Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

148 posts in this topic

Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

flkod2.jpg

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

TVB's new generation "third-party foxy spirit", Ali Lee, has been filming drama after drama. Having played many "third party" characters, this time, in new drama "Trendy Leader", she finally "settles" down and climbs up the ladder, playing a socialite as the female lead of the drama; along with good 'sister' Sisley Choi, who has also been heavily promoted. Ali accepted an interview yesterday and said: "Actually I don't know that I'm the female lead, nor do I know what my character is yet, but to me, no matter what character it is, I will do it well. I've joined TVB for three years, and I've filmed many different dramas. From having only two scenes, to two episodes, till now, I've been improving step by step. If the company arranges such a good role for me, I will be very happy. My hard work hasn't been wasted."

Speaking of Sisley Choi saying that Ali is her "goddess", Ali replied: "I am very good friends with Sisley, no matter in private or at work, we are good sisters." Regarding the drama having a lot of actresses, being given a lead role so fast, will she be worried that others will be jealous or that there may be a lot of rumours? She laughed: "They aren't people who spread rumours. From what I know of them, they are people who work hard."

"Trendy Leader" will start filming in May. The drama's cast include Moses Chan, Him Law, Ali Chan and Sisley Choi. Past Miss Hong Kong pageant contestants, Veronica Shiu, Whitney Hui, Leanne Li, Vivien Yeo, Lisa Chong and Jacqueline Chong will also take part in the drama. The plot will revolve around a trendy magazine publishing company, with Moses playing the head director. Him Law plays a male model while Sisley Choi is the "fashion queen" of Temple Street. Him and Sisley will play a couple once again.

i enjoy ali's acting.

she is very good and its great to see fresh faces

i think she is very pretty as well

I'm really sick of Sisley Choi. She will ruin the series. Just hate her chicken voice.

TVB always have the same old cast. I hope the newer ones will be better and revive the dramas and shows

She can act evil, hope to see her in different roles soon. I think she is a notch better than Grace who is heavily promoted by tvb

I'm quite enjoying her performances and acting so she's someone I don't mind TVB promoting.

hmmm, looks like TVB rushing to promote new artists to lead roles, they lost many artist.

Good job Ali!! This shows that hard work does indeed pay off!

finally she stops playing those third party roles... best of luck to her

its a good opportunity for her hopefully she does well! love the dynamic she has with the rest of the cast of the variety show sidewalk scientist

She was not bad in the last tvb series. Overall, it's a pretty girl and fresh face on tv.

her acting is awesome. She manage to portray every role well. Something fresh

she is a pretty girl, she deserves a leading role or supporting role in a drama

Happy for Ali, I was getting concerned that she was getting type cast into the 3rd party roles when she had a lot of potential,she's pretty and has acting potential.

Good to hear of the opportunity she's getting. Hopefully she'll impress and be able to land some more main roles

Oh there is a new lead for the drama that's great but I haven't see any drama yet.. Still waiting

She actually not bad , just that earlier , always watch her as third party of ppl

wife or couples role.. now can watch her in others role , tats great , but

dun like Him LAw pair with Sisley Choi

Now there is a lot of new faces in TVB drama.

Some really dont even know who it is?

I still remember her role as Ivy in Overachievers, man I hated her so much!

Considering she has only joined TVB for three years, I quite like her acting skills

Hope she gets a chance to do another kind of role and receives more recognition.

There have been too much focus on all those pageants they try too promote lately, it's starting to get boring (since they can barely act)

I actually kind of like her acting, and hope she takes this opportunity into good hands.

Her acting not too bad, should advance her to a supporting role ... :rolleyes:

I think Ali is a potential actress. Good to see she's getting more chances.