Followers 0
aZnangel

[TVB-M] Never Dance Alone - 女人俱樂部 [2014]

271 posts in this topic

66323ee5jw1ef77bbdwe3j20cd0hswho.jpg

Chinese Title: 女人俱樂部

English Title: Never Dance Alone

Genre: Metropolis, Friendship, Inspirational

Producer: Eric Tsang, Joe Chan (Ghetto Justice II, Triumph in the Skies II)

Production: June - November 2013

Episodes: 32

BROADCAST: APRIL 28, 2014

Cast

Carmen Lee

Loletta Lee

Flora Chan

Angie Cheong

Gloria Yip

Elvina Kong

Fennie Yuen

Lawrence Ng

Lawrence Cheng

Jerry Koo

Joe Tay

Cheronna Ng@Super Girls

Kandy Wong@SugerClub

Annice Ng@AOA

Anjaylia Chan

Winki Lai@HotCha

Venus Wong

Jeannie Chan

Eliza Sam

Amigo Chui

Stanley Cheung

Pal Sin

Koni Lui

The Skinny

An adaptation of Korean film

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
(써니/陽光姐妹淘). A story about classmates from the 80s reuniting years later and centers around the popular 80s aerobics trend. In Eric Tsang's first-ever production, seven gorgeous stunners present a story with laughter and tears interweaving, where they recap dreams and leap into the future.

Synopsis

MO SIU-SZE (Carman Lee) leads an ordinary married life with her husband WONG KWOK-LEUNG (Lawrence Cheng), and is often bullied by her ferocious mother-in-law WONG CHIU WING-MUI (Miu Kam Fung) for no reason. One day, coincidentally, she spots a leaflet from "Cyndi Dance Studio", evoking her memories of the good old days in high school. In those days she loved writing and organized "MCLUB" together with the others. They included CHU LEI (Loletta Lee), who was often mocked for her accent, LAW FUNG-SIN (Elvina Kong), who is enthusiastic about dancing, nosy LUK YUEN-CHAU (Fennie Yuen), precocious HUI CHUN-LEI (Angie Cheong) and superstitious LEUNG KAM-YIN (Gloria Yip), all vowing to stay united and never drift apart. However, more than twenty years have passed, the group disbanded and they went their separate ways and they are no more that young. When dreams and reality collide, the only thing left is nostalgia except for FUNG-SIN. She continues to pursue her dreams of dancing. Due to an accident, she is hospitalized, leading to a reunion of her bosom buddies. While striving to safeguard the "Cyndi Dance Studio" for their friend, they run into their archrival, campus belle YUNG DAN-DAN (Flora Chan), whose "D Fitness" turns out to be a formidable foe for the "Cyndi Dance Studio". With SIU-SZE re-encountering her first love YIU CHI-LUN (Lawrence Ng), CHU LEI reflects on the past ranging from ruining their relationship on the sly to giving birth to her daughter as a result of a premarital pregnancy, and all sorts of feelings well up in CHU LEI's heart...... Having gone through all these, their vitality, courage, passion and confidence that seemingly disappeared have just been reignited......

Info

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Carmen Lee and Lawrence Cheng are married. Lawrence loves his wife and his mother. She finds her former classmates, such as Lawrence Ng. She has to face her husband, daughter and face confrontation with her mother-in-law; Loletta Lee is a villain, she's pitiful, but has the spirit of Ah Q. She has a relationship with Joe Tay; Elvina Kong has an obsession for dancing. She meets Carmen on the streets again, which triggers her memories of the olden days when she and her girl friends were in the dance class together. Meeting her girl friends again years later, she discovers they had all gave up on their dreams, except for her, who continues to pursue her dreams; Flora Chan is the CEO and the spokesperson of Aerobic Club. She is a very successful and wealthy perfectionist, but she looks down on others and is very unhappy with her girl friends; Fennie Yuen is a high official, she's really strict and talks in a bureaucratic tone and never talks about her background. As a young woman, she was actually very outgoing, but her personality was impacted by one incident. She has two sons, but she rarely gets to see them. She was married, then divorced and had an extramarital affair; Angie develops a "sister-brother" relationship with 6Wing@FAMA, 15 years her junior. He sees her as a beautiful elder sister and a goddess, while she's looking for her youth and wants an energetic life again.

neverdancealone.map.aeu.jpg

PROMOTIONAL CLIPS

Spoiler:
SALES PRESENTATION 2014

I hope this series is good I can't wait to watch it.

initially i thought this is such a silly series.. but after watching it for a while.. the storyline quite meaningful.. and quite nice.. not bad a show..

Can't believe this series has finished already. Such a good drama

This series was surprisingly quite entertaining especially flora chan and her 'oh please'.

The storyline of this series is quite different from the other TVB series, not a bad one, but dragged on a bit too long.

Thought this show would be boring since all the leads are from the past. But surprisingly, this show was quite funny and interesting. I liked how the show showed the past and present of the leads.

i thought this was an interesting series, something different than the usual TVB series and with different actors and actresses, makes it better in a way

thank you for this info. I cant wait to watch it. I have been waiting for show for months!!!

Surprisingly enough, I really enjoyed this series. I'm usually more into action, but there was a depth to this that was quite interesting.

Hope to see Flora in more TVB series. This was a very meaningful story. Loved it!

This show was really funny especially towards the end whereby the friend of Xiao Shi's brother who fell in love at first sight with Xiao Shi's friend, Jenny. The way he said that she looks like the 'Choi Yew' from the Kindred Spirit was really amusing. The plot was also nice to travel between the younger and older versions of the M Club.

This series turns out better than I expected. Not bad. Enjoy watching it.

Very funny.

One of the best in the last decade, if not the best. :D :D :D

this tvb definitely exceeded my expectations. wasn't expecting too much from the show at first, but it ended up very cute storyline

between all the actress back then Loletta is the only who kept good fit. they all still beautiful

very interesting concept from the producers, it's very refreshing to watch

My favorite series of 2014. tvb needs to make more of these shows, instead of the usual cops and undercover stuff.

this series is really good and some of the old actress and actor coming back.