Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

148 posts in this topic

Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

flkod2.jpg

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

TVB's new generation "third-party foxy spirit", Ali Lee, has been filming drama after drama. Having played many "third party" characters, this time, in new drama "Trendy Leader", she finally "settles" down and climbs up the ladder, playing a socialite as the female lead of the drama; along with good 'sister' Sisley Choi, who has also been heavily promoted. Ali accepted an interview yesterday and said: "Actually I don't know that I'm the female lead, nor do I know what my character is yet, but to me, no matter what character it is, I will do it well. I've joined TVB for three years, and I've filmed many different dramas. From having only two scenes, to two episodes, till now, I've been improving step by step. If the company arranges such a good role for me, I will be very happy. My hard work hasn't been wasted."

Speaking of Sisley Choi saying that Ali is her "goddess", Ali replied: "I am very good friends with Sisley, no matter in private or at work, we are good sisters." Regarding the drama having a lot of actresses, being given a lead role so fast, will she be worried that others will be jealous or that there may be a lot of rumours? She laughed: "They aren't people who spread rumours. From what I know of them, they are people who work hard."

"Trendy Leader" will start filming in May. The drama's cast include Moses Chan, Him Law, Ali Chan and Sisley Choi. Past Miss Hong Kong pageant contestants, Veronica Shiu, Whitney Hui, Leanne Li, Vivien Yeo, Lisa Chong and Jacqueline Chong will also take part in the drama. The plot will revolve around a trendy magazine publishing company, with Moses playing the head director. Him Law plays a male model while Sisley Choi is the "fashion queen" of Temple Street. Him and Sisley will play a couple once again.

she had left an impression on me. Her acting is not bad

She's really pretty and those foxy eyes her acting is good too

wow..really happy for her to be finally able to lead a drama..all the best to her

Yeah, about time TVB promoted Ali Lee, She came over from I-Cable and did mostly hosting roles.

She had a breakout role in Over Achievers as Ivy.

I like Ali, she is very pretty and hope she gets meatier roles.

There is so many new faces recently (ex Three Women One Bar). Honestly I wish TVB stop doing in house management but it is the only way they can control cost and make crazy amount of profit since they are the top station. I think she will do well since as co host of Sidewalk Scientist, it was a bit entertaining.

Edited by netkiller666

Its good seeing her in our roles...it will be refreshing and hopefully it will show a different side of Ali

glad she got a lead role. Her acting is pretty good compared to sisley tho

TVB is giving fresher faces a look into leading in tv series - this will be more interesting..

i'm glad she got a lead role. her acting is quite good for a new comer

glad to see her getting some opportunities. Though don't think she's ready for lead yet, but she's definitely better than Sisley!

Couldn't remember who she is, but hope she can bring more sparks to dramas. All the best to her!

TVB needs to promote new artists. Good for Ali and looking forward to watch her new series.

she can act...tvb make a right decision to promote her...

I really like her in the bad roles. She's so pretty! :) hope to see her in better roles in the future!

she's very funny in her variety shows, hope she does as well in dramas

yes this the new girl that acted in the new role! im not a big fan of her but hope she do well

thats great that she has new opportunity to play a role different than before. Don't like how TVB always gives the same people the same type of characters.

I like seeing her in dramas, she seems to have potential, but TVB never gave her the chance. Glad she is getting it now! Compared to Sisley, I definitely like Ali better.

i watched some of that series (with wayne lai) where she played mistress, and i have to say she did a pretty good job especially since tvb is lacking so many actresses. wish her a lot of luck!

her acting is not bad, though i have reseves about sisley through the recent drama

I like Ali, i think she's really pretty and her third-party roles are good from previous dramas. It's good that TVB's giving her a great opportunity!

Edited by Ang31Monica3D