Followers 0
sh33pymd

Dump truck gives BMW a mud bath

16 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsigh

Youtube: Appledaily

1098011_52b4125fd2184f29818f2652daac0902-692x360.jpg

0715-00407-053b3.jpg0715-00407-053b4.jpg

A BMW saloon car got an unexpected mud bath when a dump truck jerked to a sudden stop behind it and spilled its payload. The driver walked away unhurt but his car was covered in mud, according to Apple Daily.

The incident happened shortly after 8 a.m. on Tuesday in Jordan Road, Yau Ma Tei, after the BMW driver had brought his daughter to the Diocesan Girls Junior School. He said he was waiting for the traffic light to change when the truck came to a screeching halt close behind. The impact sent mud sailing from the truck’s open bed over the cabin and onto the street, some of it ending up on the BMW. The incident forced the closure of a section of Jordan Road for nearly two hours, causing a traffic jam.

A team from the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department arrived to clear the road and help clean the vehicle. A police spokesman said the truck driver, who was headed for the Tseung Kwan O landfill, failed to stop from a safe distance. No arrests were made. The driver of the BMW, which was slightly damaged, agreed to a compensation offer from the truck driver.

The truck must have been either very overloaded and / or had to brake very quickly and sharply in order to cause such a wide spray of mud to the BMW in front and to the surrounding area as shown in the photo. I am pleasantly supprised that the matter seems to have been settled so peacefully with the BMW driver accepting compensation without the current trend and culture to "sue" for any little tiny matter. Its good that they didnt make a mountain out of a mud spill :happy: :happy: :D

was that a dump truck or a dung truck. If the second then i'm not getting anywhere close to the BMW :xrofl:

The truck driver should have been ordered to clean the car with a toothbrush :D

I'm a little surprised, as I would have expected a cover of sorts on the truck. In the end a good rinse and the car will fine. Maybe the owner's ego took a bit of hit, oh well.

Wow, I think lots of repainting works need to be done for the BMW instead.

Some BMW drivers in the UK could do with some muk over their ego's. On a serious note glad there was no harm done to the father and the daughter.

i am surprise. i thought they would have cover the back of the truck with a tarp to prevent accident like this. the diver of the bmw is in for one heck of a clean up

ewwwww that look so dirty... glad everyone is Ok though.. truck driver need to drive more safely.

i would be very upset if that was my car. the mud probably gave the car a bad paint scratch.

Fortunately, the content of the dump truck was only mud and not rock or heavy metal ... luckily, both the driver and his BMW (after cleaning up) suffer no potential physical damage. The dump truck driver needs to be more careful and stop from a safe distance after this incident.

that is one ugly BMW, too bad his sun roof wasnt open.

that is one ugly BMW, too bad his sun roof wasnt open.

Yeah, the newer model BMW are much to look at. I prefer the late 1990 - early 2000 BMWs they looked much better. I'm glad that the driver and his kid weren't hurt though!

so sad....I glad everyone is okey lucky no one get hurt.....truck driver need to drive more safely!

that bmw just needs a good washing now, good thing no one was hurt

lmao what a nice BMW now. just give it a nice bath yourself and its good

that is not good. I feel sorry for this guy. there is really nothing the police can do. I am not sure the police would charge the dump truck driver.