Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Kristal Tin and Nancy Wu tie to win the TV Queen award together at the TVB Star Awards 2015

107 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

2irrv4l.jpg

4ggmkn.jpg

2ah8fbc.jpg

2dwhxtj.jpg

303eed3.jpg

Kristal Tin and Nancy Wu tie to win the TV Queen award together at the TVB Star Awards 2015

Last night, TVB Star Awards 2015 was held in Malaysia. Ruco Chan, who won TV King in Singapore last month, took home the Best Actor award once again. As for the TV Queen award, Kristal Tin and Nancy Wu both tied to take home the Best Actress award together. Best Supporting Actor and Actress were awarded to Benjamin Yuen and Elaine Yiu, while the "Best Drama" award was won by "Captain of Destiny".

Ruco Chan, who is in Okinawa filming for "Brother's Keeper 2", won the TV King award with his character in "Captain of Destiny" once again. He was unable to attend the ceremony, but gave his award speech through a video interview: "Thank you TVBI, Astro, thank you to all of the cast and crew behind "Captain of Destiny". Thank you to all my Malaysian fans who voted everyday!" As for Wayne Lai, who had won the TV King award three times at the TVB Anniversary Awards in the past, took home one of the "My Favourite TVB Character" awards.

"Supporting Actress" Elaine Yiu touched to tears

The fierce competition among the lead actresses has always been a hot topic. Of all the nominees, the two female leads of "Ghost of Relativity", Nancy Wu and Kristal Tin, had the highest popularity. In the end, the two took the "My Favourite TVB Actress in a Leading Role" award together! The two immediately hugged each other in tears after hearing the announcement. Kristal first cried saying: "I am really happy! Actually, there was some pressure this time. I was scared Nancy would be sad if I won. She works really hard, and really deserves it!" She also thanked her husband, Chapman To, and even excitedly yelled: "I Love You!" As for Nancy, she expressed: "I never thought it would be this result. Everyone knows that I wanted to sing when I entered this industry, but just like that, I've been acting for 13 years. To be able to stand on this stage today, I really have to thank Kristal Tin, thank you Catherine Tsang, thanks to my family!"

Benjamin Yuen beat Louis Cheung and Matt Yeung to win "My Favourite TVB Supporting Actor" award with his outstanding acting in "The Fixer". When he gave his award speech, he openly thanked his girlfriend, Jennifer Shum: "I really didn't think (I would get this), really surprised! Thank you to all who voted for me! Lastly, I want to specially thank my good friend Jennifer!" As for the Supporting Actress award, Elaine Yiu won with her performance in "Raising the Bar". She, who wore a back-revealing dress, immediately cried when she walked on stage, and said while trying to swallow back tears: "I cried once I got on stage, so touched! Because I can see so many good 'sisters' standing on this stage, winning an award with Nancy, Selena and them!" When she helped her "opponent", Rosina Lam, promote her new hot pot shop in her speech, Rosina immediately blew her kisses from below the stage.

Also, Matt Yeung and Tracy Chu both respectively took home the "My Favourite Most Promising Actor/Actress" awards. When Matt gave his speech, he noted that this is his first award since being in the entertainment industry: "TVB brought me from zero to now, and TVBI brought me to Malaysia!" From her win in Singapore last month, Tracy took home the Most Improved award once again, winning over Sisley Choi, Grace Chan, Jacqueline Wong and other competitors. She said on stage: "This is my first time in Malaysia, and I get to take this award! Very meaningful! Thank you so much to all the producers, Poon Ka Tak and Lam Chi Wah, who dared to use me. Without the chances they gave me, I wouldn't have this chance to win this award."

Congrats to Ruco, Kristal, and Nancy for the winning awards for the lead roles. I'm especially happy that Elaine Yiu won the support role. I really like her and think that she has been underused by TVB. Hopefully, they'll promote her more in the future.

Congratulation to Kristal Tin and Nancy Wu tie to win the TV Queen award together at the TVB Star Awards 2015. Hope more good series from both of you soon.

I think they should have just awarded one Best Actress. It feels like TVB is just trying to make everyone happy by giving out a bunch of awards tbh -_- Honestly I'm the most content with the winners for the most improved/promising. Mat has been with TVB since the 13th acting class so I'm happy he's finally won an award.

Congrats to all the lady winners ... dresses and pucker up lips and all... must have been a fun and happy night for all

So happy for both of them... i hope if one of them has to win the TVB award in Hk , it will be Nancy's turn :)

Congrats to Kristal and Nancy! They both did an amazing job and both deserve this award.

Hmm, this being the very first time having 2 TV queen in TVB history. But anyways, congrats to both Kristal Tin and Nancy Wu.

Wow, and here I'd always thought the Astro awards are blatantly fixed and that you have to show up to get an award. Thankfully, I was surprised.

...Can't say much else though, because I've only seen Raising the Bar and nothing else, heh.

wow congratulations to the both of them! loved them in the drama that they were both in together!

Congrats to them! Can't wait to watch it. Love to see them all dressed up :)

Congratulations to all the winner, how come I don't see Vincent Wong? Hmmm his acting is pretty good ! Hopefully next year he would get some awards!!!

Super Happy for Nancy Wu - rewatching The Ultimate Addiction at this moment haha

This is exciting. What grest news. Nice dresses. Great job. How wonderful.

aww, congrats to them all! good work!! wasn't a huge fan of the series, but they are both terrific actresses! well deserved

congrat nancy wu..first time get main female lead award...keep it up...tvb is losing all famous female and male leads :( i don like new leads..

congrats to all the winners!! well deserved!!! Love and support Elaine Yiu!! :)

I'm so happy they both got the award for best actress! First timer!

they can have ties in those awards?? I thought all of them will be wearing black again like previous years but guess not

Obviously rigged, 2 favourite actress winners with same votes? Happy for Nancy but outcome is sus.

I don't' see at TVB awards that this will happen again.

Ruco deserves his award for favourite actor as he basically saved Captain of Destiny, he was only reason to watch the series.

Best series should have gone to Lord of Shanghai.

I never knew they did ties in awards but I am happy to see this. they were exceptional in the series x]

congrats to them both.. pretty surprise there is 2 winners.. congrats to all winners..