Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

148 posts in this topic

Source: Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

flkod2.jpg

Ali Lee settles down from third-party roles; climbs up to female lead in new drama

TVB's new generation "third-party foxy spirit", Ali Lee, has been filming drama after drama. Having played many "third party" characters, this time, in new drama "Trendy Leader", she finally "settles" down and climbs up the ladder, playing a socialite as the female lead of the drama; along with good 'sister' Sisley Choi, who has also been heavily promoted. Ali accepted an interview yesterday and said: "Actually I don't know that I'm the female lead, nor do I know what my character is yet, but to me, no matter what character it is, I will do it well. I've joined TVB for three years, and I've filmed many different dramas. From having only two scenes, to two episodes, till now, I've been improving step by step. If the company arranges such a good role for me, I will be very happy. My hard work hasn't been wasted."

Speaking of Sisley Choi saying that Ali is her "goddess", Ali replied: "I am very good friends with Sisley, no matter in private or at work, we are good sisters." Regarding the drama having a lot of actresses, being given a lead role so fast, will she be worried that others will be jealous or that there may be a lot of rumours? She laughed: "They aren't people who spread rumours. From what I know of them, they are people who work hard."

"Trendy Leader" will start filming in May. The drama's cast include Moses Chan, Him Law, Ali Chan and Sisley Choi. Past Miss Hong Kong pageant contestants, Veronica Shiu, Whitney Hui, Leanne Li, Vivien Yeo, Lisa Chong and Jacqueline Chong will also take part in the drama. The plot will revolve around a trendy magazine publishing company, with Moses playing the head director. Him Law plays a male model while Sisley Choi is the "fashion queen" of Temple Street. Him and Sisley will play a couple once again.

I am glad to hear that she is getting a lead role, she is one of my bias. However, the setting of the drama sounds too familiar. Come on TVB "trendy magazine publishing company" again? 野蠻奶奶大戰戈師奶 already did Elva Magazine. TVB please be more novelty. If you don't have any new ideas, maybe you should hire new producers. TVB, don't be the next ATV.

TVB is giving fresher faces a look into leading in tv series - good move but hopefully their acting is good enough

She looks attractive, hope she gets meatier roles in the future. After all, fresh talent can boost ratings if managed right. The way things are moving, I can see Grace Chan being the top lead.

I like Ali, I think she has a lot of potential. But I don't know if she's ready for a main lead role yet :X

finally she's no longer playing the mistress! looking forward to seeing her play more challenging roles

Never heard of her but she looks quite pretty and a lead role will make her more known.

good for her, ive noticed it her immediately after seeing her in a couple of dramas, good to see her getting some good roles

hope that she act well and have more lead role as tvb is lack of good talent now

I suppose with so many of the "stars" in TVB moving on, they must groom some new people Hope she is up to it I haven't seen her in any show before so can't comment

She seems to be able to act pretty well, maybe I will look forward for her in this new series

i have never seen her before, perhaps her roles were too small for me to have noticed. i'm glad the company is giving more lead roles to new fresh faced newcomers to give them a chance

excited to see ali play a lead role! really like her in dramas!

I don't know this actress. Then again I haven't watch TVB dramas lately.

tvb has really had their hands tied into pushing the younger crew into lead roles with how the other experienced pple leaving...

Tvb need to promote new people. Its good that they give new people chances. That's the only way to create new sparks.

haven't been noticing her.....fresh face and talent is good for viewer and tvb...good luck.....

no choice in hand since some old main actress all selling high venture to movie or mainland market.

I don't recall watching her in a series but I will now pay more attention to her. As for Sisley.. I think she's a horrible actress and can't stand her.

Edited by sahdohsio

hmmm... good to give new people more chances =)

hope she takes the opportunity well!

Honestly I've stopped watching TVB dramas for 6 months now, seriously need new faces