Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Anthony Wong and Nancy Wu win TV King and Queen awards for the first time at 2015 TVB Anniversary Awards

123 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

2q35bpe.jpg

2qx6kyf.jpg

2wr146f.jpg

21kct3s.jpg

34j9hz9.jpg

29cpc3p.jpg

kdn0w7.jpg

Anthony Wong and Nancy Wu win TV King and Queen awards for the first time at TVB Anniversary Awards

TVB Anniversary Awards 2015 was officially held last night. Film King level, Anthony Wong, took down strong opponent, Ruco Chan to become TV King, while "Best Actress" was won by Nancy Wu, who was a hot favourite for the award. Winning the award for the first time, she cried on stage. As for Ruco Chan and Kristal Tin, who missed out on the TV King and Queen awards, they took home the "Most Popular Male & Female Character" awards. "Best Drama" was won by "Lord of Shanghai".

Anthony Wong, who was nominated for his role in "Lord of Shanghai" received a lot of praise from the audience for his acting skills, and was also a favourite in internal voting. In the end, he was able to take the award home! After the result was announced, Anthony hugged his opponents, Ruco Chan, Wayne Lai and Louis Cheung, and received the award from Kristal Tin. His speech was humourous; Anthony pretended to be touched to tears, and said in a Chung King Fai voice: "I got something at least! Thought I'd be getting an Oscar after I won a Hong Kong Film Award.", causing the whole audience to laugh. He continued: "I really treasure this award... I heard it's real gold!" He also spoke of Anita Mui's awards being auctioned off; he said: "Thinking back to some awards being auctioned off this week, I am really unhappy. Each and every award represents many people's hard work, need to respect it! Of course, I need to thank TVB, Amy Wong. She really tolerated me, and gave me such a great role. And the four directors really communicated with each other, the PA was very smart, I also need to thank the hair and make-up artist for treating me to instant noodles and tea!"

Ruco Chan & Kristal Tin, "Most Popular"

Ruco Chan, who was nominated for his role in "Captain of Destiny" came into the race with grandeur, as he took home the TV King awards in both Singapore and Malaysia, plus he also had a large fan base. However, Anthony Wong came into the picture and blocked his path to the TVB TV King award, and in the end, was only able to get the "Most Popular Male Character" award. He said: "Finally got an award from the company! This year, I cooperated with many talented people, especially in "Captain of Destiny"! Thank you to Catherine Tsang, who brought me back to my "maternal school". This is why I have this opportunity to get this award today. Also need to thank all front-and backstage co-workers, and my mother. Also, there is someone very close to me that I must thank, thanks to him for teaching me so strictly all these years, so that I wouldn't take any wrong steps. That is my Daddy!"

The "Best Actress" award was also a tight competition between "Ghost of Relativity"'s Nancy Wu and Kristal Tin. Last night, Nancy Wu beat Kristal to win her first "TV Queen" award! When she heard that she won, she immediately cried and hugged Kristal. When she gave her award speech, she almost cried until she couldn't talk: "Really never thought about this! In my heart, Liza Wang and Kristal are always the best actresses. I feel I still have a lot of space for improvement in this drama. Next year, we'll be filming a new drama with the same cast, I will use 200% effort to do the best I can! Specially to Wayne Lai, who I've cooperated with so many times, thank you!"

Nearly 100,000 people voted

Kristal Tin, who was challenging to win the TV Queen award for the second time, won the "Most Popular Female Character" award with her role in "Ghost of Relativity". She choked up, saying: "This is my first time doing a comedy, thank you to the audience for liking my character! Nowadays, so many people say TVB dramas aren't chasing up to the trend, not suitable for the younger generation to watch anymore, but I want to say, it is impossible for every drama filmed to become a classic, But all the front and backstage cast and crew really treasure each working opportunity. I am really happy to win this award because I put in my efforts for it. Thank you to Nancy and Moses, especially Nancy. If there is no "Keung Yung", there wouldn't be a "Suen Suk Mui"!" The final award, "Best Drama" was won by "Lord of Shanghai", making the drama the biggest winner of the night! This year, TVB also added a new award, "Most Popular Classic Drama", which was voted by the public. The award was won by "The Greed of Man" with 21,982 votes.

