34 posts in this topic

f_JumongKRm_48bf3bc.jpg

Title: Jumong - Prince of The Legend

Chinese title : 三韓志-朱蒙篇

Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: 2006-May-15 to 2007-Mar-6

Episodes: 80

CAST

Jumong: King of Goguryeo who won back the skies of the Old Joseon (Actor: Song Il-gook)

So Seo-no: A wise and strong queen (Actress: Han Hye-jin)

Dae Soh: Jealously itself (Actor: Kim Seung-soo)

Geum Wa: An affectionate king (Actor: Jeun Kwang-ryeul)

Yu Hwa: Motherhood of sadness (Actress: Oh Yun-soo)

SYNOPSIS

"Magnitude is about to start."

You are about to go back to the time of Goguryeo, a time which was bigger than now.

'A time when our nation was the most beautiful', 'A time when our nation was the center of the world'. Have you ever met such a time?! dares to journey into a time no one has ever gone back to. The most surprising time in history has come back 2000 years later, a time when the nation made China fall down to their knees and when we fought other nations without any fear.

Meet a hero bigger than the myth.

Alexander, Genghis Khan, we have the hero who overwhelmed his generation and changed history, Jumong! Up to now we have been used to dramas dealing with the history of kings and knights but now we are about to challenge in creating a drama with the birth of a true hero. A name only remembered as a myth. Get ready to meet Jumong, the hero who opened up the skies of the Old Joseon, which was once ours, by fighting thousands and thousands of armies.

Meet the love even bigger than the history.

'Love' seems to be the one common denominator across people of all generations and nations. 'Love' gets swept away with the waves of time and also gets hurt with biased views in societies, but it also creates a new kind of history by wrestling against adversity and the trials of time. True love, which is uncommonly seen in history, is re-drawn through the drama of our once forgotten history.

Through the wisdom and courage of Korea's first queen So Seo-no…

credits to koreandrama

Edited by kcbear

This sounds good... over 80 episodes... man that is long.... I hpe it is not slow and boring... anyone seen this yet?

I haven't finished watching this series...I have used up like about 2 months just to watch 25 episodes so far...it's not boring but just that I have been distracted by other new and shorter series in between...lol... Anyway this story started quite slow initially but as you continue watching it...seeing how Jumong started to became stronger day to day...hmm...that feeling was pretty good... I mean it's really happy to see the initially useless and flirty Jumong became wiser, mature and stronger... :D

The first few episodes were mainly about the older generations...how Jumong parents met...bla bla.. but then when the brothers grew up...competing with each other...that was quite interesting. So yeap...will continue to watch and hopefully to see how the story evolve...Must watch eventhough it is quite a long series :rolleyes:

this series is really good even though its a very long..i dont normally like to watch dramas on war but this is one exception because the story is really intriguing and the characters were developed well. pity abt the ending though, i felt like killing the script writer but i guess it made sense and ppl will remember the show more.

Edited by blotty

I'm watching Jumong till eps. 18 now, it's pretty decent I thought. Han Hye-jin is so pretty in the drama. :D

I was addicted to this serie, I couldnt stop watching till the end... 81 episodes!!! I really like the lovestory of Jumong and Seoseono, but I didnt like the end.. seoseono left.. but thats how the story is based on.. But now Im fan of Han Hye Jin (Seoseono)!!!!!

wow I am surprised there's so little replies in this thread considering it was one of the biggest dramas ...yeah i agree above..the story was interesting until the love interest started to die down. It was too bad they had to follow the actual history, and the relationship ended up pretty bad. I thought him and seoseono was sooo pretty and i really liked her relationship with jumong. *sigh* tooo bad it had to end that way

Song Il-gook... I like him lot in Jumong.

Ya its long but interesting.

Too bad its has a sad ending but thats how history is. :cry:

what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so few replies for a masterpiece like this i personally have watched tons of asian dramas during these years but nothing attracted and passionate me as this one ,jumong is the best kdrama ever made

Indeed it's a very decent korean drama, I thought it's slightly better than Jewel in the Palace! :D However due to my work & study commitments, I took quite a long time to watch the eps. Currently watched up till eps. 60+ only... As far as I do like the leads to be together in the end, but history cannot be change... this is so sad.

A very very very good series. I didn't think the two main actors were all the great (especially Han Hye Jin's performance was rather wooden), but the rest of the cast was superb. Oh Yun Soo was excellent as Jumong's mother and Jin Hee Kyung does a great job with the complex character of Yeo Mi Eul. A very good mix of palace intrigue, battle scenes and romance. The series I think all historical drama's will be compared to.

this drama is one of my all time favorites! really really enjoyed watching this drama.... nice plot and stori

This is the best drama I've ever seen. Jumong is one of a kind. The plot, storyline, scenes, actors and actreses were well put together for this drama. It's a must watch - long, but worth it!

Edited by kcbear

this is my all time fave korean drama.. Song Il-gook is so cool as jumong prince.. makes you want to live in the same era and fight side by side with him..

This drama is the best!!! I still haven't finished it though. I'm still only at episode 20...

but its still good. Can't imagine what will happen at the end.

it tooks me ages to finally give that one a chance. everyone were praising it but i couldn't get through the 2 first episodes. but now i am at ep 22 and am totally hooked. i am amazed how the show developpes even if there is nothing much new going on there. the story is rather quite simple and you can easily guess what will happen next and in the future.

in fact, i started watching this thinking it was really historically related before realizing it is a King Arthur-like legend drama. not that i care much actually. hope the show continues at that speed.

This series is so good I started watching it again. I really love this drama and I even went to buy the dvd for this! :)

I watched it. It was worth watching all 80 episodes. One of the best drama i've seen.

This was easily my favorite historical k-drama. I never felt bored watching all those episodes.

I like this series though its length. More of the action starts at the later episode which is very nice.

I always love this drama. Although it's long historical drama but it's interesting, never bored with all episodes. Love Han Hye Jin and Song Il Guk chemistry here ^^