Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendy

Faye Wong’s daughter plans to debut in Japan

188 posts in this topic

Credit:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

leahdou01.jpg

Faye Wong’s daughter plans to debut in Japan

Chinese singer-songwriter Faye Wong’s 18-year-old daughter Leah Dou has set her eyes on breaking into the music scene.

It was reported on Sunday (June 7) that Leah plans to make her musical debut with the release of a self-produced and all-original English album in Japan at the end of the year.

Faye is very supportive of her daughter and suggested that she debut in Japan as she felt that Hong Kong fans might not be too receptive to her genre of music.

Faye, 45, has been on a hiatus since her last tour in 2010, but is said to be making a comeback in the latter half of the year. Another report claims that Leah will be performing on her mother’s comeback tour.

Leah has fortunately inherited her parents’ musical talents – her father being Chinese musician Dou Wei – and she often likes to share her music online. Last month, she uploaded a music video of her singing an original English song ‘Chimes’, in which she looked over-aged and her voice sounded particularly lower.

Netizens began to comment that she is starting to take the likeness of her mother and even their music styles are similar. They also said that the psychedelic and emotional music showcased her personality on a deeper level.

Hong Kong multi hyphenate Nicholas Tse sees potential in her and had once considered signing her to his company, but because Leah was aware of his and Faye’s complex relationship, she didn’t want the focus of her music debut to be diverted to her mother. In the end, she signed on with Faye’s agent, Chen Jiaying.

faye is one of the best singer out there, hope her daughter would do good with her debut!

good decision in not signing nic company....all the best to leah on her music career

wish her luck japan is a hard industry to get into ^^

hope she does well in japan. she will face a lot of challenges but i think but i think she can do well

Interested to hear her singing - looking forward to her deubt at the end of the year!

glad she's finally releasing an album! her voice is just great and soulful. can't wait!

wow, she (Faye Wong's daughter) can debut in Japan, let see how her singing will be.

wow!!! her daughter is already 18 years old? I don't remember faye giving birth so early around 28?

time flies and her daughter is so big alrdy..hope she can achieve in music industry

Interesting, debuting in Japan with an English album. I guess despite the Chinese market being able to pay well, she's going where the real music money maker is, good for her.

wow she has a daughter that old already and she breaking into the music industry liek her mother

hope she does well

good for her, but i think its unfair how famous people's children can had the easy way and make it big. while others have to work hard just to get notice.

talents run in her family.. congrats to leah dou on her upcoming debut..

hopefully her debut is genuine one, my expectation is to have the real talent rather depends on the background...

Faye Wong's daughter is 18yrs old?? How time flies. Singing gene runs in the family

Hope she will do well in Japan. All the best to her.

I can't believe Faye's daughter is 18 years old. Look forward to hearing her music.

wow, they sure grow up fast. as long as i could remember she was just a little girl. Can't wait to listen to her music. I'm sure her mom has taught her well.

her daughter is a good singer, anyone heard her sing before??

How old is her daughter? I wonder if she will sound the same as her mother or as good as her mother.