This year, the voting system was split into two types; "Best Actor/Actress", "Most Popular Male/Female Character" and "Best Drama" was voted by the public and internal judge panel, including 10 TVB executives, producers and other industry professionals. Each of those groups represented 50%. Other awards such as "Best Supporting Actor/Actress", "Most Improved Male/Female Artiste", "Best Variety Show Host", etc. were voted by approximately 4000 TVB artistes and the judge panel, each taking 50%. The total vote count for the awards ceremony was 582,194 votes, with close to 100,000 people voting.

Tony Hung & Grace Chan win Most Improved

Tony Hung and Grace Chan took home the "Most Improved Male/Female Artiste" awards. The award was presented to Tony by his girlfriend, Natalie Tong: "Thank you to Ruco Chan for teaching me how to act. Thank you Natalie, if I forgot this, I would have to kneel on glass when I get home!" Tony said backstage: "Natalie giving me the award was very memorable. I want to celebrate too, but I have to work at 0600 am tomorrow, so I'll hug the award to sleep! (Not hugging your girlfriend?) She might win an award tonight too! (Both love and hate Ruco Chan?) He's so talented, he's given me a lot of inspiration!"

As for "Best Supporting Actress", Elaine Yiu won the award with her role in "Captain of Destiny", she cried while giving her speech: "Didn't think I'd be able to get it again! Thank you TVB! Thank you to my good sisters, Nancy Wu, Linda Chung, and Myolie Wu, who is watching TV right now! (Announce marriage?) Haven't thought about it yet. (Didn't thank boyfriend?) He said no need to, I'll thank him here! I will call him later, he is watching live on TV with Ting Ko. (Waiting to get married?) I need to work even harder after getting this award. Marriage can come later!" Willie Wai won "Best Supporting Actor" with "Lord of Shanghai"; he thanked Anthony Wong: "It was because of Anthony's one sentence that changed my fate. Thank you to him for suggesting me to act as his right-hand man. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have this chance! Thank you to TVB for letting me come back, or else I wouldn't be able to get this award!" Backstage, he said he has to treat Anthony to dinner: "I am so lucky to have met such a 'superman' like Anthony!"

Additional Photos:

Spoiler:

242bkv8.jpg

jpedd5.jpg

15quon8.jpg

vdpcav.jpg

33wquit.jpg

2vwinp1.jpg

congrats to all the winners, but man, nancy really deserved it

Good for Nancy! She deserves it....she's been doing really well.

havent seen lord of shanghai yet, but im sure anthony did a great job in his role, im not too set on nancy winning for her role in ghost of relativity, i thought she was good, but not excellent

so happy she won tv queen. Shes been with TVB for so long. She definitely deserves it, shes such a good actress.

congrats to all the winners. im so happy that nancy won

congrats to all winners! kudos to anthony for winning. Hope ruco will win next year!

congratulation to all the winners, they have work hard to achieved the award, anyway next year hope to see kate tsui and kenneth ma getting something lol

Edited by chris2k9

Congratulations to Anthony Wong, well done and well deserved

Congratulations to both Anthony Wong and Nancy Wu.

well-deserved winners. always love nancy wu, she is indeed a versatile actress. anthony wong, needless to say, is a seasoned actor.

Congrats to both. I haven't watched either series yet but knowing how TVB Awards go these days, at least they're 2 veterans, especially Anthony, and Nancy has been working for a really long time on many different roles.

Congrats to Nancy. She should of won awhile ago. Way better actress than alot of the popular females

I had my money on Wayne. It was a surprise to see Anthony Wong win but nonetheless, he did a really good job in Lord of Shanghai.

Congratulations to all the winners!! Well deserved by all, especially Anthony. I have seen him act over the years in different characters and by far this is one of his best ones yet.

congrats to nancy, well deserved!! it's about time that her acting got reongnized. her dress is so pretty too!

congratulations to all the actress and actors. Well deserved for their efforts. May we be able to see more and more improvements for their acting skills

congratulation to voth of them, they deserve the win, their act are soo good and i liove all their dramas, wwelll doen to this tcb actors

Congrats to all the winners! Though I don't think Grace deserved it at all and TVB changing the rules just to give her the award was just stupid. Nancy definitely deserves the award but I felt she didn't really have any competition for it and it was oblivious to give it to her. Also, her role in OT wasn't that memorable.