Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

William Chan and Charlene Choi announce the end of their five year relationship

131 posts in this topic

Source: on.cc

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

mkgdj5.jpg

2hojjv7.jpg

jtmg74.jpg

William Chan and Charlene Choi announce the end of their five year relationship

Ever since Charlene Choi and William Chan went public with their relationship, the lives of the two were always in the spotlight. In the beginning, the relationship was not widely supported because "the woman was above the man" (as Charlene's career was much more successful). However, ever since William Chan started to develop his career in Mainland China, his popularity shot up sky high after the ancient drama "Swords of Legend". The voices from outsiders immediately changed and felt that William's popularity has even went above Charlene's. In addition to being apart all the time, rumours of the two breaking up were often reported, but the couple had always denied it.

Last night after midnight, William Chan and Charlene Choi both posted a paragraph on Weibo, confessing about the two's relationship. In the end, they expressed that they have mutually decided to break up harmoniously, and hope that everyone can give them enough space to live their lives and work; officially announcing the end of their 5 year relationship.

Their announcement read: "Every artist hopes that their hard work can be recognized, but often, the spotlight ends up being focused on our love lives. We can only tell ourselves that we knew what we would be getting into, entering this industry. However, as time passes, these things slowly becomes a type of pressure. When we want to explain, we also feel there is no need to explain. We want to retort, but we also don't want to stir things up and create a new story, but keeping silent also only hurts ourselves and we get accused for misunderstandings. We've tried to hold on and fight the challenge we were given, but we can only blame our hearts for not being as strong as its appearance, nor was our love as strong as we thought it was. So we have decided to separate in the most harmonious way, and we give the sincerest blessings to one another to continue heading towards our dreams, and at the same time, letting this relationship end with the most beautiful memories. We plead that everyone stop the hurting, stop the concern outside of our work, and stop the never-ending guesses and hatred. Please give us the space to work and live happily, and to feel the greatness this world brings us."

After the announcement was posted, in a very short time, ten thousands of people had already seen it. Most fans left messages expressing what a shame it is. A fan said that both are so popular, they should use their time while they are still young to work hard, so maybe separating is a good thing. However, there were also a small amount of people that felt differently, saying they didn't support this couple from the beginning, and should have broken up long ago. There were also fans that said from when they announced their relationship to the break up now, the two rarely showed off any affection for each other. Being in a such a hard relationship, might as well separate early. Some also accused William Chan of wanting to break up after getting famous, and felt bad for Charlene.

Hm...never knew they were together but so sad now. Ah sa is so cute though.

what a pity that they broke up, but best wishes to them both and hope they find the right person in the future.

i am not surprised..didn't think they would last from when they started dating. i think william was too young to be in a serious relationship.

If a couple is not suitable to each other

than give each a change to find a better one.

This is sad to hear... I guess with William's career taking off in mainland he doesn't want to tied down in a relationship. I hope Charlene can find happiness which is most important.

Sucks that their relationship ended and a big part of the break up had to do with the public's opinion.

Good for Charlene Choi...She deserved a better guy than William Chan...Im pretty sure ah Sa will find her true love very soon...

I would respect their choices. It's unfortunate that we only focus on their love lives and not their talents...making it hard for them to feel comfortable to seek a personal life.

funny how when people are famous, fans somehow feel they own the celebrity. That they should somehow have a say in their relationship. You are just a fan. Not a family member.

That's the price of fame. Can't have a normal life since your life is under a microscope wherever you go.

I liked them together much more than I liked Charlene being with Ronald. That said, I do not think that one having much more fame than the other as an excuse to say they don't match. I usually look to age, personality, etc. I thought William had a slight playboy feel to him (not that he was ever pictured with a bunch of other girls, just that he felt a little like wannabe-chok type). Still, Charlene has a playful, perky nature, and I thought they meshed well. I follow both of them on Instagram and not once have I seen them post anything about the other or even taking a picture together.

I watch some mainland drama, and I saw that William was getting popular. I would not say he is more popular than Charlene, but he is getting more exposure. However, their time apart and lack of posts are what made me feel that they didn't really care for each other or that they were still together. I assumed they had broken up. Charlene needs to learn how to manage her relationships with the media, and I don't think she has. With Ronald, she kept it a complete secret, and that really killed it for her fans. So she announced this relationship, but then went on the down low. Artists need their privacy, that is a given. However, humans are curious by nature. You need to give a little more in order to satisfy that curiosity so that they do not pry further. Critical comments of their relationship aside, of course people would make assumptions about their relationship when they don't hear anything.

In the end, as a fan of Charlene, I think I am angry that I never get to hear anything about her relationship. You may think I'm being nosy, but I just want to see her being happy with her significant other. This would make me want to support them more. And I think more support from fans of their relationship would have only helped them in maintaining it. But at some point, I became indifferent. At this point, I don't really care that they broke up.

No surprise. Didn't think they are actually dating at all. It's EEG's promotion strategy to let William to expose more.

I kinda knew this was going to happen since they never had any time to spend together but they made a good go of it. Also I like their breakup announcement it sounds sincere.

No surprise. Didn't think they are actually dating at all. It's EEG's promotion strategy to let William to expose more.

Actually, back then, a lot of people also speculated that it was just EEG's strategy for that AND to fix Charlene's rep after her secret marriage and divorce with Ronald.

That is so sad. Five years and still come to an end. All the best for the both of them

William and Ah Sa were a beautiful couple. Hope they will find happiness again with someone else.

i didnt think their relationship was in the spotlight but all the best for your future!

That is just really too bad. Hopefully both of them can find their true love.

I heard a rumor long time ago that they had departed. This news is official.

five years is long especially for people working in the entertainment industry... thought they gonna last but it seem that william gaingained more popular and dump charlene... of course outsider don't know anything

Relationships are hard, and even worse when they have to justify everything to their fans. It's their private life. It's sad that they have to explain everything to people who aren't involved.