Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Daniel Wu leads American series "Badlands", an adaptation to "Journey to the West"

157 posts in this topic

Source: Chinatimes / Deadline

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

x0wi12.jpg

Daniel Wu leads American series "Badlands", an adaptation to "Journey to the West"

American cable channel AMC recently announced that they will be producing a martial arts drama, based on Chinese tale "Journey to the West", named "Badlands" (tentative title). The male lead of this short series will be Daniel Wu, a character named "Sunny". He will also be serving as an executive producer along with Stephen Fung.

According to sources, the drama will be loosely based on the Chinese ancient myth, "Journey to the West". However, the adaptation will be quite different from the original story that it may be hard to see shadows of the original story. The plot describes Daniel Wu's character, Sunny as a warrior with high martial art skills, and will create a team with a little boy. They will find enlightenment through a journey filled with obstacles. There are rumours that as the executive producers, Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung will be bringing in their martial arts team to the series.

Other cast of the series include Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger and Oliver Stark. The director will be David Dobkin. "Badlands" is created by writers-showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, Smallville). They will also be on the executive producer team with Stephen, Daniel, David Dobkin, Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher.

"Badlands" will be a 6 episode series.

this is going to be interesting even if I probably won't be watching it

I'll I give it a try. Journey to the West is China's equivalent to The Odessey.

all the best to Daniel! Hope it's a good series to watch =)

Ohh.. that's gonna be interesting to watch. Wonder if its gonna be in english?

sound exciting only cause daniel wu and stephen fung will be in it. Its good seeing more chinese people in american dramas.

Positive that the story will flop, it is impossible for american to re-create a classic tale. Totally impossible

Edited by erict1628
Duplicate message

interesting, wonder how they'll adapt it! and nice to see them represent!

Hopefully it will come close to being as good as the Walking Dead on AMC

this will be interesting to watch, cant for it..

daniel english is better than his cantonese if im correct O_O!

Great news I hope this will be a hit in north America.

well this is going to be very interesting. I hope its going to be good.

It would be interesting to see a new take on Journey to the West. Too bad it's only 6 episodes... Hope they make it longer. :P

Wow this is great . I thought Daniel is taking a sabbatical from entertainment industry ..

this sounds exciting! I love Daniel Wu smile.gif!! I hope its good and gets a renewal. Would love to see him in primetime US TV often!

oh this is exciting! can't wait to see how this will turn out

This should be good, with so many films being done on "Journey to the West," I have gotten sick of all the recent bad ones done, so it'll be interesting to see how loosing they will interpret it from the original. It's 6 episodes but if it does well, you can expect more.

The best Journey to the West was the one with Dicky always. it sounds like this one will not even be like Journey to the West...they're just using the title.

Hoping this will be good because havent seen any good asian themed show made in the US. The Walking Dead is really good so hope this is the same (as good).

Argh another azn concept filmed with crappy white people how annoying

I cant wait for this new series , it's good to see something new.

Seems they made alot of different version of Journey to the West,aka monkey king...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0