Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

273 posts in this topic

Source: SkyPost / HKChannel

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

15e95zn.jpg

20acs9t.jpg

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

Last Wednesday, TVB announced that their sitcom "Come Home Love" will be "refreshed" and "repackaged". The story of the Ma family members will fade out and instead, Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, etc. will join the cast and the main storyline will be changed to revolve around a fitness center and a marine food products shop.

The new "Come Home Love" series will officially start airing on July 6th; however TVB has decided to change everything up entirely. Lau Dan, Chris Lai, Tsui Wing, Florence Kwok and all the Ma family members do not get to stay in the cast. Replacing them will be Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, James Ng, Evergreen Mak, Katy Kung, etc. Actually, last month, there was news that the sitcom would finally come to an end and would be replaced with "Welcome to the House 2". In the end, TVB suddenly put a stop to the plan and decided to continue using the "Come Home Love" name to attract viewers. However, the old cast will be forced to fade out, angering many netizens.

Last week, a press conference was held for the renewal of "Come Home Love", announcing that Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong will be joining as a couple, playing yoga instructors. TVB Drama Production Director, Catherine Tsang emphasized that the new "Come Home Love" is only changing to revolve around another family's story. However, that day, Lau Dan led the group of old cast members and shouted: "I will be back!", seemingly saying goodbye to the audience. Florence Kwok was even touched to tears.

Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong expressed that they are honoured to join the new version of Come Home Love, but they also feel pressure. The two will play a co-habiting couple, who run a yoga fitness center. Because of this, the two also need to take some time to practice yoga. The Ma family will fade out and leave the cast, will the cast of "CLFLL Solicitors & Notaries" and "CLS Solicitors & Notaries" be able to stay? Griselda Yeung who plays "Ha Jeh" and Max Cheung who plays "Yim Kan" expressed: "We will probably be transferred over. Right now, it's called "Come Home Love 1". At the end, we will have a baby, then in "Come Home Love 2", our characters will be continued. We will be friends with Louis Cheung's character."

Priscilla Wong admits it will be hard to move the audience

The fact that TVB is selling the drama with the "Come Home Love" name but with entirely different content is hard for the audience to accept. Some have expressed that without the original Ma family members, the drama isn't "Come Home Love" anymore, and are worried that a "classic" drama will end up being rubbish. Some also criticized that the new cast members lack attractiveness.

On the other hand, some supported that "refreshing" the series is trying something new and anticipate the new blood (cast members). Last night, SkyPost contacted Priscilla Wong about the drama. Speaking of quite a few netizens refusing to accept the new cast, she said: "The Ma family has always been there. I understand that "Come Home Love" has been in everyone's hearts for many years, so it will be hard to move the audience. But I will work hard to do my best! I am also not worried that the audience will be against Louis and I playing a couple!"

I hope they will still have some of the old casts back for Come Home Love 2! It was a great drama!

Why can't TVB just rebrand this series with a totally new name? It is drawing unnecessary comparison.

Repackaging a show right after it supposedly ends?! Sounds like TVB wants to make as much profit as they can on the "Come home love" name...

I want to know how the new cast will be. Hopefully the cast will be nice just like the old cast

that sounds like one of the stupidest things that TVB has ever done. you can't just phase out the main family cast, keep some of the side characters, add in new characters and just use the same name. I dont think that audience wants to watch it anymore.

I felt like Come Home Love was running out of story ideas, so why not just try to do a whole new sitcom? sure you can use a new cast, and new storyline, just call it something else. don't try to preserve some of the minor characters and still try to use the same name.

I also think this is a terrible mistake. I only continued watching this long sitcom because of the Ma family. They make the show funny and not boring to watch. If they are going to take out the Ma family completely, then just change the name. I don't know how many people will actually continue watching the show. I'm probably not going to.

low move... They're essentially airing a new story but want to keep the name to attract viewers. I think Come Home Love is getting old and should end. This new show might even be better. But they shouldn't have done it like this. This just doesn't sit right with me.

Hopefully the new storyline of Come Home Love will be as good as the original one.

they're are cute but, they have their own problems like any other people. people should not be qucik to judgeee

So they are continuing this series? I mean it gotten a bit monotonous after awhile, will check out to see what it is about.

i was looking forward to welcome to the house 2...we'll see how it pans out

they should of just changed the name. having the same name with a totally new storyline/cast members is just ridiculous

I prefer Come Home Love over Welcome to the house 2. With repackaging hopefully will keep audience!

So basically it a different storyline and characters, so they just ripping off the title "Coming Home Love"?!!?!?!?!? Just end the sitcom and make a name for it.

I find it ridiculous to keep the same name whilst fading out the cast and the story line. I understand that TVB may want to ride the popularity of the show, but changing the whole show should deserve a name change as well.

Edited by aggz

If they were to do that then they might as well have replaced it with a new sitcom...why still use come home love when it isn't the same old cast anymore?

Awaiting for a new COME HOME LOVE.

Hope is as interesting as the previous one.

Why so funny , have this kind of changes ... i will miss the Ma Family so much esp

John Ma , Ma Ji Lei , Lai Gu , Ma Fu :(

Retaining the title with a whole different cast of actors/actress is ridiculous. The Ma family is synonymous with Come Home Love.

ummm guess with Priscilla on the show the rating will go up higher now.

gonna miss the original cast of come home love. They were great and awesome to watch. You won't be bored at all even its been that long. Hope the new one can keep it up to the standard and will have more story line in it. Hope they will be back