Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendy

Faye Wong’s daughter plans to debut in Japan

188 posts in this topic

Credit:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

leahdou01.jpg

Faye Wong’s daughter plans to debut in Japan

Chinese singer-songwriter Faye Wong’s 18-year-old daughter Leah Dou has set her eyes on breaking into the music scene.

It was reported on Sunday (June 7) that Leah plans to make her musical debut with the release of a self-produced and all-original English album in Japan at the end of the year.

Faye is very supportive of her daughter and suggested that she debut in Japan as she felt that Hong Kong fans might not be too receptive to her genre of music.

Faye, 45, has been on a hiatus since her last tour in 2010, but is said to be making a comeback in the latter half of the year. Another report claims that Leah will be performing on her mother’s comeback tour.

Leah has fortunately inherited her parents’ musical talents – her father being Chinese musician Dou Wei – and she often likes to share her music online. Last month, she uploaded a music video of her singing an original English song ‘Chimes’, in which she looked over-aged and her voice sounded particularly lower.

Netizens began to comment that she is starting to take the likeness of her mother and even their music styles are similar. They also said that the psychedelic and emotional music showcased her personality on a deeper level.

Hong Kong multi hyphenate Nicholas Tse sees potential in her and had once considered signing her to his company, but because Leah was aware of his and Faye’s complex relationship, she didn’t want the focus of her music debut to be diverted to her mother. In the end, she signed on with Faye’s agent, Chen Jiaying.

Wow, wonder if she will sound like her mother. Can't wait to hear her sing.

whoaaaa her daughter is already 18?!?!? time pass by so fast :O

Leah will have a great debut. Like her mother Faye, she probably will have a great voice like her.

Good luck. The picture looks like Faye. Faye is the best singer in my time and today, I cannot find anyone better. Pretty sad...

hmmm.. can't believe that Leah Dou is already 18 years old.. time flies..

good luck Leah Dou. I wish you well.

wow she have a 18 years old daughter .......

Hopefully her attitude is not as her mother

wow did not know Faye's has a grown daughter - at 18 years - wonder if mother and daughter will do a show together

I hope she cam make it, guess is tough in jp market

Very interested on her debut. Hope everything goes well for her.

If she sings as good as her mother, im sure she would be quiet successful

Looking forward to hearing her music, and wishing her the best of luck!

I hope her daughter single does well in Japan. can't wait to hear what she sound like .

Oh wow. Is she done with school? I heard her single before, not bad.

Wow...guess she's been influenced by her mother, since she grew up in the entertainment, music industry. The latest I heard was that she will debut in the UK. Good for her that she doesn't want to sign with Nic and complicate her career.

good luck to faye wong's daughter, hope that she will be able to do well with her debut in japan and her music career

I think this is a great plan for wong faye!!! with her the best to sing japanese songs!

It's gonna be a tough road for any children of celeb to make it...but like 100x more for someone in the Faye-Nic circle.

wish her the best for her career and hope to hear her music soon

Faye wong was one of the best female cantopop singer back then. we'll see if her daughter can do the same

Hope her daughter sounds amazing like her. Faye really has a one of a kind voice in Cantonese and Mandarin singing industry.

Good luck. Keep up the good job. Continue to sing more songs.