Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

148 posts in this topic

Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

flkod2.jpg

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

TVB's new generation "third-party foxy spirit", Ali Lee, has been filming drama after drama. Having played many "third party" characters, this time, in new drama "Trendy Leader", she finally "settles" down and climbs up the ladder, playing a socialite as the female lead of the drama; along with good 'sister' Sisley Choi, who has also been heavily promoted. Ali accepted an interview yesterday and said: "Actually I don't know that I'm the female lead, nor do I know what my character is yet, but to me, no matter what character it is, I will do it well. I've joined TVB for three years, and I've filmed many different dramas. From having only two scenes, to two episodes, till now, I've been improving step by step. If the company arranges such a good role for me, I will be very happy. My hard work hasn't been wasted."

Speaking of Sisley Choi saying that Ali is her "goddess", Ali replied: "I am very good friends with Sisley, no matter in private or at work, we are good sisters." Regarding the drama having a lot of actresses, being given a lead role so fast, will she be worried that others will be jealous or that there may be a lot of rumours? She laughed: "They aren't people who spread rumours. From what I know of them, they are people who work hard."

"Trendy Leader" will start filming in May. The drama's cast include Moses Chan, Him Law, Ali Chan and Sisley Choi. Past Miss Hong Kong pageant contestants, Veronica Shiu, Whitney Hui, Leanne Li, Vivien Yeo, Lisa Chong and Jacqueline Chong will also take part in the drama. The plot will revolve around a trendy magazine publishing company, with Moses playing the head director. Him Law plays a male model while Sisley Choi is the "fashion queen" of Temple Street. Him and Sisley will play a couple once again.

Everyone knew she was going to make it, she's like the prettiest TVB star other than a few atm. Theres no way shes not going to get famous.

I saw her in a few series. Her acting is quite good. I didn't know she joined TVB for 3 years already

I've liked her since watching my first drama with her.

She always plays antagonistic characters, but she portrays them very well.

I'm not sure she can carry a show, but I definitely think her acting is better than Sisley/Grace.

It's nice to see new faces but TVB should invest more in training them

She's actually one of the better actresses among the newcomer so I'm glad!

wow! what an interesting name- Ali. hope to see her more on the screens

i havent watched tvb dramas in soo long, but i do watch their variety show. I actually find her to be one of the prettiest girls in TVB.

I don't recall watching her in a series but I will now pay more attention to her. As for Sisley.. I think she's a horrible actress and can't stand her.

Totally agree with you about Sisley Choi, I stopped watching Young Charioteers because I couldn't stand her acting and her voice.

Great that she got a good opportunity. Look forward for her good performance.

it will be interesting to see Ali take on a lead road, she hasn't been bad in her more evil roles

I think she is acting really well...so I think she will be going going going up very quick.

I don't really know her but I think it's good that they will have more different actors/actress to be in the lead roles

Congrats to Ali Lee!!! I really like her acting, hope she will quickly climb up to first line artist!

Good for her, finally she has chance to be able to play one of the lead character.

guess its a good idea to give new actor and actresses a chance since thats how new stars a born.

new face? not enough of fadans i guess...haven't seen her around yet...

Ali Lee looks so pretty in the picture. I thought she’s a tall gal, no? Anyway, she’s looks pretty!....cant wait to watch new drama!

This is surprising but it's good that TVB give chances for other people to lead. However, the male leads are all so old when they have promising younger actors.

To many main actress are left to mainland. Lately most of the series you see the same main actress.

Hope we will see more new faces in the future.

cool been following her. hope she get a good role. she is really pretty

I don't think she's good enough to be female lead just yet...