Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Mag Lam exposed to have been abused by ex-boyfriend three times; Denies cheating accusations

188 posts in this topic

Source: HK Channel / Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

vip1yx.jpg

33e28if.jpg

2yxj4sl.jpg

Mag Lam exposed to have been abused by ex-boyfriend three times; Denies cheating accusations

24 year old Mag Lam, had been through many obstalces in the past, from losing her voice, to depression and anorexia. Today, it was exposed that she was abused three times by her first love, Ben. According to sources, Mag and her boyfriend started dated in Form 1, and have been on and off for several years. When Mag first met him, he looked like a refined, gentle boy. But who knew when he reconciled with Mag last year, he completely changed, always worrying that Mag would cheat on him; therefore checking on her all the time. At the end of last year, it was suspected that Mag was abused to the point that she was scared and decided to dump him.

More than a month ago, Ben had posted on Facebook, criticizing his girlfriend of "three crimes", saying she cheated on him three times, always emotionally out of control and never change her mistakes. However, the post did not mention her full name and only referred to the girl as "Miss Lam". He mentioned several times of his suspicions of being given the "green hat" many times. (T/N: meaning got cheated on)

Ben felt that it was hard for girls in the entertainment industry not to be close with other men; therefore he would check on Mag everyday and secretly looked at her phone records. Anytime he saw something "suspicious", he would confront his girlfriend. The two had reconciled last year, and at the time, Mag as seeming diagnosed by depression and anorexia. Ben took leave to accompany Mag, but it is rumoured that he didn't work afterwards, using Mag as an excuse and free-loaded off her 90% mortgaged, 500 square foot flat in Shatin.

Last March, Mag was bruised; the first time she was hit, Mag felt that because the two had a long history, she didn't have the heart to call the police. To save their relationship, the two went on vacation together. However, afterwards, the same situation happened again. The male had promised he wouldn't hit her again, but last October, it happened again, causing a lot of bruises on Mag; her left eye was even swollen.

Mag had grieved to a friend before, saying she did not cheat. In the end, Mag got fed up and broke up with him. According to sources, Mag and Ben had dated before. When Mag entered the industry in 2010, she and Ben broke up for the second time. Last year, when Mag and Sheldon Lo broke up, she and Ben reconciled, but who knew Ben would suddenly change so drastically.

Mag Lam: I cannot endure this any longer

When the media confirmed the situation with Mag, she replied through message and admitted that she and her ex-boyfriend had been through some pushing and shoving. As for cheating, Mag expressed that they are false accusations and that she's tried her best already. She wrote: "We have long years of history, I cannot bear to part with it. I tried many ways. When he was in need, I would help unconditionally. I would try my best to endure it, and tried to change myself. I even tried to prepare a vacation in hope to change our relationship, hoped that we could use happiness to deconflict all the remorse. But in the end, it was all the same, still ended unhappily, even with some pushing and shoving. I can't bear this anymore, I have already tried my best, but it is no use. When I found out he accused me liked that, I felt pained. It's also very scary, I never thought, the opposite of love could be so much hatred."

Sheldon Lo supports Mag, saying she did not cheat

Sheldon Lo, who had dated Mag Lam for 3 years, was asked whether he knew about Mag being abused, he replied: "Very surprised, I don't know about this at all. I went back to Australia for a month as my grandmother passed away. I only returned to Hong Kong last Friday, so I haven't contacted any of my Hong Kong friends."

Sheldon even asked the reporters back to confirm if it's really true, and asked if it could just be an accident. Asked about Mag's first love boyfriend accusing her of cheating, would it be with him? Sheldon said: "Definitely not me. I don't know about her past, I have a girlfriend now, I've told the public already."

Does he trust Mag? Sheldon: "No matter what the truth is, if the man did it on purpose, no matter if it's true or not, it is wrong. Because this is their personal matter and will affect others. Plus, it affects Mag a lot because she is in this industry. Abuse is wrong, a man should not do that." Sheldon Lo expressed that he doesn't know Ben, but trusts that Mag wouldn't cheat. However, he did not respond to whether he and Mag are still friends.

Mag Lam: Don't want to talk about it anymore

Yesterday, Mag indirectly admitted the news: "Thank you for everyone's concern. It is already in the past, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Plus, this is a matter between us, I just hope that we can look forward. I won't make any more comments or explanations because I don't want to hurt him. He is not in this industry, so I hope everyone can let him go. Plus I also don't want to get hurt again. Thank you once again for everyone's care and concern."

this is really bad. why did she put up so long with him?

dump him straight way is way to go. once a beater always a beater people dont change. they can try to surpress but ultimately they will lose and revert since it's human nature

wow this is physical abuse, the guy needs to be arrested!!

damn, that's terrible. no one should have to endure that. the ex sounds psycho!

Hope she isn't bothered too much by all the news. From her past she can be affected really fast, but that's showbizz.

Its never right to beat or abuse a girl....I hope she can move on from here

that's so messed up.

people shouldn't be hitting others and leaving marks... play hitting, fine... but jeez... this is awful.

wow...she can do better..as a woman...i believe she is much stronger than she thinks...

Poor kid. The guy shld be ashamed of his behaviour. Under no circumstances shld a guy ever hit a girl.

poor girl no one deserves to be beaten up by someone wh o supposedly cares for them

wow. if he abused me the first time, i would've ended things right then and there. women should not be treated like this

I'm with sheldon "no matter what a male lay his hand on a female like that is wrong" I strongly agree with that. Even through she cheat on him he has no right to abuse her like that. All he can do is break up with her and continue with his life. He really need some physical thearphy.

thats horrible to see that she was abused.

its good she dumped him. He might have been psychologically unstable...

that's some crazy beating, never go with a man who beats girls

Domestic violence is not tolerated, hope the best for mag

wowwwwwww, this is soooo stupid. man like this deserve to be dump by gal forever.. they dont deserve a gal.. damn it

I agree with Sheldon's views - a male should never physically abuse a female regardless of the provocation unless it's for self defense i.e. the female is attacking him with a weapon. Mag should've walked away from the relationship the first time it happened but sadly most trapped in this kind of abusive relationship tend to make excuses for their partner because of love. If Mag is my daughter I think I may hit her ex-bf it whatever place he hit my daughter up even though getting even is not a solution. Parents do not bring up their children to be subject to abuse by another. If there is no trust, better to break up instead of being suspicious and hitting someone for no good reason.

Jelousy is very dangerous, hope she don't go back with him. No matter what, a man must not hit a woman.

It's about time she left him. Maybe once is forgivable but after the second time, she should have ran out of that relationship. He sounds like a freeloading loser so good riddance!

Poor girl, as many girls she is unluncky living this kind of man. just not enough brave to face problem another way but violenctng women. He should be pursuied for this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0