Followers 0
johnwai82

Hungry rat scratches patron's neck in Tin Hau noodle shop

11 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts HK/ Apple Daily

Edited: johnwai82

1450020590_4ee6.jpg

neck_rat.jpg

A 47-year-old man was rather shocked to receive a side dish of rat-atouille with his noodles on Sunday evening. The diner surnamed Chow was having beef vermicelli at a noodle shop on Tin Hau's Electric Road when a rat reportedly around five inches long, appeared on his shoulder and scratched him on the neck. The Sun reports that the rat had jumped down onto Chow's shoulder from an air conditioning unit above him and suggested it may have been trying to steal some noodles. A rat swinging down precariously from its lair for food ? Sounds like the Hong Kong adaptation of a certain cinematic masterpiece... that we've possibly already referenced.

Apparently the little fella was not warmly received by the noodle shop's patrons however as their shrieks scared the rodent, out of all the places it into the kitchen. After Chow found out his neck was bleeding from the scratch he was reportedly taken to hospital where doctors assured him the wound was not serious. The owner of the noodle shop has apparently promised to pay Chow's medical bills and bring the restaurant's sanitary standards up to scratch (no scratching pun intended).

In some places like Hong Kong and London I dont think you can get away from those pesky rodents. The frightening thing is the place looks relatively decent - i have been to places that look a lot worse. I feel sorry for Mr Chow - an incident like that would make you wary to eat out.

True, sometimes a place will look clean or dirty and you end up pleasantly surprised or scared out of your wits. With only scratches, I think he's pretty lucky, much worse could have happened.

I've actually seen places that look worst than that Noodle Shop, I'm just glad that the man wasn't seriously hurt and that the scratch wasn't infectious.

Not surprised by this just glad the guy didn't suffer any infections.

That is disgusting of Noodle Shop! This reflects questionable food handling and hygiene.. I'm just glad that the man is okey!

the rats are not that afraid of the humans as much now. so sad.......

I'd be worried about all the plates and utensils that are probably contaminated by the rat running around after hours.

They will be wherever there is food. Sanitation and cleanliness are key to all food places but it's really hard once they start breeding.

yuk this is so nasty. i can't stand rat around anywhere.

that is pretty disgusting. it seems that rats are everywhere. they need to be careful and the man should go the hospital to check to make sure there is no virus entering the body as the rat are dirty.