Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Euro852

Parallel goods cab takes sidewalk, forcing pedestrians into road

8 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight

Video: YouTube

1031691_7853d76f4e6ffe07d26b80a208032470-692x360.jpg

The topsy-turvy world of parallel trading has produced its latest reversal of the natural order of things. Not only are parallel traders cleaning Hong Kong stores out of goods needed by Hongkongers and selling them across the border, a cab apparently used by parallel traders took over the sidewalk this week, forcing local residents to walk in the road. A New Territories taxi suspected to be carrying parallel traders and goods was seen on video driving about 100 meters on the pedestrian walkway beside a busy road in Sheung Shui, Apple Daily reported Friday.

Oyster Wong, the driver of a light goods vehicle, captured the incident on his car camera at about 5pm Wednesday. Wong said he was shocked by the reckless driving of the taxi driver. A woman and her son on the sidewalk had to quickly step into traffic to avoid the suddenly oncoming vehicle, he said. Wong, who has been a driver for 10 years, said such behavior is simply unacceptable and called for the police to follow up. He suspected the taxi was hired by parallel traders in a rush to ship their goods to border control points, as its trunk was fully loaded to the point that the lid could not be closed properly.

A Democratic Party survey earlier found that taxis used to transport parallel goods have become a safety concern, as the fully loaded vehicles could endanger road users. Not to mention users of sidewalks.

Is that guy stupid? Someone should find the driver and beat him up. Not only that, he should be fined.

That is totally wrong and un-safe. plus with today's mobile phones information can quickly spread on social media.

I think its totally dangerous and cause a hazard to pedestrian. The traffic police should step in too

Pfft i've seen this happen on the mainland a few times myself so i would concur that mainlanders were involved.

When i lived there there were numerous cabbies ignoring traffic signs ( not only cabbies though but mostly cabbies ) or sidewalks or crossing lanes.

Some of them may now be driving around with a size 11 and a half shoe imprint in the cars bodywork as a consequence of my westeren temper :D

That nut head will be in some serious trouble. I wonder what mainlanders are paying him. Put him in jail or take away his taxi licence.

wow...unbelievable...i would block his way. or take shaving cream and spray it all over his windshield. let's see how he drives when he can't see. jerks...

that is pretty interesting. this cab driver should be charge for dangerous driving. he probably doesn't know what he is doing.