Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"The Empress of China" records high ratings; Mall offers high price to organize a finale night

110 posts in this topic

Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

ibl6at.jpg

2r4osjd.jpg

"The Empress of China" records high ratings; Mall offers high price to organize a finale night

TVB's currently airing outsourced drama, "The Empress of China", starring Mainland actress Fan Bing Bing has peaked in ratings. The ratings for the drama on Tuesday night reached 32 PTS. Yesterday, TVB announced that the finale for the drama next month will be two hours long, and they have already sent a proposal to Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee, hoping to invite them to Hong Kong to support the finale event. One of the malls has expressed their willingness to be the venue for the finale broadcast event at a high price; however their only request is that the three leads, Fan Bing Bing, Jerry Li (both having recently announced their relationship) and Aarif Lee appear together. TVB believes the chance isn't very high, but they will try their best to schedule with the actors.

TVB's prime time dramas this week have recorded good results. On Monday night, sitcom "Come Home Love" recorded 26 PTS, peaking at 27 PTS, while new drama "Master of Destiny" had a good opening episode, recording 26 PTS and peaking at 29 PTS. As for "The Empress of China", the story is heading to its climax now, and the ratings are also rising with it. Both on Monday and Tuesday, the drama has broken its records. On Monday night, the drama recorded 29 PTS and peaked at 31 PTS. The day after, Tuesday's broadcast of Episode 57 recorded a new ratings record (for the drama), peaking at 32 PTS, with more than 2,040,000 viewers tuned in. It has become the episode with the highest rating so far since the broadcast of the drama. Yesterday, TVB Communications Deputy Director, Tsang Sing Ming led other TVB artistes such as Erin Wong, Katherine Ho, Lee Yee Man, etc. to promote the drama. At the event, he announced that the finale on the 12th of next month will be 2 hours.

At netizens' requests, TVB has already sent a proposal to leads, Fan Bing Bing and Aarif Lee to come to Hong Kong for the finale night. One of the malls would like to take advantage of the drama's success, and has approached TVB to organize a event for citizens to watch the finale together; even offering a good fee. However, the only condition is the request for Fan Bing Bing, Jerry Li and Aarif Lee to appear together. Tsang Sing Ming expressed that the chance is not very high: "They are so popular, and there are only two weeks until the finale. The time is very short, so it's not quite possible. Can only leave it to fate, but the mall's proposal is quite a good gimmick."

Wish the drama hits another high record in final episode.

Honest am not a great fan of mainland cast - that is why I have no watch this series and also don't really like Dynasty and Empress series.

Doesn't look like tVB have great series these year ?

this serie is quite good, but too long to watch and the actors are good too

Congrats to producers and the actors and actresses for a job well done and the high ratings. All in all it was an exciting and suspenceful series and I couldn't help but be mesmerized.

Nice drama .. no wonder all high rating .. I am also watching this .. its really nice

glad it is a successful series! I still have yet to watch it

Wow good for tvb, a series with high ratings is great news

32 is not bad. but seemed low compare to just a few years back

I still haven't watched this yet but hearing all the good review, I am excited to see it soon.

Wow first time a mainland drama aired in Hong Kong to receive such high ratings...

it is a good drama, dragged a lot in some parts but was enjoyable.

been following this series since ep 1, one of the better TVB series in my opinion since I'm usually not keen on dubbed series

wasn't planning on watching this, cause I'm not a fan of dubbed voices

I guess with the high ratings I'll give it a try

I personally think Bin Bin is beautiful, talented and act naturally in this drama.

it is a very long show - still haven't watch till the end but i think is great news!

Look like China series is making headway if the rating is so high Normally made in China series is not very good I actually did not watch this series but will do so now that the comment are so favourable

It is good to hear that this series is receiving a number of positive responses but what happened to high ratings being in the 30s? I remember that even the okay series back in the day hitting the 30s and the pretty good ones hitting 40s and really great ones peaking at 48

Fan Bing Bing is a very pretty girl. I like to watch all the films she acted. Among all the Chinese actresses, she is the most pretty one. I like her gentle behavior.

this looks like a pretty good show, gonna watch it :)

Ooooooh I started watching this but couldn't really get into it. May I should start over

The problem with this series is that quite a few actors and actresses voices has been dubbed which I hate. Really wanted to see this but the dubbing put me off and couldnt get into it