Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"Love in a Puff" film series returns for third installment with original leads, Shawn Yue and Miriam Yeung

45 posts in this topic

Source: Liberty Times Net

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

n4a1bb.jpg

"Love in a Puff" film series returns for third installment with original leads, Shawn Yue and Miriam Yeung

The city-love film series "Love in a Puff" and "Love in the Buff", starring Hong Kong "male god" Shawn Yue and film queen, Miriam Yeung, had touched many film fanatics. Finally, after 3 years, director Pang Ho Cheung has announced a third installment of "Love in the Buff", which is currently in planning. The story will be about the couple becoming a "family", describing how Cherie and Jimmy get along with their parents after marriage. The issues between daughter and mother-in-law will create many laughs.

Pang Ho Cheung revealed that the new movie will be filmed by the original cast, and will hopefully start filming mid next year. They will start to write the screenplay to finish it in time.

2010's "Love in a Puff" had Jimmy and Cherie become "smoke buddies" in an alley in Beijing, which discussed views of love. In the 2012 sequel, "Love in the Buff", the couple broke up and met again in Beijing, and a new character (played by Yang Mi) comes between them. The movie revolved around the issue of Hong Kong people moving to China to work, and the communication problems between Hong Kong and Chinese culture. With her performance in the sequel, Miriam Yeung won the "Best Actress" award at the 23rd Hong Kong Film Awards.

While I understand that smoking is sometimes used to create the mood, etc, I really don't like it. However, the premise of this series seems too good to bypass. I never watched any of the installments of Love in a Puff. But my hate for smoking may be why. I just wish the actors didn't have to actually smoke, but judging by the movie title, it is inevitable.

Ooohh the premise seems interesting. I was kind of iffy about the second one, I hope they don't add new love lines to this.

boy, hk film market is lacking star power that they have to remilk previous successes.