Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Dog refuses to leave dead companion’s side after road accident

8 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight

Image/Youtube: Appledaily

05la8p30.jpg

It was a scene that made almost all passersby choke up with emotion. On Wednesday, people going about their business in Kam Tin in Yuen Long district stopped in their tracks as they saw a dog grieving over a dead companion — another canine — in the middle of a road. Refusing to give up on his friend, who was hit by a car earlier, the dog stood guard over the body of his lifeless buddy even as vehicles whizzed past.

People tried to coax him out of the traffic, but the dog didn’t budge, unmindful of the danger it was itself facing as it stood in the middle on the road. It was only later when a kind driver towed the dead dog onto a pavement that his loyal companion finally got off the road, causing bystanders to heave a sigh of relief, according to Apple Daily. The incident is said to have taken place at about 4 pm on Kong Tai Road.

A lady surnamed Li told Apple Daily that she saw the dog still near his friend’s corpse many hours later, and that she was deeply touched at the show of loyalty and compassion. As of midnight, workers from the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department were yet to pick up the body of the dead animal. That prompted Li to call up a pets hospice care services company to do the needful. It was only after the body was removed that his canine friend finally left the spot.

Edited by R.E.D

I've heard of this sort of thing happen quiet often with dogs and other domesticated animals. They are very loyal and will often not leave the side of their loved one. It's very sad that this sort of accident has to happen. I hope that the other dog will find a loving family to take them in.

This is really so sad, it shows that dogs are very loyal. It is really tragic when one dog in a pack dies, we have seen so many of this kind of behavior in so many dogs in the USA and Canada area. Hopefully the dog have a found a good home where it can get lots of loving and caring.

It's touching. It goes to prove that animals can me more human than humans themselves.

I agree totally with Johnwai82 'scomment. You only have to listen or watch the news to hear of some cruel and barbaric activities some people get up to. Animals may not be as intelligenent as humans are but that does not mean that they lack a sense of love, care and emotion which is associated with being "humane". One thing for sure is that the dog shows more love and caring for companion than the driver of the car who, not only injured the dog intentionally or unintentionally, but callously drove away without helping or calling for help.

Im not sure if it is a criminal offence to knock down a dog and drive away in Hong Kong but I certainly hope that the person is caught and punished.

This is so sad.. I hope animal care was able to retrieve the body and his companion was taken in to be care for.

that is so sad the other dog died. hopefully the animal care organization would come to get the body and take the other dog to facility so that other owners can adopt the dog.

Such a good dog, I hope that it is living a comfortable life somewhere with a caring owner.