Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

273 posts in this topic

Source: SkyPost / HKChannel

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

15e95zn.jpg

20acs9t.jpg

"Come Home Love" to be repackaged; Priscilla Wong and Louis Cheung replace the Ma family as the main storyline

Last Wednesday, TVB announced that their sitcom "Come Home Love" will be "refreshed" and "repackaged". The story of the Ma family members will fade out and instead, Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, etc. will join the cast and the main storyline will be changed to revolve around a fitness center and a marine food products shop.

The new "Come Home Love" series will officially start airing on July 6th; however TVB has decided to change everything up entirely. Lau Dan, Chris Lai, Tsui Wing, Florence Kwok and all the Ma family members do not get to stay in the cast. Replacing them will be Louis Cheung, Priscilla Wong, James Ng, Evergreen Mak, Katy Kung, etc. Actually, last month, there was news that the sitcom would finally come to an end and would be replaced with "Welcome to the House 2". In the end, TVB suddenly put a stop to the plan and decided to continue using the "Come Home Love" name to attract viewers. However, the old cast will be forced to fade out, angering many netizens.

Last week, a press conference was held for the renewal of "Come Home Love", announcing that Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong will be joining as a couple, playing yoga instructors. TVB Drama Production Director, Catherine Tsang emphasized that the new "Come Home Love" is only changing to revolve around another family's story. However, that day, Lau Dan led the group of old cast members and shouted: "I will be back!", seemingly saying goodbye to the audience. Florence Kwok was even touched to tears.

Louis Cheung and Priscilla Wong expressed that they are honoured to join the new version of Come Home Love, but they also feel pressure. The two will play a co-habiting couple, who run a yoga fitness center. Because of this, the two also need to take some time to practice yoga. The Ma family will fade out and leave the cast, will the cast of "CLFLL Solicitors & Notaries" and "CLS Solicitors & Notaries" be able to stay? Griselda Yeung who plays "Ha Jeh" and Max Cheung who plays "Yim Kan" expressed: "We will probably be transferred over. Right now, it's called "Come Home Love 1". At the end, we will have a baby, then in "Come Home Love 2", our characters will be continued. We will be friends with Louis Cheung's character."

Priscilla Wong admits it will be hard to move the audience

The fact that TVB is selling the drama with the "Come Home Love" name but with entirely different content is hard for the audience to accept. Some have expressed that without the original Ma family members, the drama isn't "Come Home Love" anymore, and are worried that a "classic" drama will end up being rubbish. Some also criticized that the new cast members lack attractiveness.

On the other hand, some supported that "refreshing" the series is trying something new and anticipate the new blood (cast members). Last night, SkyPost contacted Priscilla Wong about the drama. Speaking of quite a few netizens refusing to accept the new cast, she said: "The Ma family has always been there. I understand that "Come Home Love" has been in everyone's hearts for many years, so it will be hard to move the audience. But I will work hard to do my best! I am also not worried that the audience will be against Louis and I playing a couple!"

I like to watch the original Come Home Love, so I don't know by changing character would it be a different story. They should just change the title and make it as a new sitcom show. Why would they still keep the title name if they planning to change characters and story line? This doesn't make sense to me. =/

if they're changing the entire case why would they keep the title of "come home love"? it's the current cast members that make this drama "come home love" an entire new cast would not be the same....

I'm guessing it's gonna be a flash forward a few years later thing and the Ma's left for Canada or something lol. Will miss the original, been following it religiously even though I hate the new characters and office.

why still name it come home love with new cast, they should just change it..

come home love it need the Ma's family!

i thought welcome to the house 2 was going to replace it. what about welcome to the house 2?!!

i guess TVB wants to juice all the money they can out of Come Home Love

no, if they are changing the cast like the Ma Family, then they shouldn't use the same title for the sitcom.

i dont really likely when they change character make the story less meanful about each individual that play the part not important!

Wow it does sound like a mess. Whatever they plan to do I will still continue to watch it since this is the only sitcom. I do feel the connection with come home love but at the same time I feel the story is getting weak so adding new cast in will be refreshing.

This is stupid, they should end the series and just develop a new series with the new cast. Why the heck use the same series name? just alienating the audience?

Terrible terrible mistake. They can't just use the same name and replace all the people! I will be very sad once the series is over 😯 but will be happy that Alex and John will have a good ending and yim gun will have a baby!

wow i likes to watch their drama! Priscillia is so pretty!

awwwe well that sucks. The original cast is awesome. The Ma family had so many great dynamics. what a way to copy themselves.

I'm not sure if I would like the new cast. They are changing the whole storyline. They might as well name it another TVB mini series.

I thought it was going to be Eliza, I don't want to see Priscilla...so not a fan of hers...

Don't like the idea. If Ma family is out, the storyline is changing too, they should change the name too. Don't use Come Home Love. Find another name to replace come home love. Don't confuse the audience.

Give us back the Ma family or they will regret it. The ratings will show you that the original "Come Home Love" is a better choice.

Hope this show will continue to be as nice as the current one.

What's the point of keeping the name when changing all the main casts?

thanks for sharing! this is amazing! i really like her! i wish they will cast her into more dramas! :D she's beautiful!

interesting how they could change cast a little but not the title? maybe they should consider doing so