Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Ivana Wong bags two big awards at the 34th Hong Kong Film Awards with "Best Newcomer" and "Best Supporting Actress"

118 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

2dr8cq0.jpg

16le42q.jpg

Ivana Wong bags two big awards at the 34th Hong Kong Film Awards with "Best Newcomer" and "Best Supporting Actress"

At last night's "Hong Kong Film Awards" ceremony, one of the big winners of the night was surprisingly Ivana Wong, who grabbed two big awards, "Best Newcomer" and "Best Supporting Actress"! Ivana, who was nominated for "Best Newcomer" with three movies, first took home the award as expected with movie "Golden Chickensss", then won "Best Supporting Actress". When she accepted the "Best Newcomer" award, she seemed very prepared. She took out a "cheat sheet" from her chest to deliver her speech, raising "wows" from the audience. During her speech, she occasionally spoke in English to thank her good friends Fiona Sit, Eman Lam and Kary Ng. Lastly, she did not forget to thank her boyfriend, Eric So.

Afterwards, when she won the second award for "Best Supporting Actress", Ivana looked very surprised and hid her face in her hands, showing her agitation. When she accepted the award, she suddenly used Mandarin and said: "Thank you everyone! It is really unbelievable! Aiya! Why did I suddenly speak in Mandarin?" She teared up in the middle: "I never thought such a new actor could get such an important award. Thank you Sandra Ng and director Matt Chow, everyone was very welcoming, gave me a lot of warmth and let me know how fruitful and beautiful the film world is."

After winning "Best Newcomer", Ivana saw Sandra backstage and they hugged and kissed. Ivana said: "I was really nervous when I was on stage, too many people to thank, I wasn't able to thank them all." Asked about her cheat sheet hidden in her chest, she said: "This is my experience from my concerts. My hands are usually very busy, many props (to hold), putting it in the front is very convenient and safe, it won't fall out." After winning her second award, when Ivana was interviewed backstage, it was coincidentally the moment when the "Best Actor" award was being announced. She also expressed her support for Sean Lau for the award. Asked if she was a bit disappointed losing out on the music award, she said: "I did a little bit, but I already won two awards, so I'm more than happy already!" She laughed saying she wants to eat hot pot after the ceremony. As for her boyfriend, because he isn't in Hong Kong, he wasn't able to come support at the ceremony.

Congrats to Ivana! I think her acting is pretty natural, and its amazing for her to win the best supporting actress! Look forward to see her act more!

Now day the award is just a show. They know who will win and who will not. They also take turns. For Ivana winning two award I really think it just a show. I saw her acting in the "cousin, you playing" it was not good at all and her voice is like chicken calling for help.

nice congrats. she deserve it. hope she continue getting award

Edited by Doraemon1971
pointless quote removed

Congratulations Ivana..... a good new artist. not exactly new but very good improvement for her.

Congratulations again for bagging 2 awards.

Congrats to Ivana! Now I need to see the movies that she was nominated for!

I am actually surprised at her good acting skills. Wong Cho Lam is really talented in knowing other people's talent and invited her to take part in TVB dramas.

Congrats to Ivana. Shes such a natural avtress I love her acting especially in comedies!

congratz too her well deserve ... i still remmeber how funny is the character she is holding on the Golden Chickens...

She a good actress as well as a good singer ...

congrats to her because she was great congrats to her because she was great. shes so great and whatever

Congrats to Ivana!! She was so cute when she went up the stage to take her first prize.. the paper is hidden behind her clothers.. LOL!!

congratulations to her!! she is beginning to have a successful career! all the best~

nice job, congratulations :D

voice is nice as well, well deserved (Y)

Congratualations Ivana!! way to go, keep up the good performance and aim high :)

congratulations to ivana Wong, she did make it for the new comer and best supporting awards.

Congratulations to Ivana. Her performance in Golden Chickensss was really good. I never imagined that she would be able to pull off such a role.

congrats to ivana! she can sing and act =) looking forward to seeing more of her on screen

is good she can act and sing also else it would be waste in industry since less HK actress in fresh for the industry

Congrats her for that even I haven't watch the drama yet... Hope to see some of the drama soon!!!

predicted the female winner even though I do think Charlene Choi deserved something. but guess not everyone can be a winner!

congrats to Ivana Wong! She deserves her two awards. Love her acting

congrats ivana....frankly i really did not recognized her in the movie....partly because i think she is chubbier than before? sandra is soooooo slim standing next to her...

good job playing this role....you have played a role that's totally not ivana.....bravo!