Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jingabel

HK series

34 posts in this topic

How do you feel about HK movies compared to the late 80's early 90's?

I grew up watching HK series and sad to say they are going down hill. Maybe time have changed but a lot of their series are either with the same ppl or just pointless. I can't recall when is the last time I saw a decent series. Some are too dramatic, some just don't have a point or good storyline. I hope they get better script writers and also promote decent actors not just Miss HK etc. Like Hollywood, there are plenty or ppl who are not the best looking but are great actors. It's just so unprofessional how they choose their actors 99% of the time.

Oh and the movies, terrible! Totally pointless! I much rather watch the older series/movies than the newer ones.

Moved from general chat

Edited by R.E.D
Moved topic

Production lately seems to be very slow, I think most of the cast role are wrongly placed as well.

At some points I think you are right. I do not know how long TVB has been in existence but I have been a longtime fan of tvb dramas. I remembered watching the first tvb drama "Man in the Net" and I have never stopped since. Then it was the 70s and now we are in the new century so you can imagine how many dramas tvb has produced. I am sure they have portrayed all kinds of real life experiences in the blue screen that why sometimes certain scenes are similar in nature. Talking about deja vu , ha ha. I think TvB should be brave enough and move forward to a new direction. As it is , there is a dearth of sports, ghost or monster dramas. If it is well produced, am sure it will go down well with the audience. Just compare the new Godzilla with the one from yester years. The new Godzilla kept me glued to my seat as it is so life like. TVB should consider producing something different

Story lines of movies and tv show from 80s compare to 90s and now is very different, now days the story line is basic and so predictable with a lot of the ending of the show rushed.

I believe older movies usually have a moral to the story but modern days seems to end leaving the audience wondering if that's the ending.

there's too much in the plot that I feel the script isn't pulling forward a better way to express the true storyline. Most times, the ending is what drives you out of the world because you are pulling hair to figure out what the plot is.

of late, new series stories are not that interesting & don't seems to hold the attention of audience to stay till the end.

I agree that recent HK Serial is going down hill. I guess, they need to groom new people for the better serials

Acting should be a natural ability that artists perform in front of the camera ... if someone doesn't like to act and is not willing to learn how to act, then television company (in this case TVB) should not waste financial resources and precious time to train or teach that person how to perform on the TV screen. The storyline or plot of today's TVB dramas are way too predictable and they're not interesting or intriguing enough to captivate the audiences' attention. :76:

Edited by kenixkwok

It is definitely not as good as in 2012 or 2013. It is not as exciting as before anymore. Hopefully they are improving in near future

Whole year there are only few TVB drama which is good..The rest so so only..nothing to watch then can consider watching

I think they have improve with the story line but unfortunately their ending is always very weird

Some series in this year is better than last year but the ending seem a bit confusing/weird

It's basically the same blueprint with different characters anyway, I hardly focus on them anymore, they are more for watching on the side, it's pretty sad.

Production lately seems to be very slow, I think most of the cast role are wrongly placed as well.

Recently I have watched the Hongkong TV Drama named The Election. The story is great. It is talking about the politics and how dark it is to be a politician. There are many old known-named actors and actresses. I like the drama. Going fighting! Hongkong TV dramas.

cannot agree more that tvb has gone downhill. same thing over and over but with different cast. i have taken a like for korean drama instead and find it alot more entertaining. nowadays i just kind of have it on in the background.

yes, it's going down hill because some of the new actors and actresses acting are not so good but the technology somewhat help the movie not so boring as if you watch the old movies.

China Series are so much better these days especially the ancient war series, great story and pictures.

I find the new dramas are really interesting with the new ccharacters

where can i find the english subtitle for lord of shanghai? please email me at nln.bsee@yahoo.com

Definitely agree! Lately all tvb shows are so bad...nothing interesting and the casts are horrible. It sad how they lose all the talented artist. Only the bad artists are left to do their job...smh I'm slowing withdrawing from watching tvb =(