Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Kevin Cheng and Grace Chan admit their relationship is developing: "Don't be surprised if you see us on dates in the future"

295 posts in this topic

Source: MingPao

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

261m44g.jpg

2ppbz1g.jpg

2uh31xg.jpg

Kevin Cheng and Grace Chan admit their relationship is developing: "Don't be surprised if you see us on dates in the future"

Earlier, rumors broke out revolving around 45-year-old Kevin Cheng and 23-year-old Grace Chan having an off-screen romance because of filming TVB drama, "Vampire". They had emphasized many times that they are only friends, but will not eliminate the possibility of a chance of developing in the future. They both stated that age is not a barrier and that the most important thing is being able to communicate and being comfortable with each other. Having just returned to Hong Kong after filming in Holland for half a month, the two were able to spend a lot of time together abroad. Kevin admitted that their "relationship" has gotten one step further, and heavily praised Grace. He did not deny that he wants to pursue her, and even "previewed" that he and Grace will go on dates: "We are good friends right now, we are able to talk a lot. If you guys see us have dinner or watch a movie in the future, don't be surprised. Give us some space!" Grace Chan also praised Kevin for being caring and said the two are currently getting to know each other.

Previously, when Kevin and Grace left for Holland to film "Vampire", netizens already discovered that the two were quite close and waited for each other to enter the departure gates. Yesterday, MingPao Magazine published an interview of the two that was done in Holland. The photos that they took were quite close, showing Kevin indeed taking good care of Grace.

Kevin Cheng praises Grace Chan for being valuable

Kevin Cheng admitted that his "relationship" with Grace has developed quickly: "We were able to spend more time with each other and understand each other more in Holland. She is very smart, and is a very talented actress. As a friend, I feel that she's very straight forward, and really knows how to empathize and accommodate other. She comes from a rather wealthy family background, but she is not troubling at all, nothing like not being able to endure obstacles or afraid of suffering. This is a very valuable trait, I really admire it."

Kevin knows that the public use the term "Father-Daughter Relationship" to describe the pair due to their 22 year age gap, he said: "No matter the attacks or defamation, I feel that two people being friends, lovers or a married couple, being able to communicate is what makes a relationship last. We are able to communicate quite well. She has a lot of wisdom, and we both really like movies, TV, and foreign talk shows; quite a lot of common topics. She debuted through a beauty pageant, a lot of people feel they tend to rush through their career, but she just simply likes to act and has a passion for a career in performance. She is very hardworking, in order to earn that feeling of satisfaction and achievement, not just to become famous." Asked if he is officially pursuing her? He did not deny it: "I also need to get married and have kids, need the space to develop first! Afterwards, when there is time, I also want to ask her out to eat and watch movies to understand each other a bit more. Need to let her to get to know me more first!"

"Indeed able to communicate, gives us some space"

Yesterday, Kevin flew to Singapore to prepare for "Mother's Favourites 2015" concert. He accepted an interview from Ming Pao, asked if he and Grace Chan are developing their relationship? He said: "The content (in the published interview) is quite clear already, nothing else to add. We are good friends right now. We are indeed able to communicate well and have common topics, everyone please give us some space! If we are seen eating dinner and watching movies in the future, please do not be surprised. Saying this in advance."

Grace Chan: Slowly know each other through time

Yesterday, Grace Chan attended the Wai Yin Charity Ball. Asked if she and Kevin are dating? She blurted out: "Yes! We are starting now." Afterwards, she explained that she meant they are starting the interview now. She admitted that she and Kevin are at the stage of getting to know each other. After filming together in Holland, she is now more clear of what kind of person he is. Kevin is very nice to the people around him and to seniors, and is also very willing to teach her, Anjaylia Chan, Luk Wing, etc. how to act. They are good friends right now. Asked if there is a chance of developing? She said: "Need to use time to slowly know each other more. (Is this cup of tea (Kevin) good?) Don't know how to answer. I feel that he is a good person, and it is very comfortable getting along with him. (Kevin announced in advance telling us not to be surprised if we see you guys out together in the future.) Yes! So don't be surprised. (Has Kevin asked you out?) We are both busy. I will be going to Canada soon. (If he asks you to go out alone, will you go?) Depends on the situation. If I don't have to work, then no harm in coming out to have a chat."

That's just creepy... Kevin Cheng is like twice Grace's age!

Why is age such a big deal? Kevin doesn't look twice her age. As long as they're both happy together, what does it matter? They look good together.

So much of a difference in age, but if they are happy together... Have fun!

Can't help to believe that they are doing a vampire series due to a few South Korea series.

kevin is probably a playboy.. we'll see how they goes. they just probably promoting their new drama...

This is exciting! Grace is so pretty although Kevin is much older but they look perfect together!

At first I did not really think that Kevin was that much older than Grace but the pictures above show it all. Look at those wrinkles! I am not sure that it would last considering there was already a big age gap between Nikki Chow and Kevin Cheng and they did not last. Now the gap is even wider at 22 years! To me the pix above look awkward.

congratulations to the couple they look cute together

I am happy that Grace and Kevin are happy together. Age is just a number and shouldn't be an obstacle in a relationship. Hope they are happy together and let nature take its course.

Hope both of them are the right one for each other and Kevin can faster settle down :)

They're an interestingly cute couple. Wish the best of luck to them!

Wow I am surprised by this couple, but hope the best for these two. Whilst the age gap is relatively large, the main thing is that they are happy. I wish them the best of luck together.

woah double the age. at least he doesn't look old

Grace is too young for him. She is just starting out in the business and has heaps potential in the industry.

Why would she get married in 5 years time where she be 28 and Kevin be in his 50?

This relationship will damage her career in the long run as Kevin has stated he will want kids in the future.

But good luck to them.

There a huge age gap, but I happy for them .

wow what is happening? kevin suddenly looked like hes aged so much!

and is this for her fame or for the promotion of the series? such a sudden news LOL

That's a pretty large age gap. I'm surprised they're talking about it so openly especially if the relationship is still in the get-to-know-you stage.

They look like a very cute couple together so congrats to the both of them and i hope they are happy together

wow what? is this for realz? grace sure knows how to climb up the ladder! she has no talent yet stars in so much stuff!

Interesting to see this pairing. A young girl will always be exciting to an older guy like Kevin so I'm not sure if it's really love or just a fascination between the two. Only time will tell.

wow...didn't think Grace would actually be interested in him...thought it was all about promoting the series...

Forget about brother-sister relationship. This is like father-daughter style. Honestly though, he got game and she's probably in it for the fame too.