Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"The Empress of China" records high ratings; Mall offers high price to organize a finale night

110 posts in this topic

Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

ibl6at.jpg

2r4osjd.jpg

"The Empress of China" records high ratings; Mall offers high price to organize a finale night

TVB's currently airing outsourced drama, "The Empress of China", starring Mainland actress Fan Bing Bing has peaked in ratings. The ratings for the drama on Tuesday night reached 32 PTS. Yesterday, TVB announced that the finale for the drama next month will be two hours long, and they have already sent a proposal to Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee, hoping to invite them to Hong Kong to support the finale event. One of the malls has expressed their willingness to be the venue for the finale broadcast event at a high price; however their only request is that the three leads, Fan Bing Bing, Jerry Li (both having recently announced their relationship) and Aarif Lee appear together. TVB believes the chance isn't very high, but they will try their best to schedule with the actors.

TVB's prime time dramas this week have recorded good results. On Monday night, sitcom "Come Home Love" recorded 26 PTS, peaking at 27 PTS, while new drama "Master of Destiny" had a good opening episode, recording 26 PTS and peaking at 29 PTS. As for "The Empress of China", the story is heading to its climax now, and the ratings are also rising with it. Both on Monday and Tuesday, the drama has broken its records. On Monday night, the drama recorded 29 PTS and peaked at 31 PTS. The day after, Tuesday's broadcast of Episode 57 recorded a new ratings record (for the drama), peaking at 32 PTS, with more than 2,040,000 viewers tuned in. It has become the episode with the highest rating so far since the broadcast of the drama. Yesterday, TVB Communications Deputy Director, Tsang Sing Ming led other TVB artistes such as Erin Wong, Katherine Ho, Lee Yee Man, etc. to promote the drama. At the event, he announced that the finale on the 12th of next month will be 2 hours.

At netizens' requests, TVB has already sent a proposal to leads, Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee to come to Hong Kong for the finale night. One of the malls would like to take advantage of the drama's success, and has approached TVB to organize a event for citizens to watch the finale together; even offering a good fee. However, the only condition is the request for Fan Bing Bing, Jerry Li and Aarif Lee to appear together. Tsang Sing Ming expressed that the chance is not very high: "They are so popular, and there are only two weeks until the finale. The time is very short, so it's not quite possible. Can only leave it to fate, but the mall's proposal is quite a good gimmick."

oh..love this series already com to the end so fast..

i hope this series will score high ratings for the finale.

meh, i can never get into hong kong dramas. These tv shows just never clicked with me.

I think this is indeed a good show and lots of viewers are enjoying it...That's good.

This series is really good!! I enjoyed it a lot and am not surprise that it got such high ratings.