Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"The Empress of China" finale peaks at 37 PTS; First place in ratings for the year so far

116 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

s2zl09.jpg

"The Empress of China" finale peaks at 37 PTS; First place in ratings for the year so far

The night before, the finale of "The Empress of China", starring Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee, was broadcasted in Hong Kong. The ratings claimed success, peaking at 37 PTS and averaged at 33 PTS! The two leads expressed their gratification, Aarif responded: "Thank you so much to the Hong Kong audience for supporting our drama. Hope I will have more productions to bring to the Hong Kong audience again." And yesterday, when he and Joey were in Mainland to promote their Chinese variety show, they excitedly sang "The Empress of China" theme song (sung by Joey Yung) to celebrate. Apparently, the good ratings are on par with the successful "Triumph in the Skies II" in 2013. "The Empress of China" now holds the top place in ratings of all the dramas this year. As for the complaints that the Hong Kong version's cutting (of the drama) does not link up the plot well enough, TVB's Communications Deputy Director, Tsang Sing Ming replied: "Actually, the version that we were given is just like that. We did not cut anything at all, and even inserted some flashback scenes." TVB also plans to release a BluRay set of the drama for fans to collect. More details will be announced later.

"Brick Slaves" will resonate with the audience

TVB originally planned to broadcast "The Misadventure of Zoo" after "The Master of Destiny" in August. However, considering that the 75 episode "The Empress of China" has just finished airing, they are worried that the audience may be a bit tired of ancient dramas for now, so instead, TVB has decided to release the drama "Brick Slaves", starring Vincent Wong, Selena Lee and Eliza Sam. The story of the drama revolves around the problems of the real estate market in Hong Kong, which will resonate with the audience quite well.

"Brick Slaves" will air on August 3rd.

Well that is a little sad. A mainland production got higher ratings on TVB than their own series.

maybe first place but not their series it is mainland. so they bought it for a price. if it was a bust ---- they would have gone crazy

Drama started pretty slow but started to pick up, good to see it has good ratings

Nice drama for TVB to air! Its about time that they produce some quality shows!

It was such a great drama. Never felt long at all ... Always waiting to see the next episode.

Very slow start initially...picks up after quite a few episodes

Bing Bing was really good in this series.

The popularity of this series has really surprised me. Hope TVB can take some positives from this and apply to their own productions.

Im sure TVB will have a hard time in replacing this drama with something as good.

This series was good! Really hope to see more dramas from the Fan Bing Bing as she is really an outstanding actress!

that was one long drama. it was all over the tv for the longest time.

i'm glad the series did well. i really enjoyed watching Fan Bing Bing's performance. Overall, i love ancient dramas and specfically the Empress Wu storyline.

If TVB broadcast similar productions then surely it will reach that target if not beyond.....

Yes, there were excuses that people catch up with dramas via MyTV, internet etc. rather than to be glued in front of the TV to watch first hand broadcasts.....Produce second hand productions to be watched second hand.....LOL! Hence, this would decrease ratings!

this was a great drama and i havent seen something like this from TVB in a long time. fan bing bing played her character really well

Interested in watching the original version without the dubbing

awesome ending I bet..time to go watch it .. thank you and the show is a must watch if people haven't started yet

ya! glad to hear the finale did so well! it was a very well done drama indeed

i know that tvb cut 10 episodes of the empress of china but still don't know what scenes they had cut

Weren't people complaining that they didn't want such a long series to air? lol But now it has the highest ratings out of all the series that aired this year. Anyways I hope that TVB's series pick up in ratings unlike how MoD is doing right now...

I am surprised with the high rating. Thought they didn't like this drama initially

I think this drama is not great, but just better than what TVB and ATV had to offer at the time.

Pretty decent storyline, but the five ending episodes seems to be shorten. Overall, the casts and series are very good.

i still havent started this series yet but seems like i need to start soon. they have such good ratings.