Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"The Empress of China" finale peaks at 37 PTS; First place in ratings for the year so far

116 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

s2zl09.jpg

"The Empress of China" finale peaks at 37 PTS; First place in ratings for the year so far

The night before, the finale of "The Empress of China", starring Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee, was broadcasted in Hong Kong. The ratings claimed success, peaking at 37 PTS and averaged at 33 PTS! The two leads expressed their gratification, Aarif responded: "Thank you so much to the Hong Kong audience for supporting our drama. Hope I will have more productions to bring to the Hong Kong audience again." And yesterday, when he and Joey were in Mainland to promote their Chinese variety show, they excitedly sang "The Empress of China" theme song (sung by Joey Yung) to celebrate. Apparently, the good ratings are on par with the successful "Triumph in the Skies II" in 2013. "The Empress of China" now holds the top place in ratings of all the dramas this year. As for the complaints that the Hong Kong version's cutting (of the drama) does not link up the plot well enough, TVB's Communications Deputy Director, Tsang Sing Ming replied: "Actually, the version that we were given is just like that. We did not cut anything at all, and even inserted some flashback scenes." TVB also plans to release a BluRay set of the drama for fans to collect. More details will be announced later.

"Brick Slaves" will resonate with the audience

TVB originally planned to broadcast "The Misadventure of Zoo" after "The Master of Destiny" in August. However, considering that the 75 episode "The Empress of China" has just finished airing, they are worried that the audience may be a bit tired of ancient dramas for now, so instead, TVB has decided to release the drama "Brick Slaves", starring Vincent Wong, Selena Lee and Eliza Sam. The story of the drama revolves around the problems of the real estate market in Hong Kong, which will resonate with the audience quite well.

"Brick Slaves" will air on August 3rd.

very nice clothing and scenery but a very long series.

i really enjoyed this drama...but it was a bit too long!

can't wait to watch the rest of this series. I'm only half way through and it's already so good. I am glad it has such high ratings - they deserve it.

This was a great series and really nicely dubbed! Glad that they got good ratings!

definitely worthy of such a high ranking definitely worth watching for those that have not watched it yet

this is a very good show, very impressed. but wish the episodes would come faster

wow? so high ratings.. don't bother to watch this drama when it was aired in Astro.. hmm.. shall I watch?

for such a high budget production, it better has a good rating..hahahaha

I wonder if Brick Slaves is a much weaker castings after such a dramatic series?

Glad the drama did well in the ratings, it was a great series and happy others thought it was too.

wow pretty rare these days for drama to reach that peak. probably time to start watching this.

The series is good but it 's toooo long. If they can cut it shorter, I believe it will be better. Anyway it finish.

never saw it, but nice to see that the show has success considering its budget

Too bad they covered all the good part of the show. It would at least give me some interest to watch it.

fan bin bing and those cuts scenes no godoood man wwww

I wonder if there has been a China serial that has got such a high rating If not this is a definite first and shld be worth a celebration China is definitely improving the quality of all things that it produces and it look like the film industry is going along the same path

this drama is way too long

and covering all the cleavages just removed all purposes for watching the drama!

wasnt that great drama, watched it when i was in china, average drama

Wow this rating is huge! I wonder if this will lead to more mainland production on tvb

this is one of the best China drama I ever watched even though it's so long..

This series is way too long..however Chinese series is always too long....still not happy about the dubbed voice so stopped watching halfway