Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Sleeping watchman loses three expensive cars to thieves

10 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight

Youtube: Appledaily

1030-00407-031b2.jpg1030-00407-031b1.jpg

Police are looking for three men who stole three expensive cars from a parking lot while the watchman was sleeping. The theft took place in the wee hours Thursday in Yau Luen Apartments in Sham Shui Po, Apple Daily reports.

The suspects drove away with a Mercedes-Benz, a Lexus and a top-end Toyota car after prying open a box where the keys were kept. They also took HK$3,000 (US$387) from the box. The security guard, surnamed Choi, did not discover the theft until hours later. He reported it to the police. Investigators are examining footage from a surveillance camera which apparently shows the suspects.

Choi and his father operate the parking lot which has 10 tenants and take turns watching the cars. They keep the keys in a box in case they have to move the vehicles. Some are double parked. Father and son have apologized to the owners.

Barrister Albert Luk said the owners can demand compensation from the Chois for negligence. However, they may not get anything from their insurance company if the car park is illegal, Ringo Lee, chairman of the Institute of the Motor Industry Hong Kong, said.

That's pretty risky leaving keys at the parking lot. In the article the car owners may have no recourse, so I wonder what hurts more... their pocket book or their pride.

Why would people leave their car keys with their parking lot watchman? That is just stupid.

I get why the tenants left the keys with the watchman. So that he can move the cars if another tenant needs to get out. What I don't get is why the tenants do not have trackers on their cars. With all these expensive cars, I'm sure they could've afford to add a gps to track where the location of their car. Also I know the watchman fell asleep, but didn't he hear the engine or all the commotion when this was happening?

These guys are getting thirsty just right before the holidays and must keep one eye open and one eye closed when sleeping at night.

That's ridiculous...Must be someone who's been scouting the place. This guy should deserve some kind of lawsuit. And possibly no compensation for the double parked cars? That's just sad... Best wishes to lot owner and the owners of the stolen cars...

Where is the parking watchman.. The thieves pry open the safe and drive away without being notices??

Looks like a little rinky-dink mom and pop shop. I wouldn't trust having an expensive vehicle watched by them. And where was this box located that someone can pry it open without anyone noticing? And to boot, have someone drive off with 3 vehicles without notice.

Sleeping on any security related job is asking for a lot of trouble. Someone must have known the owners or had seen them dozing off before to take the opportunity.

that is not good. hopefully the police will catch those people who stole the cars. the watchman should've watch the cars more closely.