Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Daniel Wu leads American series "Badlands", an adaptation to "Journey to the West"

157 posts in this topic

Source: Chinatimes / Deadline

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

x0wi12.jpg

Daniel Wu leads American series "Badlands", an adaptation to "Journey to the West"

American cable channel AMC recently announced that they will be producing a martial arts drama, based on Chinese tale "Journey to the West", named "Badlands" (tentative title). The male lead of this short series will be Daniel Wu, a character named "Sunny". He will also be serving as an executive producer along with Stephen Fung.

According to sources, the drama will be loosely based on the Chinese ancient myth, "Journey to the West". However, the adaptation will be quite different from the original story that it may be hard to see shadows of the original story. The plot describes Daniel Wu's character, Sunny as a warrior with high martial art skills, and will create a team with a little boy. They will find enlightenment through a journey filled with obstacles. There are rumours that as the executive producers, Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung will be bringing in their martial arts team to the series.

Other cast of the series include Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger and Oliver Stark. The director will be David Dobkin. "Badlands" is created by writers-showrunners Al Gough and Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, Smallville). They will also be on the executive producer team with Stephen, Daniel, David Dobkin, Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher.

"Badlands" will be a 6 episode series.

Great news to see some Asian American representin on the silver screen. And congrats to both Stephen and Daniel on the project! Hope it'll be a hit! Daniel, Stephen and Badlands add oil!

this sounds exciting! I love Daniel Wu :)!! I hope its good and gets a renewal. Would love to see him in primetime US TV often!

I am excited to see their interpretation of Journey to the West. AMC has been airing quality shows so I have high expectations for Badlands....hope it does well!

As much as I am excited to see another interpretation of Journey to the West. That fact that it'll be loosely based, though, is off putting. Granted it's going to be 6 episodes so it should be a great 6 episodes. Good move AMC.

really another journey to the west, there have been so many adaptations of this lately

not sure how I feel about this...I can't think of any western interpretations of Chinese stories ever going well...

not bad boys moving up in places// good luck and ill make sure i have a look at the series when it airs

peace out

It really not about the story but the lesson and morals you learn. Will be look forward for this.

is this going to be a modern version? how interesting ! Hope this series will be good ! but so short only 6 episode

Oh wow this sure is going to be interesting! Very in love with Daniel and Stephen, hope to see great things!

I think it would be interesting. There are multiple representations of Journey to the West. Hope it turns out good since aired in the America.

This is great news, it's great to see that American media companies are getting interested in hiring Asians.

daniel wu and stephen fung combination. Definitely a combination worth waiting for.

Starting a 6 episode series on AMC is a great start. Story sounds OK. I really hope Daniel Wu and the rest of the crew has alot of success with this series.

Daniel Wu seems to have landed in a juicy piece of work. Good for him

Love them all. Keep up the good work. Good luck. Do more series and drama. And act in more movies.

Great news. Love to see that more and more Asians showing up on American big screen. Daniel Wu is such as great actor.

danielll!!!!!!! finally a hong kong actor doing an american show

AMC, home of many good shows, award-winning shows. will definitely draw many people's attention.

This sounds like it could be interesting. Hope it does well so that it'll open more doors for Asians.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0