Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

G.E.M. booed for speaking Mandarin at Las Vegas concert

182 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts Hong Kong

gem_tang_singing_0.jpg

Hong Kong pop star G.E.M. performed at the Venetian in Las Vegas on Saturday night. According to Apple Daily, concertgoers report that G.E.M. was heckled by audience members for speaking mostly in Mandarin throughout the show. "You are a Hongkonger!" they reportedly shouted. Some attendees also claimed that she was singing off-key.

On Sunday G.E.M. posted a message on her Facebook page saying she’ll “never give up” no matter how difficult the road ahead becomes. The Shanghai-born Hong Kong singer, currently on her second world tour, has been very popular since her 2008 debut EP.

Why does it even matter? She's an entertainer and has talent to show. More than a lot of the famour 'singers' out there

does it really matter what language she used to speak? It is her choice of freedom.

its tough to hear your fans boo at you. i hope she stays strong

Haters just had to make or find something to talk bad about someone.. Cant wait for her to come to chicago in november..

fans are quite harsh. but i do hope she does sing more canto songs.

i'm not sure why people make it such a big deal ... it's just a language. maybe GEM is trying to promote herself in a different route... i mean, she is born in shanghai ... she is a great singer, i dont see why she should be penalized for speaking mandarin.

she and her manager really should sit down and think about what has happened. She is young and fearless cause she is famous but that's not going to last forever. She is not the ONLY singer that sings well. Personally I don't listen to her songs, no particular reason just don't find her songs attractive anyways.

damn does it matter what she speaks though. poor girl but singing off key is bad

good luck...... enjoy your tour... there must be good support

At least she can speak Mandarin ( and who knows maybe even Cantonese ). I can't and i can't even sing off key. so G.E.M. can do more then me and she looks cuter so i won't say anything bad about her

Edited by Doraemon1971

at a las vegas- one would assume that you would speak english to the crowd- but if the crowd is mostly cantonese- then she should have done her research and also speak her mother tongue rather than show off

hmm...interesting to see fans booing just cause of the language she use. maybe she should of sing and talk all in English heh

No matter which language she speaks, her songs are still my favourite.

is there a roblem speaking in alanguage most people understand.....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0