Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendy

Faye Wong’s daughter plans to debut in Japan

188 posts in this topic

Credit:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

leahdou01.jpg

Faye Wong’s daughter plans to debut in Japan

Chinese singer-songwriter Faye Wong’s 18-year-old daughter Leah Dou has set her eyes on breaking into the music scene.

It was reported on Sunday (June 7) that Leah plans to make her musical debut with the release of a self-produced and all-original English album in Japan at the end of the year.

Faye is very supportive of her daughter and suggested that she debut in Japan as she felt that Hong Kong fans might not be too receptive to her genre of music.

Faye, 45, has been on a hiatus since her last tour in 2010, but is said to be making a comeback in the latter half of the year. Another report claims that Leah will be performing on her mother’s comeback tour.

Leah has fortunately inherited her parents’ musical talents – her father being Chinese musician Dou Wei – and she often likes to share her music online. Last month, she uploaded a music video of her singing an original English song ‘Chimes’, in which she looked over-aged and her voice sounded particularly lower.

Netizens began to comment that she is starting to take the likeness of her mother and even their music styles are similar. They also said that the psychedelic and emotional music showcased her personality on a deeper level.

Hong Kong multi hyphenate Nicholas Tse sees potential in her and had once considered signing her to his company, but because Leah was aware of his and Faye’s complex relationship, she didn’t want the focus of her music debut to be diverted to her mother. In the end, she signed on with Faye’s agent, Chen Jiaying.

WOW~ !Her daughter is 18 yo already. I hope she will do well. Their genre is different to the mainstream Cantopop so no wonder they choose Japan to debut

time flies can't believe the daughter is already 18

she will get some interest just from her mom

wow daughter she looks very pretty :) hopefully she can be just like her mum

wow i'm sure she will be as good as her mother with such a good teacher by her side..

Her styles of singing looks so much like her mum and to certain extent denise ho.

hopes Lea Dou can make a new debut on her own, so she can show her ability to all the audience.

"Faye is very supportive of her daughter and suggested that she debut in Japan as she felt that Hong Kong fans might not be too receptive to her genre of music"

I wonder what type of music is going to be singing.

'Last month, she uploaded a music video of her singing an original English song ‘Chimes’, in which she looked over-aged and her voice sounded particularly lower.'

I gotta go look this up just to hear how she sounds. She might have more stuff uploaded since this one apparently doesn't showcase her talent.

good for her hope she can follow her mother faye is aswome singer

I can't believe her daughter is 18 already. Her mom is a great singer, hopefully she inherited some of her mom's genes.

with her relations, she would make it to to the industry sooner or later.

Edited by Saioh

Faye is one of the best singers...her daughter must be good under the influence of her mother. Can't wait for her debut.

good luck! it's not an easy path... wish it all goes well...

ooh! this will sound interesting! See if she will copy her mums style of music or go with her own original sound!

her daughter is 18 already? wow time sure flies.

i wonder if her style will be similar to her mum's... she was quite unique

Wish leah the best, it'll be interesting to hear her new album

I only saw one or two clips or her singing before but it was pretty decent

look forward to hearing her

I've heard her sing on youtube. She's actually pretty good. All the best to her, I can't wait to hear her album!

Omg time flies, her daughter already in the entertainment circle.

Looks as though she wants to follow her mother's foot steps. Just hope that her career isn't as complicated as Faye Wongs. I look forward to her music

Wow, like mom like daughter. Hopefully she is successful like her mom.

omg.... what?! her kid is 18 now? wow, time has flown....

now i'm interested in hearing her sing... =)