Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Myolie Wu's contract with TVB officially ended; Opening a wedding dress shop next month?

102 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

1zgtjyq.jpg

Myolie Wu's contract with TVB officially ended; Opening a wedding dress shop next month?

Myolie Wu's contract with TVB has officially ended, after 16 years of working with the company. In 1999, Myolie Wu won second runner up in the Miss Hong Kong Pageant and officially entered the entertainment industry. That was 16 years ago. In the past year, there have been rumours that she will not renew her contract after the contract ends this year, and there was also news reporting that she will sign a 3 year contract with Stephen Shiu for 20 million. At the same time, there are also rumours that she will get married with her finance professional boyfriend, Phil at the end of the year.

According to sources, Myolie has a thought out plan already. After her contract with TVB ends, she will open a wedding dress shop in Tsim Sha Tsui next month to experience being a "boss". At the same time, this will help her prepare for the "rumoured" marriage at the end of the year.

About becoming a boss soon, Myolie replied through SMS: "Sorry, nothing to announce for now. (Won't renew contract with TVB and sign contract with Stephen Shiu instead?) Sorry everyone, my contract has indeed ended. My emotions are very complicated right now, and I miss it. However, I have nothing I can announce for now. Because the Mainland drama (I'm filming) is ending soon, so I will see everyone when I return to Hong Kong. Thank you for your concern." She also posted on her social media account: "Back to Reality." According to sources, she will return to Hong Kong at the end of the month.

Virginia Lok has confidence to keep Myolie

About the rumours of Myolie singing under Stephen Shiu, Stephen replied: "At this moment, I have nothing I can say. Everything will be known at the suitable timing." TVB's Virginia Lok expressed: "It's not officially until she says it. Actually, TVB and Shaw Brothers produce movies also! But it is true that a few companies are talking with her, TVB is one of them. We've cooperated with Myolie for so many years, so we are concerned about what her future plans are. Female artistes have to marry eventually, she met a good boyfriend at the right timing. (Contract renewal?) Friends want to give her space to consider, I also set a date to discuss with her (about it), I have confidence."

Earlier, Myolie accepted an interview from Mainland China media, and expressed that she will go through a big change this year. She hopes to slow down her lifestyle and explore the outside world and relax. She also stated that she has reached a stage where she wants to experience different things, so she will not renew her contract for now. She thanks all the producers that have helped her, the directors that scolded her. She is very grateful for TVB for giving her everything she has now, and admitted that TVB has been actively discussing a contract renewal with her.

Feels like just yesterday that she was still dating Bosco and now she's getting married to that Phil guy!

really going to miss myolie but lately i haven't liked much of tvb dramas and i didn't like the storyline for ghetto justice but she does well is comedic roles. good luck

Good luck to her future endeavors. Really going to miss watching her in series.

Oh my god! That so sad! She has grown to be one of the greatest actress. I love her movies. That's TVB's loss for not keeping her.

congratssss myolie!!

wish her all the best in future and be happy with her new path!

guess tvb cant keep the good actresses and actors, because their story suck?!

have a good long rest myolie, you have been working for many many years, go travel around the world and to experience life more

That's the best timing for her to get some leverage and bargain a well-paid contract renewal. Especially when we consider what actresses are left at TVB that could actually play main roles.

Good luck to Myolie -- so many rumours, wonder which one is actually true.

Good luck to mollies, support you always. all the best.

It's better to leave on a high note. Not every TVB actor and actress stays with the company forever. 16 years is a long time. If she returns, great. If not, kudos to her. Whatever the case is, I hope Myolie has continue success in her future.

Wishing Myolie all the best and good luck to her in future.

she be back one day to sign a contract. maybe it'll be a good one.

all the good actors/actress are leaving! well, i guess it's a good thing for them in the long run

Oh no. I hope she comes back or at least films a few series every now and then. Just finished watching Lady Sour and thought it was hilarious!

good luck to her, but I think that's a very competitive business.

well Good Luck to Myolie. It is always scary to start new phases in life. so i wish her all the best in her future. but i will miss her on TV.

i hope she find the right path and does what makes her happy

aww is she really leaving TVB ??

man so many good actors leaving !!!

hope she she can work with some dont have to many

Thats not good at all. Looks like TVB are now very thin with their resources.