Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Patrick Tang resigns from role due to love triangle storyline with ex-girlfriend Katy Kung; Penalized to have contract extended by 3 months

115 posts in this topic

Source: Apple Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

j9vd5w.jpg

sbmycg.jpg

2elqhbp.jpg

Patrick Tang resigns from role due to love triangle storyline with ex-girlfriend Katy Kung; Penalized to have contract extended by 3 months

Although Patrick Tang and Katy Kung have broken up for 3 years, recently in order to create buzz, TVB wrote a love triangle storyline for the two actors in new drama "Trendy Leader". According to sources, Patrick Tang is preparing to get married soon. Because he doesn't want this previous relationship to be put on the table and create disturbances for his fiancee, Sukie Shek, in addition he also needs to go through surgery because of kidney strones, he resigned from his role in the drama. Because of his rejection of the role, TVB gave him a penalty of extending his contract by 3 months. Regarding this, Patrick Tang admitted: "Yes, there is such situation." According to sources, because Patrick feels his TV career development hasn't been going very well, he has decided that he will not renew his contract with TVB at the end of the year when it expires.

Ever since his "mentor" Stephen Chan left TVB in 2012, 40 year old Patrick Tang had been given small roles. Thankfully, his love life has been quite smooth. Last year, he met Sukie Shek in the play they cooperated in "Hollywood in Big Hotel (大酒店有個荷李活)" and now they have planned to get married this year.

However, luck hasn't been going his way recently. Other than needing to go under surgery because of kidney stones, according to sources, in order to create buzz, in TVB's upcoming drama "Trendy Leader", starring Moses Chan and Sisley Choi, the producer arranged a love triangle storyline for ex-lovers Patrick Tang and Katy Kung, who broke up 3 years ago. Katy Kung would be the third party of the love triangle. Because of his health and because he is getting married to his girlfriend soon, he did not want his past relationship to be put on the table; therefore he decided to resign from the role. As a result, TVB gave him a penalty for exiting the drama, extending his contract by 3 months. His contract was to end at the end of this year.

According to a source: "Patrick and Sukie are planning to get married this year, so he doesn't want his past relationships to be used to create news and buzz. Although Patrick and Katy are still friends after breaking up, but he doesn't want such news to cause Sukie to be unhappy. Plus, his case of kidney stones has recurred, so his health condition isn't that good. Therefore, he decided to resign from the role. Who knew that TVB would say that he is rejecting the drama, and made him extend his contract for 3 months. Actually, according to law, Patrick doesn't have to accept such unreasonable requests. Everyone can see how "important" TVB really sees him in the past few years. The company doesn't even have any reason to extend his contract. Actually Patrick has found a lot of achievement in plays in the past two years, so he's decided that he will not renew his contract at the end of the year. But he really does thank the company for having given him opportunities in the past, so if the company insists on extending his contract for 3 months, then he will agree."

Girlfriend Sukie Shek praises him for being "man"

Regarding having been asked to extend his contract because he refused to play the role in having a love triangle with Katy Kung, Patrick responded through telephone the day before: "Not convenient to say so much, but such situation has happened. But to me, just go with the flow." Asked if he just had a kidney stone surgery? He said: "Thank you for your concern. I'm Ok. I can't say too much, sorry."

Sukie Shek also admitted she has heard about the issue with her boyfriend and TVB, she responded through phone: "I heard about it. Not convenient for me to comment on this matter. Every company has their own process. Whatever Patrick does, I will support fully. He has a lot of talent in acting." About Patrick Tang not wanting her to get disturbed so he rejected to cooperate with Katy Kung, Sukie replied sweetly: "Very man." As for Katy Kung, when she was asked about TVB arranging a love triangle storyline with Patrick Tang, she replied: "I am not that sure about this. But if we have to cooperate, I wouldn't mind."

that seems pretty messed up for tvb to do that. the man is getting married and you try to set him up to have rumors? then you screw him by making him by adding more time?

Congrats to Patrick, I don't like how TVB is trying to do things like that.. pretty bad

Patrick made the right decision, it is really a sensitive period now for him and i think TVB shouldnt take advantage of the relationship to boost ratings.

Patrick Tang has indeed developed in his acting skills the past few series. Too bad he resigned from the new series, but in order to silent the showbizz speculations, it's understandable. Wish the soon to be married couple all the best.

didn't know he was still with TVB. haven't seen him in any series lately...

if extend for another 3 months what can he actually do within a short period of time ? wishes him well for his health also....

really TVB? that's not even funny coming from tvb

i love that fact how patrick tang can be straight about the priorities that are important in his life :)

i dont think this is the truth behind it, honestly, i feel like he would take on whatever he can at this point to make some money for this future

if his relationship is really that solid, then he shouldnt be scared of anything..

He's a good actor but never really get attention from the public

tvb, come on! dont be so petty minded over this. he has to look after his life and health too

That's not "man;" if he was "man," he'd be a professional and take on the role!

You must be really dense to say that. It's not him being professional or not. It's him being considerate about his fiancee's feelings. Women are always sensitive about past relationships. I guess someone as dense as you are wouldn't understand that.

Hopefully he has a good career somewhere else in mainland or other stations.

Had no idea they were even dating! But it's understandable that Patrick doesn't want to take part on something if he isn't comfortable. Not very professional but I wouldve done the same.

it is very gentleman of him to give up a role for his love. true MAN. men out there need to learn to set their priorities straight like Patrick. go Patrick!

Good for him and shame on TVB for doing this. But I really don't care about his problem lol

Typical Asian mentality to pass on jobs due to a prior relationship. You don't see this happening and all in the West, they should be professional and not choose jobs.

That is a little sad that they can't be friends after the break up. Such little kids acting stupid.

that is not very nice of tvb to do that... hope his surgery goes well and congratulations to the couple!

Hard to believe Patrick is 40! He still has a baby face and looks so young! Hope his surgery goes well.