Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sweetdreams888

TVB songs

83 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals,

You may or may not be aware there is an ongoing discussion re the theme song of "Triumph in the skies II" (衝上雲宵II) sung by George Lam (林子祥). Apparently there were 50 complaints on this song after the opening episode, when the song was criticized for having old-fashioned lyrics and out-of-style melodies.

Rumours has it that the producer had recommended Chilam Cheung ("Captain Cool") to sing the theme song

Triumph in the Skies 2 had a record-breaking premiere on Monday, July 15. The first episode captured a 99 % appreciation index score and averaged 32 points, peaking to 35. The second episode averaged 33 points and peaked to 34. Clearly the song didn't hurt its ratings !!

What do you think ?

Do you have another song that you think its worse than this one? :95:

In my humble opinion, I can see why this song was picked. Its a powerful ballad of remembrance and comradery which is what this series is sending out to me (besides the usual TVB cliche storylines).

Ok let me write the first comment. I think some or most people see aviation as a sign of togetherness, getting back to your loved ones, so the song sounds "old fashion" and passionate. Also I guess that some of the older pilots actually also flown in war time, making this a poignant reminder of the past. I believe some of the scenes shot, in particular in England (where I am !) pays tribute to the aviation museum.

Edited by darealtidus

the theme song and the storyline is going downhill. After 3 eps. I give up on this series already...

I like the first theme song more than this...feel the first one more suitable to the drama

I don't think it's the worst songs, I just think they're way too slow and in a way it doesn't really fit into the sequal.

I do have to say I hated the song when it first aired, but after maybe 10 episodes in I started getting used tot he song. I do however like the theme song from TITS better, much more catchy compared to this version.

i dont hate this song, just feel that this song doesnt match with this drama.

it's not the worst one, but i think it's more suitable for younger singer n cool music one. tq.

i like this song, i'm not a big fans of Lam. the more i heard this song, i like it more.

when i first heared it was annoying lol maybe someone else should of sang it

In fact I like this one better especially you heard it over & over again.

personally.. I would said.. the song was quite good.. in fact it was pretty different comparing to the first series.. Overall, the song was quite nice once you've heard them frequently.. :)

I like this song better than TITS1 themesong sung by Eason. :D

Have listened several times "Triumph in the Sky II", still sucks!!!!!!

when i first heard tis song i find it quite funny...but when u keep listening to it i tink is ok....but still prefer the part 1 theme song...haha...

I think the song by Eason was more suitable. I guess each generation has its preference in song style...

not one of the worst songs but still a pretty awful song, I turn the volume down every time it comes on TV

Kind of see that Tang is leaving the TVB series music scene, I really enjoy his work

the song was good but the performance of the song was not so good. but if they give it to chilam "mr. cool" it may be better.

Love the truimph song part 1 and the part 2 ....part 2 starting not that nice for a time being is ok ...

I think the lyrics of the song is pretty good and it suits the drama series. Should get others to sing the song instead of George Lam. The way he sings the song is like singing for the movie, "Wong Fei Hong".

Triumph in the skies II, I wouldn't say its the worst song. I think it would have been so much better if Chilam sang it

actually most tvb songs are nice....some are v catcy easy to sing along...