Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Sean Lau and Vicky Zhao crowned Film King and Queen at the 34th Hong Kong Film Awards

190 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

2rdj43n.jpg

2nhg7yx.jpg

nw0ac0.jpg

5bo0o0.jpg

Sean Lau and Vicky Zhao crowned Film King and Queen at the 34th Hong Kong Film Awards

The "Hong Kong Film Awards" ceremony was held last night. After 2007, Sean Lau Ching Wan took home the Film King award once again, and was so touched that he teared up on stage thanking his wife, Amy Kwok. Vicky Zhao, who has taken on the director's role in event years, won the Film Queen award for the first time. She, who played a village girl in "Dearest", expressed that she wrote an award acceptance speech before, and now she can finally use it!

Yesterday, The 34th Hong Kong Film Awards Ceremony, held at the Tsim Sha Tsui Cultural Centre, attracted more than a hundred popular stars and actors to the venue. Yesterday night, the ceremony awarded 20 film awards, with Vicky Zhao taking home the Film Queen award for the first time, and Lau Ching Wan taking the Film King award again after 2007. The movie "The Golden Era" won 5 awards, including "Best Film" and "Best Director", etc.

The fiercest competition this year was amongst the "Best Actress" nominees. Earlier, Vicky Zhao had won the "Best Actress" award at the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards, giving her an advantage. However, Charlene Choi, who played vulgar and sexual scenes in movie "Sara", was still seen with a bigger chance at the award. In the end, the award was won by 39 year old Vicky Zhao, with her movie "Dearest". Receiving the award from Nick Cheung, she said: "I really never thought I would win. I only thought about how I would go home, clean up and go to sleep. I never thought about what to say. Before, my colleague suggested that I write a speech for the Golden Horse Awards, but in the end, there was no chance for me to use it. Now, I can proudly say it!"

Thank you to director Peter Chan

About her role as a village girl in the movie: "Thank you to Director Peter Chan suddenly thinking of finding me (to be in the movie). Although she doesn't look good, but I was actually "high" playing the role. Lastly, I want to thank my family."

As for "Best Actor", which was won by 51 year old Sean Lau, although this time, he had two movies in the running, with "Insanity" and "Overheard 3", his votes were not split and won competitors Daniel Wu, Eddie Peng, etc. to take home the award with his performance in "Overhead 3", after his 2007 win with "My Name is Fame".

Wife Amy Kwok tears up

Sean took the award from the 5 child actors Miriam Yeung brought with her to present the award. He teared up saying: "It is you guys who let me know that I still have a female audience. You guys didn't recognize wrongly and think I was Louis Koo right? First, I want to thank my family. I know they have been very supportive of me all the way. Thank you to all the crew members of the three (Overheard) movies. Also, I want to thank my wife....(cheer and applause)... this is very important, all the females love hearing this part. (Laughter) Every time I drive a space ship flying across the universe, no matter where I fly to, you always find a way to bring me safely back to Earth." His wife, Amy Kwok, who was sitting in the audience, was immediately touched to tears.

Sean Lau's Speech

Vicky Zhao's win

Additional Photos:

Spoiler:

2q3nhq9.jpg

989ik4.jpg

2u9ldfk.jpg

2u5ddv7.jpg

307teab.jpg

is like not much competitor in the industry since always regular winner. some are just act according the director and the script character

Congratulations to Sean and Vicky... Wow Amy still looks hot and young!!! Hope to see her in some of the series!!!

Congrats to Sean Lau and Vicky Zhao. They are great actor and actress. It is good to know they won.

Congratulations Sean Lau and Vicky Zhao, you both deserved the award.

Congrats to Sean Lau. Very touching speech to his wife. Thumbs up!

Frankly I only watched a few Chinese movies this year but they included Dearest and Overheard 3. Dearest was very touching and the plot brings awareness to human trafficking. I think Vicky Zhao did an amazing job in it and she deserves the award. Overheard 3 was not quite as memorable because I don't even remember what role Sean played in the movie..I only remember that almost everyone died in the end :0

Ever since he won the first Film King, Sean made a lot less movies. I guess he can pick and choose those projects that are able to meet his asking price.

Congrats to both of them! They are both really good actors and deserve this award.

Congrats to all the winners!! love Sean Lau very much!!

congrats to both of them especially sean lau. i love his works found him a good actor to be precise.

Congratulation to Sean Lau and Vicky Zhao.

They are both great actor and actress

congratulations to both of them. I haven't watched any Asian movies lately, but I am going to...

Congrets to all the winners ... keep up the good job :drinksss:

sean has always been my favourite actor since his time in TVB!

Well deserved award for him

absolutely adorable Sean + his wife!

congratz to Ivana tooo!

can't believe she made it into the film world as well!

Congrats to Sean, I am amazed on his speech to his wife.

congrats to both sean lau and vicky zhai, both great actor and actress! well deserved for their work

outstanding actor and actress, they deserved it! wish them more success

Congrats to Sean Lau, without a doubt he deserve it. Many more to come....

Congratulations Sean Lau! I love his acceptance speech! They are one of my favorite couples!

Always loved Sean as an actor. He is a very well rounded actor and can do any role he wants