Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (05/11/2015 - 05/17/2015)

25 posts in this topic

Source: Wacow @ Blog163

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

TVB Ratings Report (05/11/2015 - 05/17/2015)

Dramas

The Empress of China - 武則天 (EPS 16-20) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Limelight Years - 華麗轉身 (EPS 11-15) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS)

The Empress of China - 武則天 (EP 22) - 23 PTS *SUNDAY EPISODE

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 765-769) - 22 PTS

The Empress of China - 武則天 (EP 21) - 21 PTS *SATURDAY EPISODE

Variety Shows

Good Cheap Eats 3 - 食平3D - 22 PTS

Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 20 PTS

Neighbourhood Gourmet 3 - 街坊廚神舌戰新台韓 - 18 PTS

Eating Well with Madam Wong 2 - 吾淑吾食 2 - 18 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇李 - 17 PTS

What's Daddy 3 (China Edition) - 萬里尋爸3 (中國篇) - 14 PTS

Walking Tours - 賞遊澳門 - 13 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Related News:

- Because of the Amber rainstorm signal last Monday, the ratings of the dramas that day raised (due to more people staying home). Average rating that day for "Limelight Years" (broadcast at 8:30 pm) was 26 PTS, peaking at 30 PTS, while average rating for "The Empress of China" (9:30pm) was 27 PTS, peaking at 28 PTS.

- Aside from the rainstorm signal on Monday, the highest rating for "The Empress of China" for the week was Friday, average 27 PTS, peaking at 28 PTS.

limelight years is such a beautiful drama!! i think tvb drama has changed, its getting better, easier to watch,, unlike the 2014s dramas, it was a downfall but nowgetting better again

same old, no matter rain or not it can not really save TVB

looks like the 7 episodes a week isnt working well.

wow china series doing better than tvb home made, come on long live tvb series support the home grown :drinksss: :79:

Limelight Years is a good drama. Hopefully, it will get a better ratings.

Man, I don't get why people would want to watch Empress of China over Limelight Years. Limelight Years is so much better than Empress of China! Very thoughtful, and thought-provoking drama; whereas Empress of China is just "I'm jealous of you, you're jealous of me, we're all jealous of each other so let's fight to the death in ridiculous schemes". Not to mention the plasticky fences and props in the background. Costumes are fancy though, that's it.

But that's just my opinion.

empress of china is awsome nice to see ratings going up

I thought The Empress of China should boast up TVB rating

wow empress of china is getting a lot viewers... hope to see limelight years get better ratings as well :)

Man, I don't get why people would want to watch Empress of China over Limelight Years. Limelight Years is so much better than Empress of China! Very thoughtful, and thought-provoking drama; whereas Empress of China is just "I'm jealous of you, you're jealous of me, we're all jealous of each other so let's fight to the death in ridiculous schemes". Not to mention the plasticky fences and props in the background. Costumes are fancy though, that's it.

The thing is, people are probably getting sick of TVB actors and actresses, with the repetitive use the past few years. Can't say anything about the plot, but most of the TVB dramas this year or even in recent years just aren't that good. Whereas, with Empress of China, they've got good, popular actors and actresses (everyone seems to love Fan Bing Bing), and serious production. People have been complaining about how TVB hasn't done any real grand productions in the past few years, and this one is a pretty big production. Plus Empress of China talks about a really interesting part of history, which a LOT of people love to watch. And we just have to admit it, but a lot of people just simply like watching palace scheming dramas, no matter how repetitive it is. In addition, in this appearance judging and naturally shallow world, eye candy and pretty costumes are enough to attract people to watch. Pretty sure those reasons are what's winning ratings. I had a feeling from the beginning that this drama would actually do decent, unlike Monkey King last year, which was ........ :wacko:

ill be so sad when Come Home Love ends... it was the next best series that I love watching every night before sleeping

The Empress of China - 武則天 is very good.... may even be better without the edits... :)

The Empress of China - 武則天 is very good !! Love it !! All the actresses very pretty and good acting.

Actually empress of chinas has mix comments. I saw another Chinese thread elsewhere some people are against it or say it is boring and not as good as limelight years. I think ratings don't necessary mean the plot is good or bad these days. Some people just turn on the tv but not watch it.

Wow, the empress of china is topping the list again...That's indeed a good show

i like limelight years. And really exciting to see Alex fong paired up with linda chung

Seven episodes a week doesnt seem to be working very well for them. Thats too bad. It wasnt a bad idea. Lets hope something will help them get more ratings.

The series are not bad so far. Just the rating is not so high since the series are typical.

Empress of China is a pretty good drama, and that's why it's top of the charts again

Really surprised by the ratings on Limelight Years. Gave up after the first 2 episodes because there is just no story line to it.