Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Myolie Wu's contract with TVB officially ended; Opening a wedding dress shop next month?

102 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

1zgtjyq.jpg

Myolie Wu's contract with TVB officially ended; Opening a wedding dress shop next month?

Myolie Wu's contract with TVB has officially ended, after 16 years of working with the company. In 1999, Myolie Wu won second runner up in the Miss Hong Kong Pageant and officially entered the entertainment industry. That was 16 years ago. In the past year, there have been rumours that she will not renew her contract after the contract ends this year, and there was also news reporting that she will sign a 3 year contract with Stephen Shiu for 20 million. At the same time, there are also rumours that she will get married with her finance professional boyfriend, Phil at the end of the year.

According to sources, Myolie has a thought out plan already. After her contract with TVB ends, she will open a wedding dress shop in Tsim Sha Tsui next month to experience being a "boss". At the same time, this will help her prepare for the "rumoured" marriage at the end of the year.

About becoming a boss soon, Myolie replied through SMS: "Sorry, nothing to announce for now. (Won't renew contract with TVB and sign contract with Stephen Shiu instead?) Sorry everyone, my contract has indeed ended. My emotions are very complicated right now, and I miss it. However, I have nothing I can announce for now. Because the Mainland drama (I'm filming) is ending soon, so I will see everyone when I return to Hong Kong. Thank you for your concern." She also posted on her social media account: "Back to Reality." According to sources, she will return to Hong Kong at the end of the month.

Virginia Lok has confidence to keep Myolie

About the rumours of Myolie singing under Stephen Shiu, Stephen replied: "At this moment, I have nothing I can say. Everything will be known at the suitable timing." TVB's Virginia Lok expressed: "It's not officially until she says it. Actually, TVB and Shaw Brothers produce movies also! But it is true that a few companies are talking with her, TVB is one of them. We've cooperated with Myolie for so many years, so we are concerned about what her future plans are. Female artistes have to marry eventually, she met a good boyfriend at the right timing. (Contract renewal?) Friends want to give her space to consider, I also set a date to discuss with her (about it), I have confidence."

Earlier, Myolie accepted an interview from Mainland China media, and expressed that she will go through a big change this year. She hopes to slow down her lifestyle and explore the outside world and relax. She also stated that she has reached a stage where she wants to experience different things, so she will not renew her contract for now. She thanks all the producers that have helped her, the directors that scolded her. She is very grateful for TVB for giving her everything she has now, and admitted that TVB has been actively discussing a contract renewal with her.

its too bad, we will miss myolie. yet another void that TVB won't be able to fill

another actress not renewing with TVB, TVB is losing a lot of good actors/actresses but good news to new or under recognized actors/actresses for them to have more opportunities in leading roles.

her movies is good, hopes to see more her movie. Congratulate her for being boss.

I was hoping bosco and myolie would get back together :( i do look forward to her future projects. After so many years at the station she is probably looking for something new and and exciting to do with her life.

Myolie Wu is leaving TVB? Her dress shop is going to be...expeeeeeeeeeeeeeensive...lol

Congrats to Myolie Wu...Wish her all the success in her new venture.

Best of luck Myolie, gonna miss you on television.

wow can't believe myolie has already been in the industry for 16 years. i hope we still get to see her on screen even tho her contract with tvb ended!

hope she will signed short term contract with tvb, I like her acting and not bad at all though ....

Good for her, maybe now she can get decent contract with other agents. Tvb slavery conrract

Hate to see her move into other company, she's the face of TVB and drama will not be the same without being in them for a while.

o wow.. lol seems like not long ago since she dated Bosco. How time flies!! haha wish her all the best in her new career whether it be to continue acting or not. Also.. time to tie the knot with the new bf Phil :) looks like time to settle down.

Sad to hear that Myolie is leaving TVB, but wish her success in her business.

Myolie's series...Every step you take is awful! Don't know why she accepted this series. Poor story. Couldn't even finish the second episode. Gave up

Good luck to her, she should go to mainland, i think she suits more at china series

i honesty think she should quit and open her own business because she been in the industry so long

oh no! currently watching her new drama! she portray her character well so sad to see her go!! She look amazing in the pic

this is sad. will miss myolie if she doesn't sign with TVB. every popular artist will leave TVB eventually.