Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sweetdreams888

TVB songs

83 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals,

You may or may not be aware there is an ongoing discussion re the theme song of "Triumph in the skies II" (衝上雲宵II) sung by George Lam (林子祥). Apparently there were 50 complaints on this song after the opening episode, when the song was criticized for having old-fashioned lyrics and out-of-style melodies.

Rumours has it that the producer had recommended Chilam Cheung ("Captain Cool") to sing the theme song

Triumph in the Skies 2 had a record-breaking premiere on Monday, July 15. The first episode captured a 99 % appreciation index score and averaged 32 points, peaking to 35. The second episode averaged 33 points and peaked to 34. Clearly the song didn't hurt its ratings !!

What do you think ?

Do you have another song that you think its worse than this one? :95:

In my humble opinion, I can see why this song was picked. Its a powerful ballad of remembrance and comradery which is what this series is sending out to me (besides the usual TVB cliche storylines).

Ok let me write the first comment. I think some or most people see aviation as a sign of togetherness, getting back to your loved ones, so the song sounds "old fashion" and passionate. Also I guess that some of the older pilots actually also flown in war time, making this a poignant reminder of the past. I believe some of the scenes shot, in particular in England (where I am !) pays tribute to the aviation museum.

Edited by darealtidus

yes i would say the theme song is a bit not so nice

the second song is nothing compared to the first one. it is one of the worst theme song i heard.

if only counting recent years then the theme songs of On Call 36 Hours I & II are my favourites!

i think Triumph in the skies I theme song matched more to the series. the theme song for part 2 didn't mean anything to the series.

they couldve chosen a way better song. worst song chosen in the last year for a series.

most of the tvb theme songs are nice and sing by famous actor or actress...

I think during the TVB Awards they should make an award for Best Theme Song in a series. Some of them are quite good and should be recognized.

However, if you look at "on call 36 hours" and its sequel, it was similar tune sang by Joey (I think), it sounded too similar

honestly the song doesnt really affect whether or not i like the show. but i will agree that the song can make the series more memorable.

not the worst but can be better..they shld use a song that can better fit the series

Seriously I do not think the opening theme sung by George Lam is all that bad. There are some theme songs sung by actors that are even worse. George Lam is a unique professional singer and there is indeed some quality in his rendition. I like the song anyway.

Edited by cadburyho

Recently the best song I heard is from ' Young Charioteers ' that can make tears falling down because of their friendship. tq

it's a good song. But the first one is definitely better

I love all of the tv series theme song I wish they come out a song track for them so I can save time for searching

All the TVB drama song i like it so much especially truimph the skie I sang by Jayden and it match so well with the drama :)

I love almost all the series theme song they are so catchy

But but but Ah Lam is one of the big singer star in history!!!!

Both songs are good, but i prefer the first one. it fit the more better than the second song .

it's really quite bad

Both songs are good for Triumph in the Skies 1 & 2.  I do prefer the original song from Triumph in the Skies by Eason over Chi Lam.  It just sound better.