Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"The Empress of China" finale peaks at 37 PTS; First place in ratings for the year so far

116 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

s2zl09.jpg

"The Empress of China" finale peaks at 37 PTS; First place in ratings for the year so far

The night before, the finale of "The Empress of China", starring Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee, was broadcasted in Hong Kong. The ratings claimed success, peaking at 37 PTS and averaged at 33 PTS! The two leads expressed their gratification, Aarif responded: "Thank you so much to the Hong Kong audience for supporting our drama. Hope I will have more productions to bring to the Hong Kong audience again." And yesterday, when he and Joey were in Mainland to promote their Chinese variety show, they excitedly sang "The Empress of China" theme song (sung by Joey Yung) to celebrate. Apparently, the good ratings are on par with the successful "Triumph in the Skies II" in 2013. "The Empress of China" now holds the top place in ratings of all the dramas this year. As for the complaints that the Hong Kong version's cutting (of the drama) does not link up the plot well enough, TVB's Communications Deputy Director, Tsang Sing Ming replied: "Actually, the version that we were given is just like that. We did not cut anything at all, and even inserted some flashback scenes." TVB also plans to release a BluRay set of the drama for fans to collect. More details will be announced later.

"Brick Slaves" will resonate with the audience

TVB originally planned to broadcast "The Misadventure of Zoo" after "The Master of Destiny" in August. However, considering that the 75 episode "The Empress of China" has just finished airing, they are worried that the audience may be a bit tired of ancient dramas for now, so instead, TVB has decided to release the drama "Brick Slaves", starring Vincent Wong, Selena Lee and Eliza Sam. The story of the drama revolves around the problems of the real estate market in Hong Kong, which will resonate with the audience quite well.

"Brick Slaves" will air on August 3rd.

amazing! yeah this drama was really good! im so glad that they made it to the top! hope ther'es a tvb drama that can reach this high before the year ends!

Currently watching this drama. Its a bit slow right now through the 20-30s episodes . Hoping it will pick up soon since it started off so strong

really hoped they showed more of the empress during her rule rather than do a time skip and miss all of that epicness

this drama was long but it was pretty interesting. Fan bing bing is really goood! along with Aarif

congrats to this tv show for ranked the number 1 viewership in tvb this year. lets see if there are other competitor this year.

This drama was interesting. Glad that it got a high ratings.

So glad to hear this! The series started off slow, but picked up when Aarif became emperor. The ending was very touching.

I think a lot of people actually liked this drama so no surprise that it had such high ratings.

The plot was actually very interesting!

wow, I'm impressed with the ratings, glad to see something pick up.

Really good drama, I really loves the story and the actors!

since many said this drama is good, i will give it a shot. i haven't starting yet though but already dld, LOL

This totally deserved the best ratings of many years for TVB. I am sad that it is over and I am sad that TVB thinks that, well can't speak for others but me at least, would ever tire of ancient settings. After all, big productions that have more effort put in them tend to be ancient setting dramas. Sigh, I feel like the new drama that replaced the Empress of China is such a poor replacement.

hmm....the ending wasn't really as strong as the rest of the series, but overall, quite liked this series

So impressed with the ratings, nice serial of the year.

how i wish i could watch it now, hope it is really a worth to watch drama.

the highest ratings for this year is an oversea drama.

I am glad that they got a high score for their finale! I haven't watched this series yet but it seems like it's worth while to watch.

Very good drama and agree with some that they should have showed some of the empress' reign as she did an amazing job protecting the empire.

Happy to hear this drama got high marks. I'm still not done watching this drama.

lol Really high for a old time drama ................ but was no supires because they are onvest mil yaun...........but I really like to see a tvb drama about this queeen