34 posts in this topic

f_JumongKRm_48bf3bc.jpg

Title: Jumong - Prince of The Legend

Chinese title : 三韓志-朱蒙篇

Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: 2006-May-15 to 2007-Mar-6

Episodes: 80

CAST

Jumong: King of Goguryeo who won back the skies of the Old Joseon (Actor: Song Il-gook)

So Seo-no: A wise and strong queen (Actress: Han Hye-jin)

Dae Soh: Jealously itself (Actor: Kim Seung-soo)

Geum Wa: An affectionate king (Actor: Jeun Kwang-ryeul)

Yu Hwa: Motherhood of sadness (Actress: Oh Yun-soo)

SYNOPSIS

"Magnitude is about to start."

You are about to go back to the time of Goguryeo, a time which was bigger than now.

'A time when our nation was the most beautiful', 'A time when our nation was the center of the world'. Have you ever met such a time?! dares to journey into a time no one has ever gone back to. The most surprising time in history has come back 2000 years later, a time when the nation made China fall down to their knees and when we fought other nations without any fear.

Meet a hero bigger than the myth.

Alexander, Genghis Khan, we have the hero who overwhelmed his generation and changed history, Jumong! Up to now we have been used to dramas dealing with the history of kings and knights but now we are about to challenge in creating a drama with the birth of a true hero. A name only remembered as a myth. Get ready to meet Jumong, the hero who opened up the skies of the Old Joseon, which was once ours, by fighting thousands and thousands of armies.

Meet the love even bigger than the history.

'Love' seems to be the one common denominator across people of all generations and nations. 'Love' gets swept away with the waves of time and also gets hurt with biased views in societies, but it also creates a new kind of history by wrestling against adversity and the trials of time. True love, which is uncommonly seen in history, is re-drawn through the drama of our once forgotten history.

Through the wisdom and courage of Korea's first queen So Seo-no…

credits to koreandrama

Edited by kcbear

Oh mine looks like a sad ending drama. Thanks for all the post. I think I will put this last since its so looooong a serial and I have so many other old ones to catch up. I was attracted to Jumong when I browse by the DVD shop. Han Hye Jin (Geum Soon) is such a beauty. She attracted me to the drama but the price is very EX due to long serial so I shelf it. Since the ending is sad, I will leave it first (I hate sad ending) ... maybe next time when I have more money.. LOL!

This long drama really takes up much time to dl and watch. However, i like the main actor and actress whom I have seen in terms of endearment and be strong geam soon. Looks like long dramas are usually more interesting than short ones.

great drama, this drama shows how a useless prince later become a almighty king. recommended to watch!

if you have time watch this. especially if you can watch in bunches. the VERY addicting and 80 episode will go fast. one of my top 3 dramas all time after watching 60 dramas.

Absolutely epic! This series is damn elite at a whopping 80+ episodes of over an hour long each.

This series is jam packed with gripping action, political intrigue, and even economic themes. My absolutel favorite Korean historical drama.

If you haven't watched this yet then I suggest you go do so now!!!!!!!!!!!! :72:

Just started watching this and have been enjoying it so far. I find the historical aspect to the quite interesting. It's also good that the writers didn't automatically make Jumong to this perfect prince from the beginning. It's good to see how he struggled to change to become the prince that will unite the ancient kingdom. The king is also such a kind, loyal, and good king. It's too bad that his feelings for Lady Yuhwa is never returned. Hope to continue to enjoy the rest of the series.

just started watching it, but only found 40 episodes so far =\

This is the best korean drama ever....good plots and I am totally hooked on the lead actor... He is very, very good in sageuk dramas

I just finished watching this recently

I can't believe that I didn't watch it when it came out >D !

Song II gook was a really great actor.

I followed to Kingdom of the Wind.

One of the best kdramas.

80 episode is too little to fill my hunger!

Too much episodes, it's really difficult to find for my family, they seem be addicted !!

this drama is good... it's the 1st korea drama that i've tried... through it's long.. but it's worth it :D

I watch this on satellite but it take very long time to finish,

thanks for sharing this

Very nice and interesting storyline. Not a single boring episodes, you have the up and down which makes you want to continue to watch