Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"Love in a Puff" film series returns for third installment with original leads, Shawn Yue and Miriam Yeung

45 posts in this topic

Source: Liberty Times Net

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

n4a1bb.jpg

"Love in a Puff" film series returns for third installment with original leads, Shawn Yue and Miriam Yeung

The city-love film series "Love in a Puff" and "Love in the Buff", starring Hong Kong "male god" Shawn Yue and film queen, Miriam Yeung, had touched many film fanatics. Finally, after 3 years, director Pang Ho Cheung has announced a third installment of "Love in the Buff", which is currently in planning. The story will be about the couple becoming a "family", describing how Cherie and Jimmy get along with their parents after marriage. The issues between daughter and mother-in-law will create many laughs.

Pang Ho Cheung revealed that the new movie will be filmed by the original cast, and will hopefully start filming mid next year. They will start to write the screenplay to finish it in time.

2010's "Love in a Puff" had Jimmy and Cherie become "smoke buddies" in an alley in Beijing, which discussed views of love. In the 2012 sequel, "Love in the Buff", the couple broke up and met again in Beijing, and a new character (played by Yang Mi) comes between them. The movie revolved around the issue of Hong Kong people moving to China to work, and the communication problems between Hong Kong and Chinese culture. With her performance in the sequel, Miriam Yeung won the "Best Actress" award at the 23rd Hong Kong Film Awards.

never really understood why filming had to have smoking scenes, i guess cause it makes the character look bad as* and cool

I admit that I have seen both movies and with a third installment on the way, it feels like we get to see the character's relationship grow and conclude.

I loved both movies, and really excited for the third installment.

Some of the best writing in a movie that I've seen in a long time

I didn't really understand the first one, smoking mad and I don't think I'll be watching the new one.

yay! This movie was really good. And they are having the same cast which is awesome.

It will be very interesting to see Cherie and Chow Yun Fat as the parents. Cannot wait to see it

wow, they really like this idea..

even if they did not even really had any idea/plot at the beginning somehow it attracts people

I really liked the first 2 films so I'm excited to watch the 3rd one! Hope they will be able to keep the plot interesting

three years ago the 2nd installment???time flies away too soon.

Absolutely loved both movies and cannot wait for the third to come out. Longtime fan of Miriam Yeung

i really liked one and 2 but how are they going to continue with the 3rd one? -__- no more third parties please

Oh Miriam is still acting? It'll be interesting to see how she portrays the character! The hair sure looks funky.

am I the only one who think Shawn Yue describe as "male god" is totally out of wack? i can't be the only one who doesn't think he looks good at all right?

didnt no this movie were that back then .. didnt quite get it

but if he win that will be nice didnt see him win a award

I don't see how they can continue this series again? The story seems to be dragging now.

It's going to take a lot of work for this type of movie to be interesting as I've always thought these movies are only good to watch when you have nothing else to do. For most people, it tends to drag on.

dont really like this Love in a Puff...it gives a bad example to young kids to attempt to smoke...

lovely ot hear there's a 3rd instalment to this movie series! anticipating for naother great movie =)

OMG! I can't believe they are working together again! I MUST WATCH!

curious to see how well the third instalment will do compared to the other two