Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

273 posts in this topic

Source: SkyPost / HKChannel

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

15e95zn.jpg

20acs9t.jpg

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

Last Wednesday, TVB announced that their sitcom "Come Home Love" will be "refreshed" and "repackaged". The story of the Ma family members will fade out and instead, Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, etc. will join the cast and the main storyline will be changed to revolve around a fitness center and a marine food products shop.

The new "Come Home Love" series will officially start airing on July 6th; however TVB has decided to change everything up entirely. Lau Dan, Chris Lai, Tsui Wing, Florence Kwok and all the Ma family members do not get to stay in the cast. Replacing them will be Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, James Ng, Evergreen Mak, Katy Kung, etc. Actually, last month, there was news that the sitcom would finally come to an end and would be replaced with "Welcome to the House 2". In the end, TVB suddenly put a stop to the plan and decided to continue using the "Come Home Love" name to attract viewers. However, the old cast will be forced to fade out, angering many netizens.

Last week, a press conference was held for the renewal of "Come Home Love", announcing that Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong will be joining as a couple, playing yoga instructors. TVB Drama Production Director, Catherine Tsang emphasized that the new "Come Home Love" is only changing to revolve around another family's story. However, that day, Lau Dan led the group of old cast members and shouted: "I will be back!", seemingly saying goodbye to the audience. Florence Kwok was even touched to tears.

Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong expressed that they are honoured to join the new version of Come Home Love, but they also feel pressure. The two will play a co-habiting couple, who run a yoga fitness center. Because of this, the two also need to take some time to practice yoga. The Ma family will fade out and leave the cast, will the cast of "CLFLL Solicitors & Notaries" and "CLS Solicitors & Notaries" be able to stay? Griselda Yeung who plays "Ha Jeh" and Max Cheung who plays "Yim Kan" expressed: "We will probably be transferred over. Right now, it's called "Come Home Love 1". At the end, we will have a baby, then in "Come Home Love 2", our characters will be continued. We will be friends with Louis Cheung's character."

Priscilla Wong admits it will be hard to move the audience

The fact that TVB is selling the drama with the "Come Home Love" name but with entirely different content is hard for the audience to accept. Some have expressed that without the original Ma family members, the drama isn't "Come Home Love" anymore, and are worried that a "classic" drama will end up being rubbish. Some also criticized that the new cast members lack attractiveness.

On the other hand, some supported that "refreshing" the series is trying something new and anticipate the new blood (cast members). Last night, SkyPost contacted Priscilla Wong about the drama. Speaking of quite a few netizens refusing to accept the new cast, she said: "The Ma family has always been there. I understand that "Come Home Love" has been in everyone's hearts for many years, so it will be hard to move the audience. But I will work hard to do my best! I am also not worried that the audience will be against Louis and I playing a couple!"

why don't they just make a new show altogether? I hope it turns out well.

The series has been on for such a long time ... will be weird to see it go, I'm so used to watching the Ma family on a daily basis!

I thought it was going to be Eliza, I don't want to see Priscilla...so not a fan of hers...

Yeah, not a fan of Priscilla either. And not a fan of Louis Cheung also. It already started sucking when they stopped CLS Solicitors & Notaries. Now it's just terrible. I will stop watching as soon as they get rid of the Ma family characters.

If they are repackaged the series, why don't they just create a new series instead????? this really puzzles me??!

TVB doesn't have a good track record of sequels from a well loved series and keeping the name but replacing the whole cast is a bit strange. Wonder why they chose to keep Griselda and Max with the same roles. Also, will Katy continue with her current role in the sitcom or act like she never existed? How will their characters be like without their usually group of friends or will they not ever mention them?

Edited by darealtidus

what's the point in keeping the same name when the main cast will completely different? tvb should at least use another name

i am going to miss the series Come home love. Hope the new series will be as good as Come Home Love.

OOOO wow. but i like the current family and all the people in there. but i guess there needs to be some changes to this very long show.

It's gonna be so weird without the Ma family...it's not Come Home Love anymore so it's better if they just rename it and not have it as a sequel or spinoff. Nothing against the new leads, but after so many episodes with the Ma family, without them, it's no point calling it the same name.

Pretty much a big slap in the face to the current cast. Especially Lau Dan's face. Bad move by TVB.

if the ma family will be fade out then it is not the same... keep the title if you must b make sure its obvious that the stories will be different

not more louis cheng and more come home love - can't tvb do something refreshing for a change

Having watched the show for such a long time, the cast and the story of Come Home Love 1 have been deeply ingrained into viewers' hearts and minds so doing another show with a different storyline and a brand new cast but keeping the original name will definitely not sit right with the viewers. What a silly move!

If they change the cast, they should just change the name of the series. The series won't be the same without the Ma family.

What the heck? They should just end the series and start a new one. Was TVB to lazy to come up with new promotional material so they recycle to original CHL stuff? I feel it's just wrong and does the original cast disservice

Man, they just can't let this series go to rest, eh? Maybe it wil lbe good though...

They might as well change the name of the series. It is not going to be the same without the original cast. :(

Yeah, not a fan of Priscilla either. And not a fan of Louis Cheung also. It already started sucking when they stopped CLS Solicitors & Notaries. Now it's just terrible. I will stop watching as soon as they get rid of the Ma family characters.

Not a fan of both Priscilla and Louis either... they're both hard to look at. TVB really should have ended this series at least a hundred episodes ago with the same cast rather than extend it until it's messed up.

Maybe they should change the sitcom name to "Come Home Love 2" or something. Repacking isn't the problem but the audiences' expectations and affection for the original cast of Come Home Love, which has been airing for years.

Maybe they should have used the original cast and move them to ancient time and make it a period sitcom like virtue of harmony 1 then 2. Instead it would be a rewind to X dynasty.

will miss the ma family for sure, i dont think the show will be the same without the main casts.