Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Bobby Au-Yeung opens new branch for his restaurant with a 7 figure sum

69 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun / HK Channel

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

23motc.jpg

Bobby Au-Yeung opens new branch for his restaurant with a 7 figure sum

Bobby Au-Yeung's restaurant held its new branch grand opening yesterday in Causeway Bay. Good friends such as Michael Tao, Joey Meng, Louis Yuen, Kiki Cheung, Stephen Hyunh, etc. appeared to give their congratulations. Bobby's wife was also present to support. He said: "This is already the third branch. We invested a 7 figure sum. We had a soft opening for half a month, it's full every night! (Did you follow the news about TVB requiring their artistes to sign long contracts?) I film 1 or 2 every year, no use signing me for 20 years! Who knows what will happen tomorrow! Touchwood, haha! (Pageant contestants act without taking acting classes?) A while back, the birth rates in Hong Kong were quite low. Of course they need more people now! Trying earlier is good too, developing the potential of the young ones is my responsibility too."

Michael Tao revealed that he withdrew from the business already: "I felt that I was only getting the money, didn't contribute anything! I'll just go back to acting! At the end of October, I will film a police crime drama invested by Japan and Malaysia. The cast includes Jessica Hsuan, Lawrence Ng and some other Japanese actors." As for Joey Meng, she was asked whether she would invest in the restaurant? She responded: "No! Bobby is doing big business, not suitable for me! My husband and I both aren't business people. (TVB is requiring artistes to sign long-term contracts?) Doesn't include me. We sign per-series contracts. We're used to freedom!" She also revealed that she has signed a per-series contract with TVB already and will film a drama with Roger Kwok at the end of the year.

Wow! congratulations! When I visit Hong Kong, I'll make sure to make a stop and visit!!

Hhaha All the best for bobby, such a funny guy. Shame do not see much of him nowadays!

bobby likes to eat so opening restaurants makes sense for him. Need long term contracts to have time to develop new stars with little experience

I think it is not a bad idea for artistes to have their own businesses for extra income. Congrats to Bobby. He looks really happy.

how I wish I could see michael n bobby in a drama series again...the last one is shine on you with kenix

Good old Bobby!!! Haven't seen him on screen for a while..guess he is busy doing business

Congrats to Bobby! Seems like lots of TVB artist opens or invests in a lot of businesses of food and beauty. Also good to know we can expect to see Bobby in at least one series each year.

congrats to bobby. haven't heard much about michael tao but good to know he's doing well

Wow !!!!!! Congratulations to Bobby!!!! I knew he owns a great restaurant and so happy for him to own more lol!!!! I hope he still appears on tvb once in awhile!!! 😍😍

Congratulations to Bobby, he looks really happy. All the best to him.

Congrats!! I definitely will check it out when I'm in Hong Kong.

Its pretty common for artists to create their own business to ensure their future income. Use the money to make more money and beside that they don't need to hire celebrity to advertise.

Third branch already! The food must be nice then. Will drop by in my next visit

7 digit sum and third branch wow, congrats to bobby

TVB need long term contract is because their actors/actresses are leaving them to mainland!

congrats on third branch. bobby's good in business as in his acting.

Have not seen Bobby in a series for a long time. Good for him to focus on his business. Wish him all the success!

congrats to bobby! can't wait to see michael in a series again

Congratulations Bobby! So nice to see his friends coming out to support him

woo, good for him :) haven't seen him a any series for awhile,

I love to see Bobby act in another series. Haven't got the opportunity for a long time.

Edited by Atom333