Chen, Michael Tse and his wife, Tina, Michael Miu and Jamie Chik, Michelle Ye and her boyfriend, etc. In particular, the couples, Kevin Cheng and Grace Chan, and Him Law and Tavia Yeung gained a lot of media attention. Asked Kevin if this is the first time he brought a girlfriend to attend a wedding? He laughed: "Actually, I don't go to weddings often, so yes, it's the first time!" Asked if Grace wants to get married, she ignored the question and replied: "I'm really excited to go in and see Myolie's dress and see how the banquet is!" Kevin Cheng's ex-girlfriend, Niki Chow, also attended the banquet. She arrived alone; asked if she feels awkward that Kevin and his girlfriend, Grace Chan are at the banquet too? She said: "No, it's quite normal. It's not the first time we're at the same venue. I will still say hi if we see each other."

It was rumoured that Him Law and Tavia Yeung would be getting married in March, Him replied: "The things the magazines write are wrong, we won't hide it if we get married. (When will it be you guys?) These things will come naturally when they happen."

Other guests included Kenneth Ma, Christine Kuo, Jessica Hsuan, Nancy Sit, Liza Wang, Skye Chan, Edwin Siu, Raymond Cho, Daniel Chau, Kelly Fu, TVB executives, Virginia Lok and Sandy Yu, etc.

Additional Photos:

Spoiler:

1z2m4y9.jpg

x1wolx.jpg

24ffwav.jpg

2wbrsr6.jpg

9g8v45.jpg

29fc8kl.jpg

Congratulation !! I thought she is late 20s. Didn't know she is 36 !!! lol. COngrAtulation Myolie !!

Congratulations to the lovely bride and lucky groom - you do make a lovely couple

And what better year than 2015 to be married and start a lovely life together.

Congratulations to Myolie and her husband. Wishing them all the best.

Finally MW found someone who appreciate her very much. Wishing them have a happy merry marriage life forever.

wow, congratulations to the happy couple! they look so great, and all the guests look great too. Him Law's pants are too casual for a wedding though. Nobody mentioned Bosco Wong at all lol

congrats to myolie and phil! wish them both lots of happiness and love!

congrat... it seem not lots of artists she worked at tvb when such as raymond, ron, and charmaine etc

Love her white wedding dress. Now she can promote her wedding store with the photos. Congratulations!

congrats to her and her husband. wish them a lifetime happiness

congrats to myolie and Philip !

she looked gorgeous on her wedding

love her dress and her bride maids had a blast

Congrats to the happy couple. All the best for the future..lots and lots of children!

Congrats Myolie and her Husband wishing you guys all the best!

congrats to them :) Tavia looks really pretty! best wishes to the new couple though

wow they look good, well suit

all the best to them

congratulations to her and finally she got her mr right to be together..wonderful

grand wedding and look really gorgeous in that white dress.congrats to her

congrats to the both of them. Happy Myolie had found someone

Congrats to them both, esp to myolie have finally found happiness.

bosco more suitable then this guy on it. will see how the happiness last

Aww I want to hear the speeches they did for each other! Myolie looked beautiful though. Glad she found her happiness :)

Congratulations Myolie, she look so beautiful and happiness is showing on her face. Wishing the perfect couple happiness always.