Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh crowned TV King and Queen at TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014

244 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun / Oriental Daily

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

v75ddx.jpg

2uixm4l.jpg

df7ml4.jpg

rirck3.jpg

34q70o0.jpg

wj7x5e.jpg2qn753c.jpg

Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh crowned TV King and Queen at TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014

This year's TVB King and Queen will be revealed on December 15th, when the TVB Anniversary Awards are held. Last night was the "pre-battle" at "TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014", held in the Arena of Stars in Genting Highlands. Before the "real battle", Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh took the first dibs, and became double awarded TVB King and Queen (as they also won Fave Character awards). As for drama, "Line Walker", it swept a total of 12 awards, become the biggest winner of the night!

Yesterday night, TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 was held in Genting Highlands, Malaysia at the Arena of Stars. TVB siu sangs and fa dans including Charmaine Sheh, Roger Kwok, Linda Chung, Kate Tsui, Bosco Wong, Tavia Yeung, Him Law, Ruco Chan, Selena Li and Kenneth Ma, etc. attended in high fashion. Because this awards ceremony is seen as a pre-battle to the TVB Anniversary Awards in December, plus there were close to 200,000 votes in this year's results, the ceremony was highly anticipated!

"Ding Jeh" sweet talks

Charmaine Sheh's popularity rose once again after returning to TVB with her character in "Line Walker". Her outstanding performance in the show became a hot topic in the city, and is seen as the likely winner for TV Queen this year!

Charmaine Sheh wore a white night gown and showed up with Ruco Chan, one of the popular picks for TV King. Last month, she was crowned TV Queen at the Starhub TVB Awards in Singapore. This time, she was successful once again, and won "My Favourite TVB Actress in a Leading Role", beating the other hot favourite, Linda Chung. On stage, she said: "I didn't film a (TVB) drama for close to two years. So scared that you guys would forget me, but you didn't!" And even exposed some hard times while filming the drama: "Sammy got hurt, a lot of people were also sick, but everyone still stuck through it to complete it, because the motivation behind us is you guys!" She also sweet talked and told the audience to continue supporting TVB. Before winning "TV Queen", she had already won one of the "My Favourite TVB Drama Character" awards; therefore meaning she is a double award TV Queen!

On the other side, Roger Kwok's "evil" performance in "Black Heart, White Soul" shined in the audience's eyes and is one of the hot favourites for TV King; competing against Ruco Chan to be the "Malaysian TV King"! Roger, who had louder cheers, first took one of the "My Favourite TVB Drama Character" awards with his character, Matthew Ko in "Black Heart White Soul". Afterwards, he also successfully took home "My Favourite TVB Actor" to become a double award TV King! Before leaving for Malaysia, he had expressed that he hopes to claim the TV King award. When he went on stage to accept his award, he loudly yelled "Thank you!" He had been crowned TV King in 2003 and 2005 with his character as Ah Wong in the "Square Pegs" series. This year, he was successful once again. Becoming a 3 time TV King, he said "so scared" twice on stage, and even exposed that he broke down and cried before: "Really scared, really difficult to get this a third time. Need people's votes to get this too! When I filmed the drama, I didn't do it for awards. After it aired, the response was very good, so I felt that there was a chance! Especially when my TVB colleagues praised me, I immediately ran to the washroom and cried - so happy that I cried!" He also thanked his family and laughed saying: "When I go home, I don't use my "evil" expression to them!"

"Line Walker" was the big winner of the night

Another hot topic of the awards is the My Favourite TVB Drama awards, which was taken home by "Line Walker". They were also last night's biggest winner, taking a total of 12 awards - including, "Favourite Actress", "Favourite Drama", "Most Improved Actor/Actress", "Favourite TV Theme Song", "Favourite Supporting Actor/Actress", etc.! This year, the ceremony also added a "Lifetime Achievement Award", to commemorate the veteran actors who put a lot of into the TV industry. This award was awarded to Lau Kong and Law Lan.

Also, when Kenneth Ma and Selena Li were awarded the "My Favourite TV Drama Characters" together for "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain", the TVB Entertainment Channel suddenly lost signal, so fans were unable to see their award acceptance and speeches.

Additional Photos:

Spoiler:

vo0fg6.jpg

2r26j2q.jpg

14kl05k.jpg

2s16bgl.jpg

23mtrut.jpg

axjz9z.jpg

2pzac7m.jpg

congratulations roger kwok. its about time he get another award :D

congrats to Roger Kwok. Knew he would be the winner. Expected Chaimaine to get the TV Queen Award too.

Both were certainly deserving of their respective awards. Great series and great acting by Roger and Charmaine and was especially refreshing to see both back on TVB screens after a brief hiatus.

Congratulations to them both! Im happy Charmaine got another award, she deserves it! =D

Congrats to all the winners. Lets hope TVB can give these people better scripts which in turn will help increase viewership.

Congrats Charmaine! I am quite surprised Roger won though. I expected Ruco since his popularity is quite high in Malaysia. Nonetheless, congrats to Roger!

Congratulations to Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh, they both deserve the awards!

Congrats to Charmaine for the award! Her performance was truly awesome, TVB has really missed her. Continue the good work!

congrats to all the winners. charmine character is pretty refreshing in line walker

congratulations to every winner! i'm happy with the results and can't wait until the tvb award ceremony! All the cast from line walker deserves the awards!

Congratz everyone that receive a award. Im so happy charmaine won the leading actress she deserve it. Your my fav actress we will never forget you even if u leave tvb. Well done I will continue supporting you :)

Glad that Roger Kwok won the TV King award. Congratulations to him.

Glad Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh won....they deserve the awards!

congrats too all the winners. they all deserved it and worked so hard for it.

Congrat to roger and Charmaine I hope ray lam win the tvb king award a least

Raymond, snubbed everywhere when it comes to acting. He's never really close to the awards, is he? I guess he should just focus on music and do acting on the side now lol. Which is sad, since he's been acting for so many years. Ever since the Threshold of an Era time. His acting is pretty good too if you ask me. He can play versatile characters. I really do think he should have gotten at least a best actor award.

Congratulations to all winners. The most exciting moments was when they announce the special surprise guest i.e. Andy Lau.

such an honour to have him there last night in this celebration .

Congratulations to Roger and Charmaine. The awards are well deserved.

I am so thrill that Charmaine won the award and I hope she will get a TV queen and bring it home!!!! And congrats again all the winner!!!!

Congrats to the winners! I'm so happy and glad that Charmaine won the award Because she was really good. Roger did well too, however, I wished Raymond won the award since he did a good job in line walker too. Raymond and Charmaine should have won on screen couple though because they had a nice chemistry together in line walker. I hope Raymond Lam can win something for his acting skills one day. He certainly deserves recognition for his hard work and talents.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0