Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zxcvbn333

HKTV Series... here's my thoughts... wanna share yours?

35 posts in this topic

Been watching the ONCE UPON A SONG series. Seems to feel good about it because of the unexpected twists and turns in the series. Let's see how it ends.

Also watching "THE ELECTION". Felt the script writers did a lot of research on politicians across the globe to produce such an intense brawl between the candidates/actors.

"TO BE OR NOT TO BE" - a nice drama to see both sides of the spectrum between Mainlanders & Hong Kong Residents. It's nice to see how certain issues collide and also coexist with one another.

"BORDERLINE" - biggest complain is the last episode. Those that's seen probably know what I meant when the CLOWN jumps out for an advertising during an intense scene. It's definitely memorable, both on the good and bad side.

Others please weigh in. So far I have a good vibe with their series so far. Let me know if I'm alone on this feeling or with someone.

the pictures and lighting all look great, but so far the series seem long

Definitely concur with cherish173. Also, been noticing it's the same second/third tier actors/actresses on many of the series. Kinda get mixed up with their roles when you are watching two different series at once.

I saw a lot previews of all the new series on HKTV and they all look really dark and serious... which I guess is a great change to the regular predictable tvb stuff, but they all look very depressing to watch with the exception of Once Upon a Song and a couple of other ones.

Some of the actors are from TVB, maybe they have migrated there or doing freelancing. Anyway, they seems to be given bigger roles and lots more to say in HKTV than in TVB. There is no much of a difference between the acting quality. They are just as good. I am currently watching Borderline and I must say that the storyline is quite good so far. I might be missing something but I do find the story quite original which add a little bit of spark. It is also refreshing to watch new faces from HKTV. In Borderline, I find that the lightings are well done, maybe they have invested in new equipments, I dunno but it is definetely better than those of ATV.

In my opinion, hktv is still pretty new compared to tvb so the jury is still out on whether they will be able to give tvb some real competition on the quality of their dramas but since apparently their management has invested a lot especially in enticing a lot of formerrors tvb artistes into their own stable so I guess they will probably take over as the no. 1 tv station in Hong Kong which I guess is currently held by tvb

It's still too early yet. So far HKTV is trying very hard to attract the audience to watch their programmes. Thing is on a long run can they put up the same effort? What happen if they don't have enough income or capital to produce more quality programmes to keep up?

so far i only seen To be or not to be, I like it however HKTV system is not so organized as TVB

Generally I think HKTV spends more time on research for their drama and they are trying very hard to be different compare to TVB in producing drama. I watched 'to be or not to be' and when I start watching 'once upon a song' I stopped after few episodes because it also feature 2 sisters conflicts and how their relation gets better and bla bla bla, not the same type but quite similar in my opinion.

The election is good but 1 episode/week is too slow and the ending is like ....

Ok, I have just finished watching Borderline and I can safely say that this drama is watchable and definitely above average. Not only is the story different it is also loaded with educational values.

I can say lots of efforts have been put forth by the cast and the entire team to make HKTB shines on its debut. Well lets hope that HKTB can acheive great success in the near future and be a strong competitor to tvb . They may be second best at the moment but one thing is for sure, they will certainly try harder.

What happen to all the good TVB series for the past 2 years? I probably watched only 4 series in the past 2 years.

Overrated TV series, I mean, is it better than TVB, not really considered so much hype was put into it, crap vs crap.

what is going on with tvb series nowadays? the plot of recent series are not that good. rating is so low now.

what HKTV try to do now is do something unique, but if too unique it may not feel majority of audience.

To me, HKTV is a reflection of ATV's approach towards TV Series. Although their cast is filled with former TVB stars, it is simply not the same and wrong approaches.

if they(hktv) makes ancients drama or gambling genre i will sure watch it modernizing the the scence with the same actors and actress is not going to be interesting.

Its embarrassing that a developed Metro country like Hong Kong would only have 2 OTA Tv stations...

i Can see the quality of the filming is much better than tvb. but I am not used to the type of story line.

I have just finished watching To Be or not to be. Without giving any spoilers all I can say is that this drama is worth watching Maggie Cheung, Poon Chan Leung and Prudence Liew were simply great in this drama. Though I have never watched Poon Chan Leung act before, I am kinda of surprised by his acting talent. The role he played was not an easy task but somehow he nailed it. He gave a five star performance and worthy for a best actor award.The same can also be said of Prudence Liew. She handled her role extremely well and with relative ease. She is a professional not only great in acting but singing too. Wow.

I wish they had more series and were given the license. The production quality is much better. The cinematography is great. Lighting, different shots/angles, colors. What is a hit or miss though is the stories. So far I've completed one series watching another one. The Borderline started out very good and then fizzled out.

"The Election" is a pretty good series. But I did not watch the whole thing. TVB will not make this kind of series.