Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

273 posts in this topic

Source: SkyPost / HKChannel

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

15e95zn.jpg

20acs9t.jpg

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

Last Wednesday, TVB announced that their sitcom "Come Home Love" will be "refreshed" and "repackaged". The story of the Ma family members will fade out and instead, Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, etc. will join the cast and the main storyline will be changed to revolve around a fitness center and a marine food products shop.

The new "Come Home Love" series will officially start airing on July 6th; however TVB has decided to change everything up entirely. Lau Dan, Chris Lai, Tsui Wing, Florence Kwok and all the Ma family members do not get to stay in the cast. Replacing them will be Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, James Ng, Evergreen Mak, Katy Kung, etc. Actually, last month, there was news that the sitcom would finally come to an end and would be replaced with "Welcome to the House 2". In the end, TVB suddenly put a stop to the plan and decided to continue using the "Come Home Love" name to attract viewers. However, the old cast will be forced to fade out, angering many netizens.

Last week, a press conference was held for the renewal of "Come Home Love", announcing that Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong will be joining as a couple, playing yoga instructors. TVB Drama Production Director, Catherine Tsang emphasized that the new "Come Home Love" is only changing to revolve around another family's story. However, that day, Lau Dan led the group of old cast members and shouted: "I will be back!", seemingly saying goodbye to the audience. Florence Kwok was even touched to tears.

Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong expressed that they are honoured to join the new version of Come Home Love, but they also feel pressure. The two will play a co-habiting couple, who run a yoga fitness center. Because of this, the two also need to take some time to practice yoga. The Ma family will fade out and leave the cast, will the cast of "CLFLL Solicitors & Notaries" and "CLS Solicitors & Notaries" be able to stay? Griselda Yeung who plays "Ha Jeh" and Max Cheung who plays "Yim Kan" expressed: "We will probably be transferred over. Right now, it's called "Come Home Love 1". At the end, we will have a baby, then in "Come Home Love 2", our characters will be continued. We will be friends with Louis Cheung's character."

Priscilla Wong admits it will be hard to move the audience

The fact that TVB is selling the drama with the "Come Home Love" name but with entirely different content is hard for the audience to accept. Some have expressed that without the original Ma family members, the drama isn't "Come Home Love" anymore, and are worried that a "classic" drama will end up being rubbish. Some also criticized that the new cast members lack attractiveness.

On the other hand, some supported that "refreshing" the series is trying something new and anticipate the new blood (cast members). Last night, SkyPost contacted Priscilla Wong about the drama. Speaking of quite a few netizens refusing to accept the new cast, she said: "The Ma family has always been there. I understand that "Come Home Love" has been in everyone's hearts for many years, so it will be hard to move the audience. But I will work hard to do my best! I am also not worried that the audience will be against Louis and I playing a couple!"

I think the MA family should stay if they want to keep the same name. It would make more sense to change to name if they like to change the story. I hope the new story is good as the old one.

Will give the new cast a chance. Come home love is easy watch but did need refreshing!

tvb should not name it as come home love 2...without ma family it does not continue the spirit of the sitcom...

Time for a change. But I really liked the Ma family!! Oh well! We need to move on!

i like the originall come homelove - it has family and some office drama like best selling secrets..not liking this yoga teacher story line

It will be nice to get a new spin on Come Home Love! Hopefully the Ma family will still reappear in the sitcom

This seems a bit confusing.. If they are not re-using the same cast, I think they should just re-name the drama.

TVB should just have a new sitcom with a new title and cast instead. There is no point without the original Ma family.

thanks for sharing! this is amazing! i really like her! i wish they will cast her into more dramas! biggrin.gif she's beautiful!

i'm look forward to the new cast and storyline, is time for a change .

I feel like if they are changing the whole cast, they should just change the name...

WOW, What a mess! First it was a drag-on without new ideas for it to end, then trying to end it and replacing with another sitcom, now ending it with another/new storyboard yet using the same title. Be more decisive TVB! What's next?

better if they just do a whole new series instead for using the same old name

I never thought Come home love would be any good when it first started, but got hooked right away. I guess just got to give CHL2 a try.

Well, it will turn out to be a good one ...

Lots of people have high expectation for this drama ....

Yes indeed the sitcom should be a bit more fresh and resolve on a better story line - I do not know bu I sort of stop watching at abou 600+ series and lost interest

I was really hoping for the welcome to the house 2 series. I hope this new "come home love" will not be a disappointment.

they might as well change the whole title altogether. why bring in new casts and cast out old casts?? this is absurd.

if they changing the MA family why not just the whole name too of the sitcom do something new

geez that will not be come home love anymore!! will be another drama! cant they let the series finishes and start a new with the new casts?? weirdos..

what happens if the new cast doesn't show the same chemistry as the original cast. They should just end CHL and start a new sitcom. CHL will never be the same as CHL2 with new cast.