Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jingabel

HK series

34 posts in this topic

How do you feel about HK movies compared to the late 80's early 90's?

I grew up watching HK series and sad to say they are going down hill. Maybe time have changed but a lot of their series are either with the same ppl or just pointless. I can't recall when is the last time I saw a decent series. Some are too dramatic, some just don't have a point or good storyline. I hope they get better script writers and also promote decent actors not just Miss HK etc. Like Hollywood, there are plenty or ppl who are not the best looking but are great actors. It's just so unprofessional how they choose their actors 99% of the time.

Oh and the movies, terrible! Totally pointless! I much rather watch the older series/movies than the newer ones.

Moved from general chat

Edited by R.E.D
Moved topic

One should not watch every drama that TVB produces and airs ... the rule of thumb is to pick and choose which series is good to watch ... lately the Executioner with Kenny Wong in it by far seems to be a pretty good drama ... I have just finished watching Condor Heroes 1995, it was a pretty well-done series in terms of production and acting abilities ... Lee Tim Shing was an excellent director and producer. :) :72:

Yes I agree that hkg movies are going downhill especially the comedy types. Most of them are really not funny and does not make sense.  Gosh how I missed Stephen chow and Michael hui's movies. However for tvb series, I disagree that they are going downhill. There are so many contemporary series that I enjoyed watching. Yes they are some which are really really bad but most of them are generally good and watchable. Long live tvb.

The recent TVB series are not as good as those made in China. The ending seems more logical, not as weird

I enjoy older series too. The stories and acting are much better. Too bad many of the old actors are not acting anymore.

I like the old style Hong Kong Movies the best.  I am not a big fan of the new stuff.

I love TVB series too, it's kinda hard to always have new ideas.  Sometimes I like the really intense serious emotional ones but sometimes it's nice to also have some chillax ones where you can just waste your time on. :)

I feel that most TVB series ending are rush, it does not feel right, very disappointing.

I feel that most TVB series ending are rush, it does not feel right, very disappointing. In movies, i like the early 80's and 90's It seem and feel more meaningful then the the movies that is coming out now.  Most Hong Kong movies that is coming out now has no message or meaning in it.

I miss those day TVB series, now everything is the same old same old...nothing special to talk about 

some of the newer series are a little pointless. but tvb's genres have seem to be the same and the plots seem to be very predictable. 

I also feel they're going downhill.  Many good actors/actress went to China to develop their career and some newcomers just can't make it.  The plot is also very predictable, kind of boring to watch.

I feel like the 80s dramas were more original and better storylines.  The ones today seem to be just pretty people. 

TVB dramas have gotten progressively worse through the years. The older generation seems to have enjoyed better quality dramas and more talented casts. The new casts and stories have not captivated our interests. It's sad as we used to love TVB and watch it together as a family during dinnertime and evenings... Hope TVB will improve and nurture some good quality actors/actresses vs. focus on introducing new faces without talent.