Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

William Chan and Charlene Choi announce the end of their five year relationship

131 posts in this topic

Source: on.cc

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

mkgdj5.jpg

2hojjv7.jpg

jtmg74.jpg

William Chan and Charlene Choi announce the end of their five year relationship

Ever since Charlene Choi and William Chan went public with their relationship, the lives of the two were always in the spotlight. In the beginning, the relationship was not widely supported because "the woman was above the man" (as Charlene's career was much more successful). However, ever since William Chan started to develop his career in Mainland China, his popularity shot up sky high after the ancient drama "Swords of Legend". The voices from outsiders immediately changed and felt that William's popularity has even went above Charlene's. In addition to being apart all the time, rumours of the two breaking up were often reported, but the couple had always denied it.

Last night after midnight, William Chan and Charlene Choi both posted a paragraph on Weibo, confessing about the two's relationship. In the end, they expressed that they have mutually decided to break up harmoniously, and hope that everyone can give them enough space to live their lives and work; officially announcing the end of their 5 year relationship.

Their announcement read: "Every artist hopes that their hard work can be recognized, but often, the spotlight ends up being focused on our love lives. We can only tell ourselves that we knew what we would be getting into, entering this industry. However, as time passes, these things slowly becomes a type of pressure. When we want to explain, we also feel there is no need to explain. We want to retort, but we also don't want to stir things up and create a new story, but keeping silent also only hurts ourselves and we get accused for misunderstandings. We've tried to hold on and fight the challenge we were given, but we can only blame our hearts for not being as strong as its appearance, nor was our love as strong as we thought it was. So we have decided to separate in the most harmonious way, and we give the sincerest blessings to one another to continue heading towards our dreams, and at the same time, letting this relationship end with the most beautiful memories. We plead that everyone stop the hurting, stop the concern outside of our work, and stop the never-ending guesses and hatred. Please give us the space to work and live happily, and to feel the greatness this world brings us."

After the announcement was posted, in a very short time, ten thousands of people had already seen it. Most fans left messages expressing what a shame it is. A fan said that both are so popular, they should use their time while they are still young to work hard, so maybe separating is a good thing. However, there were also a small amount of people that felt differently, saying they didn't support this couple from the beginning, and should have broken up long ago. There were also fans that said from when they announced their relationship to the break up now, the two rarely showed off any affection for each other. Being in a such a hard relationship, might as well separate early. Some also accused William Chan of wanting to break up after getting famous, and felt bad for Charlene.

that is really too bad. five years is a long time but being apart for so long is hard on the couple and all of the pressure from being famous and in the spotlight all of the time must cause alot of stress

I feel so bad for them, i thought their relationship would last long. Ah sa is no longer young, i really hope she could find someone as soon as possible :(

interesting...never knew they were together haha, im sure each will find their significant others in the future

they are break up already, now I am chance to court Charlene Choi

Wow. never know she had been in a relationship for so long. hope she could find a better one

Kind of feel sad they broke up. I hope they both find their happiness though!

Too bad they broke up, they were cute together.

Hope they'll find their own happiness.

Oh WELL five year relationship so long...... Hope Charlene Choi could find a better one in the future!

too bad.

let them move on people. :)

Good luck to both

That is really too bad. Hope they find their own happiness.

I feel bad for the both of them..they seemed like a cute couple despite the mismatch in popularity in the beginning

awww so sad for their relationship. 5 yrs is a long time to be together. wish them the best

it's sad that they broke up after 5 years. but wish them the best.

It is sad to hear that they ended their relationship. I hope they both will find their true other half soon.

Five years is such a long time, wishing them the best in their futures!

it is not a surprise if they both are too busy to see each other

Awnn.... That's so sad that they decided to break up.... Hope the best for them and hope they will find their soulmate soon.

I really feel sad for them. After 5 years, they break up. Wish them the best in the future and Ah Sa will find her soulmate soon.

Aw I'm really sad for them - although I'm not a fan of William. Charlene is a great and talented artist! Hope she finds true love!

nothing surprised! one is very rich and the guy is young and just starting to earn half the cash. money does not match