Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Vincent Wong feels pressure being first male lead for the first time in upcoming drama "Brick Slaves"

95 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun / on.cc / MingPao

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

29cmkg7.jpg

105zds6.jpg

2v84l5l.jpg

Vincent Wong feels pressure being first male lead for the first time in upcoming drama "Brick Slaves"

Vincent Wong, Selena Lee, Eliza Sam, etc. attended promotional event for TVB's upcoming drama "Brick Slaves" in Tsim Sha Tsui yesterday. Female lead, Selena Lee denied the rumours of diminishing her workload to prepare for marriage. She laughed: "All the reports of me diminishing my drama load to wait for marriage are fake! I only film one to two dramas for TVB every year already. If I diminish anymore, I won't have any work left! Don't listen to the rumours!" She also expressed that she went to Singapore to film an English sitcom earlier this year, and greatly praised the environment there: "There's a driver for going to work and leaving work! The food there is good! (Considered immigrating there?) Haven't thought about it. The food is too good! After I came back, I gained weight up to 56kg! Need to exercise more now."

Haven't thought of marriage

About her gaining weight, does her boyfriend care? Selena stated that thankfully, her face is slim, so it is not too obvious. She also expressed that she hasn't thought of marriage yet, and wants to focus on her career recently: "These few years I have the motivation to focus on my career. So don't listen to the rumours! Don't diminish my load, I want to increase it!" Selena, who already has property in Hong Kong, admitted that she hopes to move or buy another property, and believes that the Hong Kong real estate market won't drop too dramatically. As for whether she and her boyfriend will buy property together? She replied: "I'll do it myself, the feeling of accomplishment is bigger."

Myolie Wu's boyfriend Phil has had rumours with her before, asked if she heard of the two's marriage news? She said: "Never heard about marriage, but I know they are together. They are both my good friends, I am very happy for them! They are a match made in heaven! Phil and I were only rumours, so don't pull me, a nobody, inside (their news)! Give them some space and let them be happy. "

Pressure first time being male lead

As for Vincent Wong, this drama is his first time being the first male lead. He admitted that he has some pressure and is quite nervous, worried that the audience won't accept (him). Asked if his three year old daughter can recognize him on television? He said: "She saw the promotional clips and said: 'That looks so much like Daddy!' Then Yoyo told her: 'It is Daddy!'" As for Eliza Sam, although she hasn't bought any property yet, but her target is to buy property in both Canada and Hong Kong. She said: "Hope to buy a three bedroom; one for clothes, and another for my family. The air needs to be good too!"

Brick Slaves will be airing this coming Monday, August 3rd at 8:30pm. The drama stars Vincent Wong, Selena Lee, Eliza Sam, Evergreen Mak, Rachel Kan, Toby Chan, C-Kwan@FAMA, Matthew Ho. The drama revolves around the real estate market and the tough time Hong Kong citizens have with housing due to high property costs.

Excited to see Vincent in his first lead role! He's a great actor!

Selena is sooo pretty! And go Vincent, you can do it! woot!

Cant wait to see his new role in this movie this time........hope to see more new role in the near future!

I have always liked Vincent. He is versatile and does well as baddies, comedy roles, etc. it is high time that tvb recognizes his talent and gives him a first male lead role. Hope this is the first of many such roles to come. Jia you, Vincent!

Yeah!! I am so looking forward to watch this series! It has a great cast and its on a very realistic topic of HK people's lives.

It also great to see Vincent and Selena as the main leads!! :75:

yay! very excited to see him as a lead. i really enjoy his dramas :D

don't worry so much Vincent! good on you to step up. I will be watch brick slaves and see you great you are.

He finally gets to be the lead character. Congrats! It should've happened a while ago.

Its a great achievement for Raymond to be the lead for the first time. Congrats to him.

congrats and well done to vincent wong on his first main role, watching the tvb series and so far hes doing pretty well, hope for him to have more opportunities to have more main lead roles in the future

Now that the drama is done, I definitely think Vincent did a very good job in his role! Hopefully, TVB will give him more opportunity in lead roles...

OMG!!! where are all the actors in TVB!!!!! TVB really need to buck up

congrats to vincent !

i kinda like his acting and now his turn is here ..

didnt even watch first episode ...

cant wait to see this

looks good

glad to hear selina isn't decreasing her work load. hope tvb promotes her more!

vincent was really good as lead! his and selena's characters were really good - hope he gets more lead roles!

Not bad seeing his first lead role and as far as TVB dramas go, with a new theme each time, the formula in each drama is just the same, so seeing Vincent in a lead role is refreshing for a start.

this series isnt bad. Pretty funny, and love Selena's role.

His acting is quite good. I like Selena too. But dont really like this drama.

Enjoyed watching this series very much.. Vincent did a good job in this drama! well done :)

this drama was actually ok. it was better than some of the dramas lately, so congrats to him!